• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stuffed Animals

HelloDizzy

Bed-Cookie
V.I.P Member
I have zero human friends in real life, especially since moving to NY. I only communicate with my boyfriend who I live with, and his family, who I live with.

I carry a stuffed animal with me wherever I go; this kind of started when I was a child. I know they're not real, but they calm me down.
This isn't socially acceptable for a 20 year old and I don't know how people are going to react when I begin college but I, of course, do not care.

Anyone else have inanimate objects or stuffed animals as "friends"?

View attachment 2050

Heh, I'm like this too. I have a weird stuffed animal collection going from since I was born...my dad used to buy me strange ones from Japan all the time.

When I was younger I was absolutely obsessed with them, and couldn't throw them away. I had to give all of them special places and such. It sounds a bit weird, but I probably had more empathy and attachment to them than (most) people. I'm 24, and will still sleep with one if no one else is in the bed with me. Recently, though I've been using a pillow, but more because most all of my stuff is still in the U.S.

But I also find them really comforting, actually. If I had a boyfriend who lived with me, I wouldn't sleep with one, but I don't think I'll ever grow out of those and other toys.

Hopefully I'll be with someone who doesn't mind so much. :rolleyes2:

ps: cute picture!!

I'm looking on ebay at Japanese stuffed animals right now, they're so cute.

I live with my boyfriend and I sleep with about 3 stuffed animals - one which he gave me (in the pic.) I like them better if someone gives them to me.
I doubt I'll ever grow out of it either haha

I had a stuffed bear that was holding a heart that said "Love You Forever!" that my ex-girlfriend gave to me. We had a bad break up, I got hammered drunk went to a party and threw it in the bonfire. So... no not really anymore lol

I wouldn't say I was an avid collector of stuffed animals but I do have a few that mean a lot to me. I have a stuffed rabbit called Everard and a stuffed bear called Ruggles who I like to keep nearby, although they don't share my bed because I wouldn't want to roll over and "hurt" them in my sleep or have them fall out of bed. I've had them both since I was born, so I do find a great deal of comfort in having them around.

I have a frog pillow my deceased mother gave me as a child which I sleep with every night.
And I get very upset if it falls off of the bed.

I'm really hoping my boyfriend gets me a stuffed animal for Hanukkah, although I just bought 4 =P

This is my current favorite.
mustache_labbit_plush.jpg

There's other ones around, like a pink one, blue one etc, but they seem to be a bit difficult to find now...
Guess I'll have to do the ebay thing again.

I didn't have many stuffed animals when I was younger but I do remember having a few plushies from TY and a teddy bear. Can't remember anything specific about them though.

I've just remembered that I used to have a Footix plushie from the France 1998 World Cup. I got it free with a McDonalds happy meal.

I have an Alice in Wonderland bunny purse-thing I forgot about.
The zipper isn't big enough to hold anything

Not a big fan of plush toys; however, I'll make an exception for these:

Angry-Birds-Plush-Toys.jpg

I've got the red bird keychain so far, for $8 it was expensive though.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of plush toys; however, I'll make an exception for these:

Angry-Birds-Plush-Toys.jpg

I've got the red bird keychain so far, for $8 it was expensive though.

I got the green pig for my mom, who was obsessed with that game for a while. :p

I used to have a stuffed animal around as a kid a lot. At least, in bed... I'd even talk to him. But my parents threw it away when it's head got ripped off because I used to wrestle with it pretty roughly... heads dislocate. I actually once thought about buying a Clefairy stuffed animal, just for cuteness sake. I did have a little Spiro Dragon around, I think he's on the attic somewhere.

Can't find an image of picture of the actual stuffed animal, but it was based of a tv character from a show I used to watch every day it was on (which actually gave me a head start on English in elementary, because I watched nothing but english and subtitled tv)

Anyhow, the character I'm hinting at

View attachment 2069

Because DJ Kat was boss back in the 80's.

I have this one at home from when I was little,
51rc2VOjDbL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

It makes me want to search Ebay for the other ninja turtles, heh.

All right then, seeing that turtle has somewhat drawn me out of my shell ; ]
I have always loved stuffed monkeys since I was a child, but I dont generally tend to go on about it because I was always led to belive that collecting stuffed toys was what girls did.
However, when I go out I look in the charity stores for any abandoned monkey simply because I prefer the ones that have a history, a life of their own. I can only guess at who had them before me, where they were taken and what events took place around them.

Occasionally I may purchase one of a group thats come straight from the factory, usually if I think they will be really popular and I might miss out, but to me they're not as special because I feel strangely like I am rescuing the ones that are by themselves.
They're there, nestled among god knows what other stuffed toys and here's me, come along to rescue them, take them home where they can be one of many similar stuffed monkeys and love them like they experienced before their child grew up or their former owners relationship ended. I think I just realised a metaphor?

Cute pics dizzy. Is it socially acceptable? I don't know, people will probably just think it's cute. As for me doing it, like gomendozsi I was led to believe as a child that stuffed toys were for girls. If I was carrying one around with me as a kid it would have made me feel like I looked gay. I don't have any stuffed animals.

New Threads

Top Bottom