• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Craziest Things BANNED In America

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kinder eggs never fail to surprise me (pun not intended). Anyone who can survive eating a sandwich can handle a Kinder egg. I want one, now.

I know it is a very odd thing to do but every once in a while I smoke (a small portion of) a cigar. So they are here. o_O :D

I have to confess I was at some point a Kinder Egg smuggler. But I did it for the kids, not because I liked collecting the toys or anything. Well, just a few of the toy series maybe. :D

The Kinder eggs never fail to surprise me (pun not intended). Anyone who can survive eating a sandwich can handle a Kinder egg. I want one, now.

It's not the actual egg that's banned, it's the toys that come with them because they're unsuitable for small children.

The video was for the most part funny, but also telling, as so much more is out there, if people care to look.

I think I need the US to ban me and send me back to my family in Canada, or maybe I should just ban myself from the craziest nut jobs in the world (never saying there aren't great people left here). I could go home on my own free will but I barely know these people anymore... I want to know them again. They were the quiet ones.

It's kind of cool since one side of my family is American and the other Candian.

People think I'm screwed up, and I get that... But really?

This country is losing its mind. I think they are putting something in the water (just kidding I think). I just read a thing on Yahoo that Texas has more inmates than any other state in the US, and the US has more inmates than any other country in the world... We can't build hospitals fast enough to house the sick... There seems to be no cure for anything but a DRUG for everything... I don't get it, yet I do, and I don't like it.

I was reading some other stuff I quit reading it... It was revealing a side of this country that isn't what I call the home of the brave or the land of the free... I fear Karma is at some point going to come knocking, and when it does... It's gonna just kick the door in and it's not going to be pretty.

This used to be a truly great place, but I think it sold its soul a long time ago, and that worries me.

Guns? Oh no wait, they are nowhere near as dangerous as a kinder egg.

Bella... I get what your saying and in a perfect world it would work... But bad people are gonna get thier weapons, and keep their weapons no matter if the guns are banned or not...

I dont care for guns, not a big fan at all (they hurt my ears too bad), but if you ban the guns for good law abiding people... Who is left with all the guns??? The bad guys, and they dont care if they are illegal... Thats part of being a bad guy (or girl).

Its sad, but a horrible thing to have to think on. It leaves good, honest, hard working people, defensless against people who KNOW they are now defensless (once the guns are taken away)... I could see crime skyrocketing just for that one fact alone.

I just wish we had never figured out how to make them, but that is just a lost waste of time. I dont know the answer, but is banning good people from trying to protect themselves the answer?

This is part of that "I think we sold our soul a long time ago" thing.

The video was for the most part funny, but also telling, as so much more is out there, if people care to look.

I think I need the US to ban me and send me back to my family in Canada, or maybe I should just ban myself from the craziest nut jobs in the world (never saying there aren't great people left here). I could go home on my own free will but I barely know these people anymore... I want to know them again. They were the quiet ones.

It's kind of cool since one side of my family is American and the other Candian.

People think I'm screwed up, and I get that... But really?

This country is losing its mind. I think they are putting something in the water (just kidding I think). I just read a thing on Yahoo that Texas has more inmates than any other state in the US, and the US has more inmates than any other country in the world... We can't build hospitals fast enough to house the sick... There seems to be no cure for anything but a DRUG for everything... I don't get it, yet I do, and I don't like it.

I was reading some other stuff I quit reading it... It was revealing a side of this country that isn't what I call the home of the brave or the land of the free... I fear Karma is at some point going to come knocking, and when it does... It's gonna just kick the door in and it's not going to be pretty.

This used to be a truly great place, but I think it sold its soul a long time ago, and that worries me.

They are putting stuff in the water, chlorine and flouride are good examples. I don’t care to debate the pros and cons of flouride, but it is interesting to note that European countries don’t do it.

I disagree that America used to in some way be better than it is today. Some things used to be better, but a lot of things were worse.

One of the best things our founding fathers did when establishing th first modern democracy was to allow for progression over time. The ability to adapt is why we have survived and the only reason we have a chance of continuing to do so.

In many ways the democracy we know today is much better than it was in the beginning. Sometimes, too many times, we take steps in the wrong direction, but reading a history book of America's past mistakes is a reminder of how far we have come and how many injustices have been corrected. There are many things we can work on, but ideally we will continue to slowly improve over time.

Bella... I get what your saying and in a perfect world it would work... But bad people are gonna get thier weapons, and keep their weapons no matter if the guns are banned or not...

I dont care for guns, not a big fan at all (they hurt my ears too bad), but if you ban the guns for good law abiding people... Who is left with all the guns??? The bad guys, and they dont care if they are illegal... Thats part of being a bad guy (or girl).

Its sad, but a horrible thing to have to think on. It leaves good, honest, hard working people, defensless against people who KNOW they are now defensless (once the guns are taken away)... I could see crime skyrocketing just for that one fact alone.

I just wish we had never figured out how to make them, but that is just a lost waste of time. I dont know the answer, but is banning good people from trying to protect themselves the answer?

Without getting too political I will add my two cents worth.

People intent on evil will find a way to commit that evil one way or another. We can put measures in place to minimize their destructive power, such as performing criminal background checks on the purchase of all firearms, but evil people will continue to do evil things. Without guns more people will be stabbed or run over with cars. It’s not about the weapon, it’s about the evil inside of people.

All the being said, the kinder egg thing is silly. Just put on warning on it like everything else.

They are putting stuff in the water, chlorine and flouride are good examples. I don’t care to debate the pros and cons of flouride, but it is interesting to note that European countries don’t do it.

I disagree that America used to in some way be better than it is today. Some things used to be better, but a lot of things were worse.

One of the best things our founding fathers did when establishing th first modern democracy was to allow for progression over time. The ability to adapt is why we have survived and the only reason we have a chance of continuing to do so.

