• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Small Talk (How much does it bother you?)

how is this even a thing? I always figured people get tattoos more or less as conversation pieces, they're like the one thing that nobody can ever take away from you, even if you go to jail they can't make you remove it. Unlike piercings, clothing, hair color/cut, or anything else you can possibly have on you.

They're of course very personal, but private? If you want it to be private private get it in a discreet area? In my experience people love to talk about their tattoo's and ask you if you have any... ugh they're too expensive, I have many in mind I want but I need a few hundred dollars for a couple I want and I'm sure over a grand for the sleeve I want to start. I know people with really nice, fully done sleeves spend up to and over like 10 grand on them. Where are these private tattoos they don't want to talk about? Were you looking down a girls shirt? J/K but seriously that seems weird. o_O'

pax is right, in my country not many get tattoos so I was surprised too, but I heard Lana del Rey say in one of her songs "Tattoos, Don't know what they mean, they're special, just for you," implying she wont ask what they are even though she's his gf, because they are private.

O lordy. I'm just reminded how far down the spectrum I am. OP, I got nuthin for ya.:(

I find it really difficult to feign interest in people I have zero in common with, especially if they are hostile towards me. I have no interest in watching or discussing the latest episode of the bachelor. If I really like their clothing/ tatt/jewellery I will compliment them on it. But I can't lie. If I hate it I won't mention it. I've also heard some people say they are really offended if someone comments on their tatt, because although they have it inked into their skin and put it on display, it's somehow "private", like WTF???:confused:

I have no trouble talking about hobbies, travel, and strangely, weather conditions can be a good source of conversation if you are hanging with outdoor sports people.

This is what bugs me so much about NT social interaction. It's a lie. It's fake. No one says what they mean, then they get upset because you didn't realise they meant something else. So much of NT conversations are based on ulterior motives.

I relate with this one hundred percent.

It gets more and more difficult as I spend more time with them. We don't have anything in common other than work, we all have to follow a strict uniform policy so we all look like clones and there's only so many times you can mention the weather.

I've begun to distance myself from the others during breaks, I'll either go to the quiet study room or go for a walk. I don't like distancing myself but feel that it's better than sitting with them and feeling awkward.

New Threads

Top Bottom