• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Space Opera Struggling At Comedy ?

Judge

V.I.P Member
That said, anyone see the first episode of Fox's "The Orville" the other night?

Seemed just a bit too much of a knock-off of Star Trek, forgetting that it was supposed to be a comedy. o_O

I'm guessing if this show eventually runs opposite an established tv hit, it's probably DOA in the ratings department. Who knows? Maybe it will improve. We shall see.

Last edited:
The production values were impressive, as was the degree to which they successfully aped the style of Star Trek: the Next Generation. The jokes weren't very funny though. It mostly relied on the irony of people acting like unprofessional jerks in what is usually depicted as a highly formal and prestigious environment. I did laugh at the Arbor Day joke though.

I hadn't even heard of this until I saw a post on facebook yesterday from someone I know who'd watched the first episode. I'll probably give it a go but I'm not expecting great things. I like Family Guy and the like, but his film 'A Million Ways to Die in the West' was...ehh.

New Threads

Top Bottom