• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Share your dream living

OnyxM

I would LOVE to live in the mountain. I'd like to have a small piece of land, just enough to grow my own flour, veggies and fruit trees (not many), and a small house like a tiny village cottage.

Waking up in the early morning, tending to my garden, walking around the village, near the forest or waterfall or river, playing with animals, then going back and enjoying my coffee.

I love mountains and villages, the whole scenery is ideal to me. The quiet environment away from loud noises, car horns, crowds, city lights,etc.. Plus the climate on mountains is fantastic for me. I love cold winds and clear fresh air.

What's your dream living?

My dream living is almost the same as yours. I also love the fresh air, the quiet environment and the mountain. I would just add that for my dream living, I need an enormous library in my house (it could be the biggest room in the house, I don't mind) because I am obsessed with reading. And a fireplace for those long winter nights, where I could just sit in front of the fire, listening to the crackling of the wood and reading my favorite book. Funny, but I would also love to have a lot of dogs to take care of. I love dogs, and they keep the best company.

I love the mountains, too, and spent most of my childhood aspiring to be a mountain hermit. These days, running trails on the mountains is enough for me. Though I also prefer compact, well-designed spaces, like a tiny house. I have two kids, so there'd have to be room. And a cat.

The quiet of the mountains, the crisp air, the views from up high, all of those are ideal for me. Not sure I'd homestead since I do love old brick buildings and quaint town squares, too. On the other hand, homesteading is definitely something I've thought about. Since I'd be working remotely, I'd have to have some great wifi.

I used to say that my next house would be an earthship. Perhaps it still will be.

living in a jungle themed apartment with giant stuffed animals used as sex toys :bearface::bearface::bearface::tiger::tiger::tiger::tigerface::tigerface::tigerface: with affordable rent & wifi that have multiple rooms where I walk around half-naked & a woman who knows me comes over for sex.I apologize if the sex toys walk around half-naked part creeped anyone out.

Last edited:
My dream is similar! I would love to have my own land near a forest, and a small creek, within a reasonable driving distance to a small town. I would live in a small home with a beautiful garden. I would have a few cats and some chickens. I would write, cook, work in the garden, dance, and play with my animal friends all day.

I would LOVE to live in the mountain. I'd like to have a small piece of land, just enough to grow my own flour, veggies and fruit trees (not many), and a small house like a tiny village cottage.

Waking up in the early morning, tending to my garden, walking around the village, near the forest or waterfall or river, playing with animals, then going back and enjoying my coffee.

I love mountains and villages, the whole scenery is ideal to me. The quiet environment away from loud noises, car horns, crowds, city lights,etc.. Plus the climate on mountains is fantastic for me. I love cold winds and clear fresh air.

What's your dream living?

mine is to live in an apartment with wifi,multiple rooms & affordable rent,along with a jungle/video game themed with giant stuffed animals used as sex toys :bearface::tiger::tigerface: where I can walk around half-naked.

Last edited:
My dream is similar! I would love to have my own land near a forest, and a small creek, within a reasonable driving distance to a small town. I would live in a small home with a beautiful garden. I would have a few cats and some chickens. I would write, cook, work in the garden, dance, and play with my animal friends all day.

This is my dream as well. I have achieved about half of it: The land near a forest, a creek, a large garden area and reasonable driving distance to a small town and I've had some chickens. However my dream is to be able to work it out financially where I can do all the things you describe (except the dancing and cats. I have nothing against either, they're just not my thing). That's the hard part: being able to actually live my dream full time without having to work at a job that I don't want to do.

I would add grassy hills. Just beyond the forest. With one tree growing among the grass. Wind sweeping threw it in a beautiful day full of puffy clouds. And so friendly wolves of course.:p

I'll live in a meadow with long, soft grass and tall wildflowers, where dogs, deer, cats, peacocks, llamas, and wild birds all run free and harmoniously. My entire property has a tall fence around it, so no one can enter my property or even see my property without my consent. I have electronic blocking so drones can't fly over my property. I have three neighboring houses who all mind their own business, but are friendly and kind in case of an emergency. There is a gentle stream on my property and tons of non-deciduous trees. My house is small and fireproofed with stone on the outside, but inside it's all hard wood, with tall ceilings throughout most of the house, and a low ceiling in the bedroom. It has a working fireplace and lots of tall windows. I have a cozy living room with floor-to-ceiling bookcases and thick rugs. I have lots of cabinets in the kitchen that are low enough to be easily reached. I live twenty minutes outside a town that has a good college, lots of different cultural influences, a thriving art scene, and little traffic. The temperature is 60 degrees year round, the sky is overcast 80 percent of the time, and it rains 35 percent of the time. The nearby town has no billboards, no gambling establishments, no strip clubs, and no liquor stores, and there is a large, beautiful housing complex with plenty of room for all homeless people. The town also has a thriving autistic community, and the town has passed ordinances to protect autistic rights.

