• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Small Things That Cheer You Up?

Didn't want to asnwers this sooner, because then my answer would have been a simple "dogs and nature". So I waited until something special came up, and today it did:
My mom gifted me a pair of socks with little paw prints on it. Nothing special and definitely not made from alapca or angora, or even cottton, but I'm happy enough with them.

I’m trying to make an army of cats to join my legion. Or have them drive a chariot…

Mine likes the ones with the mouse. Not big on birds. Doesn’t like squirrels. Is occasionally interested in fish. It is very funny watching him be entertained by the video.=)
That actually sounds pretty awesome! :smilecat:

My cat is the opposite! He didn't much like the mice but he loves the birds. He was really fascinated by one that had red plumage! It was quite a lot different to the ones we get here in the UK. He saw it swoop in and looked at me as if to say "what the hell is that?!" :smilecat:

He does seem genuinely entertained by it. He will occasionally turn and give me Kittie smiles when he's watching every now and then! :)

1669426226832.jpeg

Looking at interesting advertisements from the past. (^ An advertisement from a 1967 edition of Time magazine.)

It's 3ft tall and called my grandson.

After a rough week at work there's nothing quite like disappearing into his 3yr old simplified construct of the world with him.

This has a cheery effect on me.

Realizing how insignificant my life is and that I am in the grand scheme of the universe. Also, realizing that I will die and be completely forgotten. It sounds dreary to some, but it's grounding for me to remember that although I strive to do the best I can in this life, my shortcomings will too be washed away like it was all a dream.

I'll be cleaning house of all old kids toys and books and sending it to charity.
Finally I found something that I actually want to do and get off the bed...

^ One thing that really cheers me up is ideas like this. I will be thinking of both cat armies and cat driven chariots tonight.
I am imagining cats with something similar to my cat's harness I bought him. He simply hates pet carriers and I've been worried that in an emergency I won't be able to make sure he doesn't run off. I figured it was easier to get him into a harness. So far he seems less bothered by it but he does look super cute in it. He's getting used to it but it does affect his balance a bit. It kinda reminds me of the backpack the cat in the Stray video game has! :)

I really did think about cat chariots, and I found Freyja when I woke up.

View attachment 89628

Little bits of knowledge from others really does cheer me up, and I do love the internet for information sharing.
This is amazing! Those are some pretty huge cats! :)

Last time I went to a zoo and saw a lion, I tried doing a slow blink "cat smile" with a lion that had settled near the glass and it seemed to be responding. Of course perhaps he was just being nice to his "lunch" but I like to think we communicated a little! :smilecat:

Small things? My daughter isn't exactly tiny anymore. I think she's slightly taller or shorter than me, I'm not sure. Anyway, having her home for Thanksgiving really cheers me up!

Buying fabric for some reason cheers me up. Despite having materials for current projects, I decide that it is a good idea to order more fabric for another project that I have yet to make. So adding more projects. But it does make me happy.=D
Children Nostalgia GIF

New Threads

Top Bottom