• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

An MSR backpacking stove and a fuel canister. If the power goes out I can still make tea, soup, polenta etc. at least. My espresso maker would work on it too.

Another heater, to use on really cold days.
Dandelion leaf vinegar.
A 10 lb bag of grade B carrots.
Vitamin D3 supplement.
Pure alcohol; to disinfect hands after being at the shops. I’ll add a few drops of peppermint oil to make it more pleasant.

20220119_085831.jpg

Sealed Disney classic VHS tape "Bambi" from 1997

I bought a few games on Steam that were on sale. One of them is Uno because I seem to buy that on everything (already have it on PlayStation 4 and Switch for example).

An MSR backpacking stove and a fuel canister. If the power goes out I can still make tea, soup, polenta etc. at least. My espresso maker would work on it too.
Those things are incredible--MSR makes the best portable/Primus-style stoves. Is this the 'Pocket Rocket' stove--the little folding one that sits directly on top of the canisters?

@Gerontius Those are nifty but no, it’s the newest iteration of their good old backpacking stove. MSR Whisperlite Universal.

View attachment 74062

The Whisperlite Universal sounds like a fantastic stove. The wider legs should give a lot better stability and being able to run it off white gas as a backup is perfect if you can't find pressurized gas. Love it.

I used to camp and hunt all the time with family and we camped rough, could pack light, and insisted on eating well. MSR and Jetboil stoves were a major investment but Dad's gotten around 10 years so far out of his old Jetboil and he uses it a lot (even bringing it in and boiling coffee on the kitchen counter with it.)

@Gerontius I have to admit the legs on the old one were a bit “tippy” if you didn’t have a nice flat rock to put it on.

I love thinking about camping trips and hikes from the past. In a way, the memories get sweeter and better sometimes than the being on the trips. What I mean is, the strain and sweat of the hiking and sometimes lack of sleep all blends into the amazing mountains & lakes etc. On the other hand, there are those moments when tou’re tired and sore and yet wouldn’t trade places with anyone esle in the world.

Topic.

for me, earlier this afternoon I went across to the shop and bought a Dairy Milk chocolate Bar.

How about you guys? Can be anything.

Oh last week I ordered the Street Fighter 2 animated Japanese movie on Blu Ray, was dispatched from an Amazon Marketplace seller today.
my medication, and a 6 pack of rum. yes, i succumbed this evening. rough afternoon. needed to relax. but hey, better than the 13+ drinks that i usually purchase.

New Threads

Top Bottom