• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Smokers

I miss smoking. I don't care about dying early but the fact that i have to undergo painful treatments if i get cancer or so really scares me.

Tobacco advertising was banned in the UK including tobacco companies being unable to sponsor snooker tournaments, but then gambling/betting companies have started to sponsor them, some people have sadly developed smoking and gambling addictions, so I was happy to see in a current snooker tournament a used car company being the sponsor, I don't think gambling companies should advertise or sponsor like tobacco companies used to be able to.

I was smoking a tobacco pipe every week for awhile there, but at present am down to about once a month to never. It is a delightful taste & smell but not something I feel like I need.

As an autistic guy smoking is very relaxing--it has a ritual, it has sensory things with it, it is a great excuse to sit under a tree in the park and watch the squirrels.

I don't smoke, my parents did, their generations it was more accepted and they didn't have the knowledge they have now about dangers of smoking, in the UK they eventually banned tobacco advertising, but what about previous generations? Some tobacco companies used to entice smokers to buy more cigarettes by having a shopping catalogue where smokers could exchange their coupons found in their cigarette packets, with items from the catalogue
I started smoking at 28, I am very impulsive. There was an outgoing work colleague who ended because of her personality, she smoked.
When I was on a night out with work I smokes on that night out, and a few days later I found myself going down to the shop for a packet of cigarettes. I no longer smoke but I’m addicted to nicotine replacement.
Smoking destroys the whole body. Smoking is antisocial. I really don’t know why I did this. Actually I do I wanted to look cool I wanted to be extra versed like this girl I ended who smoked. What a bad decision.

I've never smoked and I will never choose to. I already have several underlining health conditions that are bad enough including chronic chest pain. I also can't smell at all (haven't been able to for months, much to the confusion of my family). However, I don't judge people who do smoke as with any addiction if you're already addicted to something it can be awfully hard to stop and those who smoke now tend to know most of the risks already.

Some of my parents friends' still smoke cigars for fun and not relaxation. Otherwise I don't know anyone who does.

I've never smoked and I will never choose to. I already have several underlining health conditions that are bad
enough including chronic chest pain. I also can't smell at all (haven't been able to for months, much to the
confusion of my family). However, I
don't judge people who do smoke as
with any addiction if you're already
addicted to something it can be
awfully hard to stop and those who
smoke now tend to know most of the risks already.

Some of my parents friends' still
smoke cigars for fun and not relaxation. Otherwise I don't know anyone who does.

Sorry to hear you have several underlining health conditions

when I graduated from college, I GOT A job interview from a tobbaco company for a lab tech luck I did not get an offer, probably would have turned it down.

Last edited:
nope i never smoke and i wont never try it (not even for 100000000000 million free starbucks ice coffees joke) but my dad snoked he died from lung cancer and my mom don't not smoke

New Threads

Top Bottom