• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

an articulated optimums prime figurine that can convert into its truck for my bestfriend Daniel whos birthday is this Monday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 41
20230128_153600.jpg

I rescued this sorry philodendron (known as a Swiss Cheese Vine) from Menards today. It was a whopping $4.00 (US). My saddest rescue to date. Roughly 60% of its leaves were yellow, brown, or dead when I got it home. This photo is after a major cut back and misting.

I ordered 100 empty CD/DVD cases. And I'm probably the only person to buy that since 2002. :) I imagine I will receive a box covered with dust and cobwebs. And it will be marked "Antiques".

Last edited:
Coca Cola Zero. A big bottle because it's my water! It also could be that the aspartame is metabolised into phenylalanine, which has antidepressant and anxiolytic properties.

Coca Cola Zero. A big bottle because it's my water! It also could be that the aspartame is metabolised into phenylalanine, which has antidepressant and anxiolytic properties.
What? Is this true or are you being facetious? I think you are being serious, though.

I ordered 100 empty CD/DVD cases. And I'm probably the only person to buy that since 2002. :) I imagine I will receive a box covered with dust and cobwebs. And it will be marked "Antiques".
I admit, I’ve been wondering more than is normal why you purchased these?

What? Is this true or are you being facetious? I think you are being serious, though.
I'm being serious :) Perhaps a bit tongue in cheek about it being my "water" but the bit about the antidepressant and anxiolytic properties, I'm being serious about :)

I actually have noticed that there is some anecdotal evidence that people who suffer from mental illness and suffer from depression often drink a lot of Coca-Cola. There seems to be a correlation for some reason. I sometimes read the Secret Life of a Manic Depressive blog and the author has mentioned she drinks a lot of Coca-Cola.

Perhaps it's the taste, I'm not sure if regular Coke has any aspartame in it.

About two years ago, I was in a real bad way and I started craving Coca-Cola zero. It seemed to have a calming effect. I also drank a lot of Earl Grey tea. The bergamot in it apparently acts as an anxiolytic too!

Strange how the human body figures these things out.

A box of Good n' Plenty licorice drops. They look kind of like erasers and taste weird but I like them.

At the store there are some new vending machines and one really sketchy worn-out one. I like the crappy one because I put in 75 cents and it spits out a can of root-beer and $1.25. Small victories.

A box of Good n' Plenty licorice drops. They look kind of like erasers and taste weird but I like them.

At the store there are some new vending machines and one really sketchy worn-out one. I like the crappy one because I put in 75 cents and it spits out a can of root-beer and $1.25. Small victories.
Aww not fair! I like root beer! And $1.25! Actually, if you are careful you might just be able to beat inflation and have an ample supply of root beer. Just don't over do it and let anyone catch on! :)

Aww not fair! I like root beer! And $1.25! Actually, if you are careful you might just be able to beat inflation and have an ample supply of root beer. Just don't over do it and let anyone catch on! :)
If I dropped coordinates for it, it would end up like a diabetes geocache or something.

The regular version has HFCS instead, I think. IIRC there was a 'throwback' variety once that contained actual cane sugar but I have no idea if they even make it anymore
Lowe's Hardware actually has Coca-Cola with cane sugar. It's imported from Mexico and is in glass Coke bottles.

Why the hardware store? Mexican folks who grew up drinking Coke on a hot day, then went to America for jobs in carpentry or roofing, find themselves disappointed by the HFCS American soda so the hardware store sells them the real thing. at least here in the deep south I am finding that. We have a fairly significant Latino population and they thankfully brought their favorite food and music with them. Been to quite a few Mexican fiestas where everyone is cooking off the back of Ford pickup trucks and someone's got a guitar going and everyone's having a good time.

But yeah that is how I was able to find real Coca-Cola. YMMV

New Threads

Top Bottom