• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Star Trek Fans

It must be pretty cool for them to know they are part of something so important to so many people.
Yes, I hope so. I try to keep perspective that first and foremost they are consummate actors. In a heartless industry prone to typecasting many of them into professional obscurity. They have paid a price to be part of this incredible franchise. And that we appreciate such an occupational sacrifice.

Autographs would be cool, but you couldn't drag me into something as crowded and chaotic as a fan convention.
As a teen, I was able to suppress my touch aversion long enough to be photographed shaking hands with astronaut Jim Erwin after returning from the moon (him, not me).

But wading into a convention crowd -
tenor.gif

Conventions are a lot to handle. There's no denying that. Going on the slower days and getting in line early makes a big difference, but I don't blame anyone for not wanting to deal with all of that. Oh, the things I do for Star Trek.

Speaking of which, I haven't actually watched any Trek since season 3 of Picard finished. I need to rectify that, but that also means re-joining Paramount+. I would have to break my rule of only paying for one streaming service at a time.

New Threads

Top Bottom