Last edited:
I'll live in a meadow with long, soft grass and tall wildflowers, where dogs, deer, cats, peacocks, llamas, and wild birds all run free and harmoniously. My entire property has a tall fence around it, so no one can enter my property or even see my property without my consent. I have electronic blocking so drones can't fly over my property. I have three neighboring houses who all mind their own business, but are friendly and kind in case of an emergency. There is a gentle stream on my property and tons of non-deciduous trees. My house is small and fireproofed with stone on the outside, but inside it's all hard wood, with tall ceilings throughout most of the house, and a low ceiling in the bedroom. It has a working fireplace and lots of tall windows. I have a cozy living room with floor-to-ceiling bookcases and thick rugs. I have lots of cabinets in the kitchen that are low enough to be easily reached. I live twenty minutes outside a town that has a good college, lots of different cultural influences, a thriving art scene, and little traffic. The temperature is 60 degrees year round, the sky is overcast 80 percent of the time, and it rains 35 percent of the time. The nearby town has no billboards, no gambling establishments, no strip clubs, and no liquor stores, and there is a large, beautiful housing complex with plenty of room for all homeless people. The town also has a thriving autistic community, and the town has passed ordinances to protect autistic rights.

You forgot to give us directions to this place. My wife is packing our bags as I am typing this.

I would add grassy hills. Just beyond the forest. With one tree growing among the grass. Wind sweeping threw it in a beautiful day full of puffy clouds. And so friendly wolves of course.:p

This sounds pretty awesome xD

I have actually thought of so many of what you mentioned! Awesome dream :D

I'd love to live in a remote place like Alaska or northern Maine. I spent 10 months living in a tent on a mountain once and it was a great healing experience. I had no electricity, no running water, no internet and only two dogs as company. I think a lot of us gravitate towards living in and with nature.

A small house in the woods that is made to look like a log cabin.
Wood and rock walls and ceiling inside.

An attached screened room across the back where I could raise orchids and other tropical plants.
I would have frogs, geckos, a red iguana and giant preying mantis all running free in my tropical
paradise. A hot tub for me.
A white python in the house that would sit with me. Jungle room and rustic settings.
A warm climate. By a small lake and creek.
Oh, and I wouldn't run around half naked all the time, I'd be the full monty all the time, unless
it was chilly.

Not too far from a small town.
Enough money to live the life without financial worries.

I want to live in the city where everything is within walking distance with multiple close partners who will cuddle with me and sleep together and pet me and call me good girl or "miss" if I'm in a more dominant mood and tell me I'm very beautiful and they love me. And I will have great tits.

I'd love to live in a remote place like Alaska or northern Maine. I spent 10 months living in a tent on a mountain once and it was a great healing experience. I had no electricity, no running water, no internet and only two dogs as company. I think a lot of us gravitate towards living in and with nature.

That sounds like an awesome experience. I myself have decided to quit internet as soon as (and if) I get a place of my own. I don't wanna be 'tied down' by that or the extra bills. I also like alternative or older solutions for electricity plus the average village/mountain life DOES support the whole thing of not relying on electricity so it wouldn't be hard to adapt to that. And Alaska is one of those places I was always awe'd by. If that word made sense? Not sure lol.

My dream living is pretty close to yours. I would love to be off grid with a huge garden, orchard, animals for meat and milk and eggs and such. I would want my own business that would only involve me leaving for town maybe once a week or once every two weeks. Not having to deal with too many people and just feel the breeze and watch the leaves come out in spring and then color out and fall off in the fall. Live in a peaceful environment with little stressers. I want a tiny cabin with a wood stove for heating and cooking. Be in the mountains in a cleared area with trees all around. Maybe a waterfall or two nearby as well. A river for fishing. That's what I really want.

My ideal living would be doing something to do with books and maybe some job finance related on the side so I could have a reliable enough income. I'd also like to get a pet for comfort eventually since I've always wanted one. I don't see myself having a partner until a long time in the future, but if I could live in an apartment that's affordable that'll be good, otherwise I'll just probably live by myself. I'll also need plenty of space for my books to be stored so I'll need to have at least two bookshelves with room for my journals and some art supplies. I will need to have a comfy enough bed due to having back pain otherwise I won't be able to sleep.

I would like to live with other neurodivergents if possible because they tend to understand me more than neurotypicals or at least have other neurodivergents nearby. It would be a bonus if they kin too or are also nerds.

Have a place far from the city where I can live in quiet solitude, or possibly with a partner that wants the same. The place itself doesn't need to be big, but it needs to have a big library with thousands of books (it's about what I already have anyway).
It should be surrounded by a natural space, ideally with a forest nearby to go there to read and write. My job would be writing, both academic matters and fiction.

Technology shouldn't be much of a problem. Most of it only distracts me, but unfortunately I need it because everyone else is using it.

New Threads

Top Bottom