• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

Anyway, items brought lately. Two books on a short break, an old hand vice.
A digital caliper and lastly for no reason at all, a weight and scale !

Attachments

• 20221011_162838.jpg
    20221011_162838.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 56
Small mahogany eight-day clock by Sessions. I'm not sure how old it is--1910s or 1920s maybe.

The finish is roached--I'll have to clean it first which should lighten it a lot, and then French-polish it with shellac & mild abrasives. Also the right-hand side of the case is falling off. Fun little wood-working project; I think I can make it look like it's actually been cared for.

It doesn't need batteries, which is nice--but I have to get a key to crank it up with and then I think I can get it going from there.

The small, well-made wooden case & the intricate Maltese-cross and trident designs on the hands really appealed to me. You can't get a Walmart clock that looks good like this. Might take a bit to get it going again but I think I can sweet-talk it back into life, just like with most antiques. It's almost like they want to run.

View attachment 76792 View attachment 76793
I'm currently working on my grandparents old clock

Attachments

• 20221011_164054.jpg
    20221011_164054.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 45
I bought this sweet little doll at the thrift store today for only around 3 dollars. I think she's from a line of dolls made back in the 60s or 70s called Moody Cuties, because they had different "moods" and expressions. This one looks like she's in a loving mood while blowing a kiss.:kissingheart: She's in great shape, I wonder if she was really made that long ago or if her previous owner just carefully stored her away. She even has a little bell on a chain on her neck.

Attachments

• 20221013_205623 (2).jpg
    20221013_205623 (2).jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 40
I bought a really beautiful antique music box that plays a rare song. The music box is a Japanese lacquer box with two spinning dancers on the inside and it even had the key to lock it which is usually lost. The outside is in really good condition other than one tiny chip on the lid and the hand painted flowers and butterflies have no paint loss. The song is Sayonara written by Irving Berlin. Judging on the design of the dancers, I’m guessing it was made between the 60s and 70s.

8 Edison Blue Amberol records (phonograph cylinders)
9 Edison Diamond Disc records (80rpm vertical cut discs)
8 standard 78rpm victrola records focusing on European, Mexican, Argentine, and African-American music.

Yesterday and today
(2) Vizio 18 inch TVs with remotes for my shop display at the Steam Gas and Horse Association.
I will couple these with two older computers out of my stash to display images of old lineshaft shops and assorted gear.
Not a bad deal for the $30 I shelled out for the pair of 'em, huh?
20221018_212054.jpg

The box on the left contains a Logitech 5.1 surround speaker system I got for a whopping $2.50

Last edited:
Workwear trousers are wonderfully intricate, hard-wearing and kitted out with enough pockets to make them perfect for photography outings & life in general.

So I bought 2 pairs, for £281...whoops. That's designer clothing price range. But these are designed to last. The fact I think they also look great is simply a bonus.

T02.PNG

t01.png

Ed

I always got mine free along with safety boots and shirts because I was employed by various companies.

Nowadays ,self employed but I can claim on work related items each tax year.

But, wow, that's expensive Ed.

New Threads

Top Bottom