• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

A care package of snacks & easy to make meals for the college student in my life.

DF6C094C-1585-4E9E-AFCA-987B6AA9E9C9.jpeg

A 3.5" removable drive bay so I can switch from Windows to Linux in ten seconds instead of ten minutes. :cool:

mb741_in_35_bay.png

Last edited:
I did buy a pair of French cars today :) (at an automotive swap meet), a few vintage Canadian automotive magazines, and a few vintage photos...

Citroen_Peugeot 01.jpg

Old Stuff 01.jpg

Old Stuff 02.jpg

Another music box and a small white dog purse with black ears. I needed a small white dog stuffed toy for the Halloween costume I’m doing this year. I’m going to use polyfill to give it a more sturdy and fuller body so it can sit inside of the wicker basket. My costume is going to be Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs and the basket will have a container of lotion with a note that says “It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.” And on the back there will be another note that says “It places the lotion in the basket.” The dog has black ears and this material that looks like its wearing a shirt or vest but the ears have ribbon bows on them which is close enough for Precious. I even wrote the name Precious on the dog tag. Now all I need is a really cheap wig and cheap makeup and I’ll be set for Halloween.

Another stim toy for myself.

Refills for tea and coffee corner: English Breakfast, Sencha, unsweetened cocoa, coffee beans & a few packs of cookies & biscuits. :)

Bought a few bits today - leather, tobacco and tweed. Suitable purchases for a man with Victorian sideburns.

Pictures below are of the specific items:

hat.jpg

cigars.jpg

Boots.jpg

Ed

These vintage dog books- I love learning about the science, evolution, genetics, behavior, psychology, training, breeding, grooming, health, and history of every dog breed, and how the breed standards have evolved over time. I have all the current AKC and FCI breed standards, and a grooming diagram of every coat type, catalogued in my brain :p
Special interests are my strongest autistic trait :oops: But it gives me a strong edge over my competition :D

I have a Pointer, not a Setter, but I love all the Setters (Irish, English, Gordon, and Irish Red & White.) Was actually considering an English Setter about a year ago but the grooming upkeep is a just bit much.
602B054C-1610-4E3E-8C35-33C01D6EE7E9.jpeg
53A379B5-BDD1-4485-87ED-1CB652B58DAB.jpeg
A364549B-7634-4A6D-B943-D231CD3A3D06.jpeg
EECE2B7B-B48D-4463-8110-3C0F7BD75D58.jpeg

And since I’m not crazy about fiction, I got some kids’ chapter books/novels to try to read when I’m bored and tired… I am definitely still a child inside my head :rolleyes:
I’m easily amused too.

I had a Border Collie growing up who looked almost exactly like that one. I’ll look for a picture of her.
97D5F063-725D-49FD-9403-4E785E78273C.jpeg

And yes, definitely meant for school-age children, but I love creepy stuff, and creepycute stuff… so a children’s novel about a ghost cat will do lol
034BED04-09EE-49AA-942C-2877F77A25D0.jpeg

Two birds, one stone
Monopoly and PIXAR Cars in one hit
20220226_133438.jpg

Tin boxed Nostalgia Edition
20220226_133559.jpg

Attachments

• 20220226_133438.jpg
    20220226_133438.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 51
A Roku Express that was on sale for $25. I’m satisfied with the purchase as I really wanted to watch Netflix and Disney+ on my tv but was tired of waiting for Nintendo to add the apps to the Switch. I also bought a HDMI Switch so that I can still use my Nintendo Switch on my tv without needing to unplug the Roku.

It probably looks like I’ve been spending a lot… yes, more than I usually allow myself for “non-essential” items, but I’m earning enough income now that I can set most of it aside and get myself some small items (aside from the vest, these were very miniscule purchases.)

More vintage dog books:

0A8ECC8C-19CA-4802-A479-63B92C59F838.jpeg
0F1C76DC-AC67-4F9A-8DC8-E364AA077CF6.jpeg

New shooting vest for field trials:
69B1CB89-C223-4CF7-B598-CA50A7AAADCC.jpeg

These wall hangings with some of my favorite quotes:
22E0D6C1-5C7C-4D4F-9989-7BA8B6DB4DF9.jpeg
B12A976F-1E87-4C47-9F84-4A6C49A57F7C.jpeg

It probably looks like I’ve been spending a lot… yes, more than I usually allow myself for “non-essential” items, but I’m earning enough income now that I can set most of it aside and get myself some small items (aside from the vest, these were very miniscule purchases.)

More vintage dog books:

View attachment 76407 View attachment 76408

New shooting vest for field trials:
View attachment 76409

These wall hangings with some of my favorite quotes:
View attachment 76410 View attachment 76411
That(illustration beside the quote) made me think of these(altenew stamps are black or clear) produced by layered colour
maxresdefault (1).jpg

A few reams of legal-size paper and some notepads, and a West Bend electric skillet--all from the thrift store. The electric skillet is a godsend as I don't have a kitchen stove here in my apartment.

Also a heavy starting battery for the car (and the fellow at the parts shop was nice enough to throw in a free terminal for the cable; took me some time to cut the cable and fit a new end to it, but then the car started up quickly.)

I need to get some radio parts, some fabric, and other stuff...and make a grocery run. And I just found brand new parts for my old Edison wax cylinder phonograph so I have simply got to get some of those. Maybe I'll be able to play it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom