• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stuffed Animals

Other than stuffed animals I only played with guy toys like cars and soliders etc. I was a huge Pokemon fan

Hellodizzy: Yes I have tons of teddy bears stuffed and breakable that I collect and throughout high school and the first half of college I brought a stuffed animal with me to classes. Its comforting. That's one reason I got into collecting Ball Jointed dolls is because of the characters being mine and from my head so they are comforting. As someone who is older than twenty I have to say I do anyway carry stuffed animals or a dollie with me wherever I go even if its something small. I also have a huge Giant Grumpy CareBear that I sleep with. I can't sleep without him as well as Mr. Ruggers another giant Teddy that sleeps on the other side of me.

Oh have to tell you I love your Kuromi. I have a Kuromi purse that I got at Sanrio:cute:.

When I was little, my youngest, older brother and I would play out these extravagant scenarios involving all of our stuffed toys. Each animal coming complete with a back story and personality.

We had a lot of stuffed toys because they tend to be more durable than the plastic action figures we hucked off the roof.

Nowadays, I only have the turtle that my mom crocheted for me when I was a baby.

I have one stuffed animal - a very large sock monkey. (I think it's because I never had one when I was young.) Waldo always gives Mr Sock Monkey the evil eye. I doubt Waldo will ever accept him as a surrogate "daddy"! I found that special monkey shirt that I think is cute. Size 5t. Like my friend said "he's a big boy." I paid $26 for him and now he's almost $100!
FYI: That's his tail. ;)

image.jpg

I use to have some stuff animals when I use to date my gf. She had two and I had two. We would sleep with them every night. I would't care about society. I seen someone with some stuff animal on their motor cycle. I know that stuff animal meant allot to him the way how it was mounted on his motor cycle.

I've lost track of my favorite stuffed animal, it was a squirrel I named Ranger Rick, after my favorite childhood magazine!

These are my faves, I lost my lime green lion I had as a kid :(

They're made by hand by a lovely lady in New Zealand :)
IMG_1416.JPG

I have a lifelong best friend in Peanut. :D

My nana and poppa gave me a $10 gift voucher several years back. I used that to buy this bear!

10606485_699455236804060_2446511645050140341_n.jpg

Best thing I ever bought! :D

I have zero human friends in real life, especially since moving to NY. I only communicate with my boyfriend who I live with, and his family, who I live with.

I carry a stuffed animal with me wherever I go; this kind of started when I was a child. I know they're not real, but they calm me down.
This isn't socially acceptable for a 20 year old and I don't know how people are going to react when I begin college but I, of course, do not care.

Anyone else have inanimate objects or stuffed animals as "friends"?

View attachment 2050
I do, I have lots of inanimate objects that I think of as "friends". In fact I carry around a Charlotte(the Dessert Witch) plushie around with me in my purse everyday, it helps keep me calm, stops me from getting irritated over stupid things. I really couldn't care less what the other people at my college think about it, it's not like I take it out of my purse or anything anyway.

I have a stuffed bee by the name of Harold who goes virtually everywhere with me. My sister-in-law (a fellow aspie) has a stuffed dog that has a bunch of outfits hand-sewn by my mother-in-law.

I think you might get a lot of mickey-taking and fun made of you because of your animals in college.

It isn't fair that people do this but a lot of NT's are like that.

I do have a stuffed toy collection in my bedroom.

I think you might get a lot of mickey-taking and fun made of you because of your animals in college.

It isn't fair that people do this but a lot of NT's are like that.

I do have a stuffed toy collection in my bedroom.
I don't know. I care less what people think. I had a photo of a doll as my computer background at work. Though some co workers said comments, I didn't care. Some family members also said comments too. To me, I find people need to mind their own business. At my business when I own a office, there will be penguins :) . It my mascot and part of my business name :)

I don't know. I care less what people think. I had a photo of a doll as my computer background at work. Though some co workers said comments, I didn't care. Some family members also said comments too. To me, I find people need to mind their own business. At my business when I own a office, there will be penguins :) . It my mascot and part of my business name :)

Hate to say it, but Steph is right about how people think when an adult has stuffed animals. No one but you guys, my closest friends and my own Mama know that I have my large Mr. Sock Monkey. I keep wondering what would happen if there was a fire and the firemen came in to save me only to find me in bed next to Mr. Sock Monkey! :p (Off to the funny farm with me. :confused:)

And if I had a "hunny" he probably wouldn't like the competition! Waldo doesn't.

Hate to say it, but Steph is right about how people think when an adult has stuffed animals. No one but you guys, my closest friends and my own Mama know that I have my large Mr. Sock Monkey. I keep wondering what would happen if there was a fire and the firemen came in to save me only to find me in bed next to Mr. Sock Monkey! :p (Off to the funny farm with me. :confused:)

And if I had a "hunny" he probably wouldn't like the competition! Waldo doesn't.
But like I said, why does it matter what people think? I find it sad people cares what people think. People have the freedom to do what they want. Heck I saw some guy travels all the time on a motorcycle with a big stuff animal. But I don't see why people making a fuss. People need mind their own dam business!

But like I said, why does it matter what people think? I find it sad people cares what people think. People have the freedom to do what they want. Heck I saw some guy travels all the time on a motorcycle with a big stuff animal. But I don't see why people making a fuss. People need mind their own dam business!

I agree with you, but it's not like that. People judge others all the time. Stuffed animals are a little more acceptable for women, but by a certain age adults see stuffed animals for kids. Idk. Maybe it depends on the person. There are actually times when I would like to play with Matchbox cars or get some Barbie dolls again or a doll house! But in society, I know that for women Barbie dolls are for collecting and should never be removed from the box. (I used to work for JCP cat and they had collectible Barbies for women.) QVC has dolls for women too, but they are all collectibles. I, myself, have been conditioned that I am not to have toys by a certain age. I felt guilty when I bought Mr. Sock Monkey. My brother, however, is the opposite and has stuffed animals right out in the open including on the fireplace, but his wife does make fun of him. For some reason, I at some point in my life picked up that stuffed animals and toys are for kids only. Adult toys are like computer games, board games, hand held games, etc. I would actually like to get a Christmas coloring book and color like when I was young. I still remember those memories like yesterday. Instead I fill my time with crafts like knitting and crocheting which are ok. I think the other "toys" I'd like to play with because it reminds me of a simpler time when I had no worries and everything was being taken care of and I still even believed in Santa. Good memories.

New Threads

Top Bottom