• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Souls and Spirits

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Even though I am not religious, I still believe in souls, spirits, ghosts, etc.

For the spirits/ghosts thing, I get different vibes when I am in an area/room. For example, a certain spot in the woods of a house belong to one of my parent's church friends gave me the chills, while another I was perfectly fine with. Sometimes walking in a room makes me feel a bit happier for some mysterious reason. So not only can I somehow detect unseen supernatural being, I can tell if said being is benevolent on malevolent depending on vibe. If I do not feel any different, that could either mean a supernatural being is either not their, or is just neutral-aligned.

I also have seen some (minor) supernatural occurrences within my own home. For example, nobody was in my room, but for some reason, my record player was playing the CD I had in it, but at a much lower volume than I normally had it on (the knob was at a higher position than I normally play it). I had to be in my room before I heard Metallica playing for some mysterious reason. Also, sometimes, things I am pretty sure I placed on a table, desk, or other surface, and wouldn't fall down, have fallen down before. Also, one time, my lights suddenly turned off when I was trying to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in my room. No, no lightbulbs went out. The light switch clicked into the off position, which was weird. Thinking about the supernatural occurrences that have happened to me, I think all these supernatural beings are trolling me, lol.

For the souls thing, it is more on how brains work. You know that our brains control all of our bodily functions via sending electronic signals. Like, your brain lets us breathe and beat our hearts automatically. However, how do our brains decide to do voluntary movements, like taking a walk or turning on a TV? I think this is a soul, because science simply can't explain what is telling our brain to do said voluntary movements.

Also, since I was small, the occult has at least somewhat intrigued me, and non-pagan cultures and religions have always been kind of boring to me. That might not necessarily apply here, but I think it might help a little bit.

Also, since I was small, the occult has at least somewhat intrigued me, and non-pagan cultures and religions have always been kind of boring to me. That might not necessarily apply here, but I think it might help a little bit.

Interested in a Catholic ghost story? I assure you it's not boring:

You just might be what some of us refer to as a "sensitive".

If you type "ghosts" into this forum's search function you might be surprised by what you see.

Can you explain further please?

Sensitives? Those of us that for whatever reason seem to be closer to sensing paranormal activity, let alone being an eye witness to it. Though not per se on the level of a psychic.

Nothing like having psychics present you know personally and trust when you are getting a feel for your own sense of the paranormal and they are there in real time to confirm your own suspicions or observations.

Better yet, type "paranormal" into the forum's search engine and add the member name "Judge".

Last edited:
I've made my positions on organized religion abundantly clear in past posts. I don't care to regurgitate them here, as they most likely would read like a 7th grader's LiveJournal entry after hearing Deicide's album Legion for the first time.

However, I would like to think there is some kind of afterlife, that we are not tied to this body and Earth, and some kind of higher power / universal life force does indeed exist. Therefore, I do consider myself a bit spiritual, but to a limited, dubious extent.

I often tell my partner that God must have spent a little more time and effort in creating him, and that after both of us die, we are destined to be reunited for eternity. Sometimes I describe a scenario where we grow old together and pass away within hours of each other. He always gets choked up and sometimes full-on sobs whenever I talk to him like this. I use such grandiose language to express the sheer gravity of the love I feel for my honeybear. Hey, when you've been sent an angel like him at a time when you were just about to end it all, it's hard not to feel all mushy and spiritual.

As for hauntings, admittedly it's something completely outta my wheelhouse. It's always fun to research them, along with other topics like cryptids, conspiracies, aliens, unethical experiments, lost civilizations, etc. But I'm not so deeply invested that I can see myself rounding up a few of my more superstitious buddies for a ghost hunting trip... not yet, anyway.

I also am interested in learning more about occultism and all its various forms, given my "edgelord" passions and obsessions. This would be more from the angle of appreciating its aesthetics and hopefully gaining some kind of applicable wisdom from it, not entertaining it as my sole belief system and "theory of everything".

The possibility of Gods / spirits / souls is something I enjoy thinking about, but it doesn't occupy most of my waking moments. For now, my primary concerns are balancing out my karma and my other affairs here in the carnal realm.

New Threads

Top Bottom