• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Last Thing That Made You Smile

This made me smile as I do enjoy these kind of images:

DA62DECA5E03FFA68F4A5A5398BD2A3E53CD8228

Reading an affirmation online,

"Whatever you'd like to do well,
Do it with the confidence of a four year old who's wearing a Batman T shirt & cape"

It's been a while since I've read any sites regarding autism, asides from this forum. One site mentioned a symptom I hadn't read before - a sensitivity to anomalies. The example it used was cracks in walls.

For some reason this made me smile, as it struck a chord with me. I suppose it's part of seeing patterns in things - and something that is different from said pattern, such as a crack in a wall or brickwork seems to stand out like a sore thumb.

There's also something unnerving about these cracks. I suppose it triggers feelings of a lack of safety. Some form of structural decay/instability along with fear of the dark. As wide cracks are usually completely black and I think it triggers a fear of the unknown too.

Seems strange to laugh when reading about a symptom that tends to trigger worry. I think it's just enjoyable to feel more understood when I read about autism behaviours.

Ed

If you're easily upset by gassy bodily functions, read no further.

Watching a one year old surprise himself at the volume and force of his own burp,
then laugh uncontrollably because of it.

Buying some chocolate chip cookie dough and discovering that it's now advertised on the packaging that you can safely eat raw dough or bake it into cookies. :)

LOL...never thought that day would come! o_O

Last edited:
It's been so much time since I played guitar, these days I picked up my guitar again and it was so much fun and excitement :D

Getting a Secret Santa gift from a friend of a cook who works at my aunt's bar. It's six pairs of socks that look like cat paws.

My ex-FIL found my ornaments that I left at my ex's house and mailed them to me. One of them was my " first Xmas" baby booties that I got from my grandmother

The way my cat stretches his paws out in front of him and then pulls them back and curls them over his eyes. :catface:

I don't think I have felt this way in a looooong time; I'm so happy right now, I got an email from my university's professor with the official date and hour I have to give an oral defense of my graduation project; it may not be the graduation date, but after 10 years struggling, crying, and a lot of experiences; only 1 month until I present my final test.

10 years of electronic engineering and I'm so so close right now; just 1 more month of hard work =''''''DDD

New Threads

Top Bottom