• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Star Trek Fans

Big fan of Star Trek TOS. :)

And to a lesser extent, Discovery, STNG, Enterprise, Voyager and DS9 in that order.

Big Trekkie fan.
I love all of the series and movies.
Spock was like my idol. DS9 I liked the least.

If Barkley does. When Q gave Riker the power of the Q, if Barkley had been there and desired not to have aspergers and Riker granted his wish, would that be a thing aspies on this forum would approve of, not having aspergers?

If Barkley does. When Q gave Riker the power of the Q, if Barkley had been there and desired not to have aspergers and Riker granted his wish, would that be a thing aspies on this forum would approve of, not having aspergers?

I know there are other threads in this forum where posters have pondered such a hypothetical question. Whether or not one could eliminate their autism if it were medically possible. Where the consensus seemed to reflect that some would approve and many would not. Though IMO there's not much point in attempting to ponder such a thing within the realm of STNG for two reasons:

1) First and foremost screenwriters would not likely go there in the first place. That despite all of Barkely's traits and behaviors, at no time did the writers ever attempt to neurologically explain this character.

2) STNG aired in an era when Aspergers Syndrome was just beginning to take root within the professional psychiatric community in the US. A time when few people understood AS with any degree of competence.

Even today, while Hollywood has made some strides when it comes to autistic characters, they still continue to be very selective and at times deliberately ambiguous about even admitting a character is or may be on the spectrum. Some producers and writers like Bill Prady and Chuck Lorre (Big Bang Theory) seemed to almost make a game of it whenever the media asked them about their character Sheldon Cooper.

Last edited:
Any other Star Trek fans out their? I like TNG and Voyager, not really got into the original series or DSN.

YES

All of it.
EFUt32qWkAAzz8c.jpg

I liked everything from TNG to ENT. My favorite would be Voyager despite the many issues it has.
Lost most of my interest in anything Star Trek related after CBS sent a cease and desist order to Messy Desk Interactive (Former Stage 9).

just the 1966 -73?never bought anything associated with Star Trek ,I love the idea of having a small piece of the set,I like stories ,Id like a 3d graphic novel

I love TNG and DS9 though probably Voyager is my favourite. I enjoyed TOS but I haveen't seen any of the recent ones. Don't really have access to watching them.

TNG was pretty much what I grew up watching. The scene in "Schisms" where they recreate the table in the holodeck (along with the clicking sounds and the worry of being taken during sleep) gave me nightmares as a kid.

I have a Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra "concert" t-shirt with Picard playing guitar. One of my favourite shirts for sure.

8 Star Trek Recipes You Can Replicate At Home
A fun idea, even if the results don't look exactly like the originals.

Food Replicator
5 pages of recipes, some more *authentic* than others.

Sample:

Parasite bread
"Continuing on from last week’s mealworm pasta, what better way to ensure all your guests are properly fed than by serving them some parasite breads?! I figure this is a nicer way to ingest your parasite than needing to swallow it whole and have it attach to your brainstem (TNG: Conspiracy).

As with the mealworms, this recipe only makes a small amount of parasite breads but can easily be doubled or tripled if your conspiracy meeting is a large one. And if you don’t have the time to lovingly craft individual parasites for each of your guests, this recipe also makes terrific dinner rolls or even a small loaf of bread.

tumblr_inline_p7gmypPDze1rs0sag_250.jpg

Replicate your own
(Makes 4 individual parasite breads - recipe is easily doubled or tripled if needed)

You will need to start about 2 hours before you want to serve these. "

Recipe follows, on page 3 of this site.

New Threads

Top Bottom