In many ways the democracy we know today is much better than it was in the beginning. Sometimes, too many times, we take steps in the wrong direction, but reading a history book of America's past mistakes is a reminder of how far we have come and how many injustices have been corrected. There are many things we can work on, but ideally we will continue to slowly improve over time.

I agree in some ways... I just had my head stuck on so many loop holes of laws that basically equal nothing if you have enough money, and how masses have become so dependant on the government to tell them every move they can and cant make, while limiting them from going out and becoming great, by soaking things in red tape.

It works both ways, and the more people it seems the nuttier it gets, but this is what we have. I just like things clear and understandable, not so complicated that even the people writing the laws cant understand them... I can list off many. This is why I try not to talk about government. I dont understand their complications and meddling in peoples lives, nor do I like it. I wind up saying something that is off centre and it just gets to messed up.

I agree in some ways... I just had my head stuck on so many loop holes of laws that basically equal nothing if you have enough money, and how masses have become so dependant on the government to tell them every move they can and cant make, while limiting them from going out and becoming great, by soaking things in red tape.

It works both ways, and the more people it seems the nuttier it gets, but this is what we have. I just like things clear and understandable, not so complicated that even the people writing the laws cant understand them... I can list off many. This is why I try not to talk about government. I dont understand their complications and meddling in peoples lives, nor do I like it. I wind up saying something that is off centre and it just gets to messed up.

This is certainly room for improvement, no doubt about that. However, the laws that exist were created for a reason. We can debate the usefulness of many laws, but most laws are passed as a reaction to some problem that needs to be addressed or corrected. Often that means someone found a way to harm others which wasn’t criminal at the time so a law was made to prosecute anyone who does it in the future. Modern laws pertaining to hacking are a good example.

One thing (among many) that America has added to the tapestry of human history and knowledge is the realization that people are too innately evil to ever be truly free. Real freedom can never happen because too many people would abuse that situation and harm others. There must be a system in place to protect the vulnerable if we want to function as a civilized society. There are plenty of countries that aren’t safe because governments don’t insist on protecting their citizens. The unaccompanied children pouring over our Southern border come from those countries.

I agree that sometimes the government interferes too much and too often, but I prefer that to living in a place where parents would rather send their children away and never see them again because keeping them at home is too great a risk for their survival.

This is certainly room for improvement, no doubt about that. However, the laws that exist were created for a reason. We can debate the usefulness of many laws, but most laws are passed as a reaction to some problem that needs to be addressed or corrected. Often that means someone found a way to harm others which wasn’t criminal at the time so a law was made to prosecute anyone who does it in the future. Modern laws pertaining to hacking are a good example.

One thing (among many) that America has added to the tapestry of human history and knowledge is the realization that people are too innately evil to ever be truly free. Real freedom can never happen because too many people would abuse that situation and harm others. There must be a system in place to protect the vulnerable if we want to function as a civilized society. There are plenty of countries that aren’t safe because governments don’t insist on protecting their citizens. The unaccompanied children pouring over our Southern border come from those countries.

I agree that sometimes the government interferes too much and too often, but I prefer that to living in a place where parents would rather send their children away and never see them again because keeping them at home is too great a risk for their survival.

I think I expect too much out of humanity... I give all I have and its never enough.

I see others just taking, stealing, killing, from those who cant give much more and it makes me just start thinking in bad circles... Not counting the mental stress it puts on everyone at so many levels.

Plus I'm just in a pissy mood cause my debt card got hacked, my bank account got raided, and all thats fixed but I have no debt card (until the new one arrives) and its just been a crappy week as far as masses of red tape and sheer unwanted aggrivation goes...

Telemarketers are flooding my phone, I have both no calls filled out and atcive, but they just ignore them anyway... I even got a call from my own number! Telling me I was a security risk and wanting all my information and I hung up of course. Then there it is on TV big scam, dont answer your phone when its your phone number...

I just get tired of this massive rush of wasted life that we have created in all this so called greatness. I just dont think my mind is wired for it, and that is why I have so many massive issues. I guess I'm not supposed to undertand actully or I wouldnt be ASD...

Maybe thats why I just want to go be a monk, or a mountain man somewhere. I just dont get it. I dont get it at most any level. Its not that I agree, or disagree... I just dont get it... Theres just too much in the way from point A to point B at every topic.

I dream of a time where we are much more humane, and people arent sick and worried out of thier heads.

The really bad people are buying kinder eggs for the children.

I think I expect too much out of humanity... I give all I have and its never enough.

I see others just taking, stealing, killing, from those who cant give much more and it makes me just start thinking in bad circles... Not counting the mental stress it puts on everyone at so many levels.

Plus I'm just in a pissy mood cause my debt card got hacked, my bank account got raided, and all thats fixed but I have no debt card (until the new one arrives) and its just been a crappy week as far as masses of red tape and sheer unwanted aggrivation goes...

Telemarketers are flooding my phone, I have both no calls filled out and atcive, but they just ignore them anyway... I even got a call from my own number! Telling me I was a security risk and wanting all my information and I hung up of course. Then there it is on TV big scam, dont answer your phone when its your phone number...

I just get tired of this massive rush of wasted life that we have created in all this so called greatness. I just dont think my mind is wired for it, and that is why I have so many massive issues. I guess I'm not supposed to undertand actully or I wouldnt be ASD...

Maybe thats why I just want to go be a monk, or a mountain man somewhere. I just dont get it. I dont get it at most any level. Its not that I agree, or disagree... I just dont get it... Theres just too much in the way from point A to point B at every topic.

I dream of a time where we are much more humane, and people arent sick and worried out of thier heads.

Talking about taking and stealing, we totally stole this thread and made it our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom