• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Swimming with the Betas

Those two dreams started Years ago after loosin 3 friends who committed suicide one by one in a month of may....
I would have all kind of dreams that carry on one after another like a TV series.
Thanks

I am sooooo grateful and glad that people here don't think i'm crazy for talking about being a psion! My only regret is not being able to visit you guys in person :p but that's okay!

Now if i could just get this to where i can cosplay as Luke Skywalker IRL :D

So funny. I thought the title of your post meant you were literally swimming in a pool or something with "beta males" (ie men who are not considered to be "alpha males").

Some very complicated and surreal dreams there @TheName .
There seems to be a Germanic theme running through them.

I would contemplate on how did your friend die?
Even the corridor with the closed doors and the signs reminds me of WW2.
The symbology is deep and oblique.

I see you are artistic. Very creative minds. Interesting indeed.

I've had too many strange dreams to mention, but I don't have nightmares.

This is the odd dream I had while sleeping in the afternoon a few days ago:
I was in a hospital hallway talking with a nurse at one of the nurses' stations.
No one else was around except the two of us.
Everything looked new, clean and modern.

I asked her what time did you have to leave after the doctor discharges you
before you had to spend another night?
She said, "By 2 pm."
She then left and I was alone.
I needed to use the bathroom and didn't know where it was.
With no one around, I saw a room at the end of the hall that was dark and had
the door half open.
I thought I could go in and use the bathroom there and no one would know.
So, I went inside and into the bathroom.
Then I heard someone calling my name. "Susan, Susan..."
I couldn't tell where it was coming from so I thought I should leave the idea of
using the toilet in the room.
I walked back out and as I came through the door I woke up.

Sure enough, I needed to go to the bathroom.
The odd part was the nursing telling me you had to leave the hospital by 2 pm
after the doctor discharges you.
I looked at the clock and it was 2:05 pm.
Guess I had to go! :rolleyes:

Some very complicated and surreal dreams there @TheName .
There seems to be a Germanic theme running through them.

I would contemplate on how did your friend die?
Even the corridor with the closed doors and the signs reminds me of WW2.
The symbology is deep and oblique.

I see you are artistic. Very creative minds. Interesting indeed.
I don't know. I was thinking what to write in reply to this.
This is what "dream" means by definition:
"A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep."
I'm only 36 and know WW2 from history and my grandparents stories.
In regards to my friends who took their lives... In short it was due to homelessness, drug abuse and living in constant stress and poverty. How they died doesn't matter.
Thank You
PS
I never was considered as artistic mind. Thank You, I suppose it was a compliment.
:)

So funny. I thought the title of your post meant you were literally swimming in a pool or something with "beta males" (ie men who are not considered to be "alpha males").
I thought it was about fishes called Beta fish... :)

It was about Beta fish.

Dreams do occur during stages of sleep. Usually REM.
They have mostly been regarded as the dumping of the unconscious mind.
I find digging into what the dumpster contains exciting.
If you can find the meaning of the unconscious mind, you may find the unknown
about yourself.
After all, unconscious means not aware of consciously.
Who knows what you may find there.

Maybe even a Beta. Correct spelling according to Bing--Betta fish.
beta.jpg

It was about Beta fish.

about yourself.

View attachment 88902
Aquascaping / fish keeping, is my favourite thing to do. Hobby I would say. It's interesting that as I first fish to keep, I choose Betta fish.
In regards to the dreams, I found it interesting that we can't choose what we dreaming about however, even if I wake up, go toilet and fall asleep, my dreams mostly resume from the point I woke up.

Aquascaping / fish keeping, is my favourite thing to do. Hobby I would say. It's interesting that as I first fish to keep, I choose Betta fish.
In regards to the dreams, I found it interesting that we can't choose what we dreaming about however, even if I wake up, go toilet and fall asleep, my dreams mostly resume from the point I woke up.
Self correct, one of two things/ hobbies...

I had a lot of fish and aquariums when I was a teenager.
It was like my own little zoo. Fish, birds, snakes, turtles, lizards, cats, dogs, exotic chickens and pheasants.
Later, when I moved to Florida, I let all the tanks and fish go and kept the Bettas
around. They are so pretty.

My other hobby was oil painting. I've sold quite a few of those.
And always the need to know. I love learning new things and studying
space, physics, psychology and medical arts in particular.
Interest in metaphysics also.

Yes, regarding dreams that you can wake up and go the bathroom then fall back asleep and resume, I've had that happen too. A lot.
I'm sure science would say it is because you don't totally resume consciousness
so, when you fall back asleep the brain resumes where it left off.
I stay open minded regarding such things.
Just as we might answer the phone or talk with someone in the night, then not
remember it the next day.

One particular dream always stands out when talking of waking and resuming the dream.
I dreamt I was walking around the Opera Centre in Sydney. (I've never been to Sydney.) I was admiring the building and looking at the bridge there that goes across the harbor.
My Mom kept coming to my bedroom door talking about something on the news and asking me questions. I'd fall back asleep, and I guess I wanted to resume the dream, because each time I would find myself in the air above the building and bridge. I used the bridge as a landmark and would go to it and continue the walking about the area. She interrupted three times. I always returned and at last
I found I was looking for a bed and breakfast across the harbor from the opera centre.

It was about Beta fish.

about yourself.

View attachment 88902
I kept Betta fishes in my life. Great animals and great hobby...

Th... That.... I-it looks just like Aloe when I Visit her! Oh, she looks so vibrant... She's almost glowing...!

Yesterday morning I had a most unusual dream.

I'm posting this under special interests, because my dream life is of a special interest to me.
I like trying to figure out the psychological symbolism. And some of them are like going through a maze.
I dream in vivid color, lucid much of the time and they seem so real it is like the flip side of my waking life.

In this particular dream I as walking in a grassy meadow when I saw a white and black butterfly on a small flower next to the ground.
I touched it and suddenly the whole scene changed.
It turned into a desert of white sand surrounded by rock cliffs and a few scraggy rocks in the sand.
This sand held a basin of clear water within the cliffs around it. Very sunny, yet it didn't feel hot.
The water was about knee deep as I walked through it barefoot.

I noticed the water was alive with small fish.
As I looked closer, it was Betas of all colors and sizes. Young babies to full grown.
I reached into the water and touched one. It changed colors when it was touched.
Others did the same when I touched them. Pink, green, blue, purple, red, multi-colors. Very beautiful.

I wanted to swim with them. But the water wasn't really deep enough to swim in, so I just laid down in it with the Betas swimming all around me.
This went on for what seemed to be hours. I was thinking about the sun, the desert and how this couldn't really be in real life.
It was a wonderful experience and when I woke up, I thought of Aloe! @UberScout 's Beta.
I was being calmed and enjoying these wonderful fish all around me.
Swimming with the Betas.

Is this deciphering and enjoying enhanced dreams a special interest to others here?
I find it fascinating and sorry not everyone has more vivid than life dreams in color.
Any ideas of what my dream could have meant to my mind?
Or stories to share of your own dreamscapes?
I came here from google, although I am a member.
I googled "Swimming" and "stimming".
I've just started to force myself to go swimming as a desperate attempt to alter my low mood, I think I've been a dozen times, and postponed a few :confused:
It only occurred to me, duh! that swimming = stimming, possibly, for me, and how it must appeal to many austistic kids, according to a quick google.

I am fascinated with dreams.
I am really saddened that I have not been dreaming lately.
I even dreamed that I was in bed, not wanting to wake up.
Reality feels really stressful for me, right now.
That I see no end in sight, adds to the stress, so I am trying desperately to help myself, and I have some help.

Anyway, sorry to be a downer, I love the way you wrote out your dreams.
I think your psychic strengths come out in your writing, and I am envious, in an honest, non hostile way, that's why I admit it.
I started taking 5-htp as that is known to help dreams.

My mum said I could plan my dreams when I was 2 or 3.
I also think I had a precognitive dream about a man I was invoked with in 2021/2022.

I think the dream is beautifully written, shows good writing talent as well as creativity.
I would probably want to do more art, I'd have plenty inspiration, if I dreamt the way you do.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing this and describing your dream so beautifully. I admit I often find listening to people’s descriptions of their dreams very frustrating because it is quite impossible to figure out what the heck they are talking about due to the intensely bizarre nature of dreams.

You do it, beautifully, though and it was a pleasure to read.

I used to dream nightly and I loved it and I felt like I got to live many lifetimes every single night. They were not lucid, but they were vivid and memorable and pleasant for the most part. Sadly I think I destroyed a lot of that with drugs and as I went further down the path of addiction, my dreams disappeared and now I am left with simple insomnia.

I’ve read that after sustained sobriety, though, dreams can return and that is one of my goals of sobriety. To live another life in my dreams every night.
You are not alone, I stopped dreaming and do drugs.
I share your sadness over it, and hope for both of us, and anyone else out there in our boat, that we start dreaming again as soon as possible, and grow from it, dreams are powerful.

