• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Swimming with the Betas

yellow_blue_betta_dragon_by_snowifer_dcz62i3-fullview.jpg

"Everyone, if I could have your attention for a moment? Tyler had a little spell of sleep paralysis. He's fine, he's okay. I'm looking after him. Just letting you all know he's alive and well, he's breathing okay."

Betta fish is a great pet, had one that lived for only a month.
But, the problem is that beta should be kept alone because it was stressed in my aquarium with other fish and also bullied them. So, I excluded them from my current aquarium.

Betta fish is a great pet, had one that lived for only a month.
But, the problem is that beta should be kept alone because it was stressed in my aquarium with other fish and also bullied them. So, I excluded them from my current aquarium.
Try again. I would love to see Your fish tank.
You know they can live up to 10 years?
And nature isn't as forgiving as us.
They meant to live surrounded by other fish but like every other kind, they need their space that is undisturbed by the others, otherwise, they will take what it takes to protect it.
I had one Betta living in 500l tank along other fish... It's true they will protect their turf but they are least to be stressed. At the end of the day they are called "fighting"fish. If You give them enough space and allow them first in the tank to allow them create the borders, they can share it with other fish... It takes time and lot of think through. So far I managed to have schools of endlers and shrimps around and even gouramis, as long they have their own turf... I even attempted to breed but 5females Round one Betta małe was too much in 500l tank filled with schools of other fish and shrimp. All females were destroyed unfortunately.
Best viewing experience I had combining plecos and Betta fish. They "show off" on regular basis on territory borders. Rising their fins and showing their strength but never fight. Plecos was able to breed even when around Betta.
Thanks hopes that makes sense;)

They meant to live surrounded by other fish but like every other kind, they need their space that is undisturbed by the others, otherwise, they will take what it takes to protect it.
I had one Betta living in 500l tank along other fish... It's true they will protect their turf but they are least to be stressed. At the end of the day they are called "fighting"fish. If You give them enough space and allow them first in the tank to allow them create the borders, they can share it with other fish... It takes time and lot of think through. So far I managed to have schools of endlers and shrimps around and even gouramis, as long they have their own turf... I even attempted to breed but 5females Round one Betta małe was too much in 500l tank filled with schools of other fish and shrimp. All females were destroyed unfortunately.
Best viewing experience I had combining plecos and Betta fish. They "show off" on regular basis on territory borders. Rising their fins and showing their strength but never fight. Plecos was able to breed even when around Betta.
I didn't know they could live that long.
I've had numerous Bettas and most only survived a few months to a year.
Are there any special conditions they need to have a long life?
Mine were in aeriated tanks with of course, no chlorinated water.

The idea of Plecos with them would be great. I really like those.
I used to breed fancy guppies. They look a lot like the Bettas.
They give birth live and when the females are ready, I had to put a
divider in the tank to separate them from the males since the males would eat the babies.
My breeding experiment was to selectively create the most beautiful male with the largest, flowing fins and brilliant colors.
At one time, I had 10 tanks of different species of fish, from tiny tetras to the Plecos and a big Oscar.

Is this deciphering and enjoying enhanced dreams a special interest to others here?

Until recently, it used to be. But, I think this caused more anxiety in me. It's like picking a wound--you might learn something, but I think you make the problem worse. I'm not sure we're really meant to look at dreams much. Perhaps they are just stress relief. I don't deny they relate to our emotions, but I don't think there's anything secret or repressed to unlock.

Until recently, it used to be. But, I think this caused more anxiety in me. It's like picking a wound--you might learn something, but I think you make the problem worse. I'm not sure we're really meant to look at dreams much. Perhaps they are just stress relief. I don't deny they relate to our emotions, but I don't think there's anything secret or repressed to unlock.
I've always had such vivid, colorful and even lucid dreams, I think I would feel anxiety if they stopped.
It's like having two lives at once. Waking life and dream life. Even if I can't associate them with a psychological meaning. I just enjoy them. :)

I've read they live for 2-5 years. But from my expirience all tropical fish are short living, only a goldfish has lived for 5 years.

New Threads

Top Bottom