I was clean for a long time, up until January 2022.
I started a journal tonight, "No point in me being sober", and was lead to a podcast on the human shadow, which I thought I would benefit from, if I am prepared to look at myself, warts and all, and accept that unacceptable behaviour I see in others is just a mirror of what I cannot see about me, in addition to doing dreamwork, I stopped dreaming, and, before then my dreams might have been about dissociation material, a maladaptive pastime of mine, as I am finding waking reality tough right now, and have always been perplexed by it, so, dreams, bring 'em on, gateway to unconscious.

I want to grow strong though dreams, and the shadow, as there is undiscovered gems, and having only discovered artistic talent at 30+ and singing talent at 40+ and feeling hopeless in life, not drugs fault, they are a response to other issues.

I am feeling fragile at the moment and want to lovingly toughen up, so I can get on with life, with the help of dreams, among other things.

Maybe our psyche is telling us we are not, right now, ready to see the unconscious through our dreams, but we must not give up hope.

I'm getting that I am thinking, the more I lament about my lack of dreams and if I try to see if I am somehow, unconsciously bullying myself into dreaming, and it's having the opposite effect? I don't know.

I want to make the unconscious conscious with the help of my dreams, I am currently reading and sniffing around this now famous man who was sectioned years ago, now psychiatrists seek his advice. Paul Levy awakeninthedream.com, he lucid dreams, and is trying to get people to do it, purely because he feels it is so beneficial.
He talks about people who are conscious of their unconscious are world beneficiaries for want of a better world, pioneers for change for the better, waking up to the corrupt nature of society.

I'd like to think, a good look at my Jungian shadow, and dreams, may even open that door, where creativity and gems are to be found.
May you find your gems.

Last edited:
I had a lot of fish and aquariums when I was a teenager.
It was like my own little zoo. Fish, birds, snakes, turtles, lizards, cats, dogs, exotic chickens and pheasants.
Later, when I moved to Florida, I let all the tanks and fish go and kept the Bettas
around. They are so pretty.

My other hobby was oil painting. I've sold quite a few of those.
And always the need to know. I love learning new things and studying
space, physics, psychology and medical arts in particular.
Interest in metaphysics also.

Yes, regarding dreams that you can wake up and go the bathroom then fall back asleep and resume, I've had that happen too. A lot.
I'm sure science would say it is because you don't totally resume consciousness
so, when you fall back asleep the brain resumes where it left off.
I stay open minded regarding such things.
Just as we might answer the phone or talk with someone in the night, then not
remember it the next day.

One particular dream always stands out when talking of waking and resuming the dream.
I dreamt I was walking around the Opera Centre in Sydney. (I've never been to Sydney.) I was admiring the building and looking at the bridge there that goes across the harbor.
My Mom kept coming to my bedroom door talking about something on the news and asking me questions. I'd fall back asleep, and I guess I wanted to resume the dream, because each time I would find myself in the air above the building and bridge. I used the bridge as a landmark and would go to it and continue the walking about the area. She interrupted three times. I always returned and at last
I found I was looking for a bed and breakfast across the harbor from the opera centre.
Amazing.

I came here from google, although I am a member.
I googled "Swimming" and "stimming".
I've just started to force myself to go swimming as a desperate attempt to alter my low mood, I think I've been a dozen times, and postponed a few :confused:
It only occurred to me, duh! that swimming = stimming, possibly, for me, and how it must appeal to many austistic kids, according to a quick google.
Might be something to it. I swam almost daily in high school. (I got special permission to do so.) Loved it--lived for it. Now, as an older adult, I haven't swum in years. But recently I had a dream I was swimming. There were all of these people in the pool, standing around in groups and gabbing and giving me dirty looks--but I ignored them and swam laps. I love swimming laps. I had forgotten how good it felt to be in the water swimming. So I looked into a gym membership later that day but it was much too expensive. Oh well.
I am fascinated with dreams.
I am really saddened that I have not been dreaming lately.
I even dreamed that I was in bed, not wanting to wake up.
Reality feels really stressful for me, right now.
That I see no end in sight, adds to the stress, so I am trying desperately to help myself, and I have some help.
Could it be the stress that's causing you not to dream? I, too, have been wanting to dream more. Or, at least to remember what I have dreamt. I used to, in vivid detail, and used to be able to control a lot of the elements when dreaming, too. I'm aware that even now I do dream, but I seem to have misplaced that ability to recall them upon waking. Some things I'm doing to help are going to bed earlier, taking a bath to relax before bed, staying away from any foods I'm allergic to (they keep me from sleeping at all), trying to exercise in the evenings (not doing well there), trying to avoid stressful things in the evening, avoiding eating late, wearing ear plugs. I don't know if any of these ideas might help you or not. I know I've been more conscious that I have been dreaming, but I think the greatest benefit is that I am getting more sleep each night.

New Threads

Top Bottom