• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

see colors with days of the week and months

Heidi M.

hoping to connect with 50+ yr olds
Has anyone else unknowingly assigned colors to each day of the week or months of the year? Monday is a sort of dark red, Tues is cobalt blue, Wed is mustard yellow...

Also when going into shops do the colors almost seem 'loud'? like too many colors feels like too much noise?

I'm an artist, i love color, the texture, the feelings i get from them, so many varieties, shades and each brings a different feeling with it

Nope. About the only color I know of assigned to a particular day was done by Foreigner and New Order. I wonder if they are copyrighted? :confused: - "Blue Monday". :oops:

That aside, I have always had a preference for the color teal. It just "sings" and stands out for me for whatever reason all seven days of the week. :cool:

Nope. About the only color I know of assigned to a particular day was done by Foreigner and New Order. I wonder if they are copyrighted? :confused: - "Blue Monday". :oops:

That aside, I have always had a preference for the color teal. It just "sings" and stands out for me for whatever reason all seven days of the week. :cool:

Me too. L love teal and the family of colors near teal.

I smell things. It's weird. So when l guy l know puts something in my favorite area, higher not lower, l am in heaven. That must be my love language. I guess its smell, color , and visual.

Last edited:
Yes, it's sort of an automatic, subconscious thing, where different days and months have different colors. Also, like you said, different noise levels and fragrances as well.

Ahhh yes synthesia for me Monday is dark blue, Tuesday yellow, Wednesday red, Thursday eggplant purple, Friday gold, Saturday coral, Sunday mint green.

I feel like I did something similar to this when I was younger but not with days or months, but other things.

I wonder if this is also related to the school subject color associations? Probably not, but I remember it went something like this: Math folders were red, Science was green, History/Social Studies was blue, English was Yellow, Orange and Purple were usually the extras like Art or Music etc.

OMG @PastelPetals , it is so good to see you post here. How are you?? I missed you so much! How is school?
Hello! I have been on and off here (mostly off) but I have been around glad to run into you! School is ok I will be here till next May and things are good for the most part many people moving in and out and the school year ends some days are worse than others but I have friends and an internship and things are pretty good considering the general chaos of 15 or so autistic young adults trying to figure out how to be in the world. Hope you are well!!

I feel like I did something similar to this when I was younger but not with days or months, but other things.

I wonder if this is also related to the school subject color associations? Probably not, but I remember it went something like this: Math folders were red, Science was green, History/Social Studies was blue, English was Yellow, Orange and Purple were usually the extras like Art or Music etc.
it's so interesting to see the differences for me blue is english, math is red, green is science, yellow is foreign language,purple is art, orange is drama or history (though I have used purple for history before)

Hello! I have been on and off here (mostly off) but I have been around glad to run into you! School is ok I will be here till next May and things are good for the most part many people moving in and out and the school year ends some days are worse than others but I have friends and an internship and things are pretty good considering the general chaos of 15 or so autistic young adults trying to figure out how to be in the world. Hope you are well!!

Seconding the welcomes from Yeshuasdaughter. I & a few others have been mighty worried about you-- hey @crewlucaa_, look who's back!

Seconding the welcomes from Yeshuasdaughter. I & a few others have been mighty worried about you-- hey @crewlucaa_, look who's back!
oh goodness I hope not to worry anybody! If anybody wants to get in contact with me or wants to ask questions about me,my whereabouts, or my program just PM me here as I check the site everyday I have just been too busy to reply mostly as my replies are often 5-7 paragraphs and take some time to compose. I am glad I have made a positive impression on the forum as you all have been a wonderful part of the internet for me.

It's not easy to describe what other people don't experience.

Like what color somebody's voice is, depending on the emotional
current or state of health. I sometimes say "hear-see" if the person
I'm talking to has known me a long time. There are two people who
aren't on this forum I can mention that to.

Neither of them have a similar experience, but are willing to
believe that I do. One has said to be sure to tell her if I hear-see
a color to her voice, because the insight would be valuable to her.

It's not easy to describe what other people don't experience.

Like what color somebody's voice is, depending on the emotional
current or state of health. I sometimes say "hear-see" if the person
I'm talking to has known me a long time. There are two people who
aren't on this forum I can mention that to.

Neither of them have a similar experience, but are willing to
believe that I do. One has said to be sure to tell her if I hear-see
a color to her voice, because the insight would be valuable to her.

Oh this is true. I gave up a long time ago on telling people that when they speak, I can see the words they say, and with the punctuation and everything else included. Perhaps this is why I love the typewriter--it is a sort of iron brain, that can turn thought impulses that it reads with its keyboard into a running string of printed words and ideas just like thinking itself. I have been working pretty hard on some personal-interest academic projects that had me dusting off an old typewriter I had sitting around, and when everyone is leaving me alone and I can rattle away at that for hours it is as natural as thinking.

Yes, I have Monday dark green, Tuesday straw yellow, Wednesday orange, Thursday bluey gray, Friday sunshine yellow, Saturday red, Sunday dark brown.

I also have this in relation to others feelings sometimes where I may get a kind of download of their feelings. It's not quite the same as emotional empathy in NTs I would say, from my observation of that in counselling supervision of others, and on trainings I have had or taught, more like a kind of synaesthesia. But actually it works similarly, and is useful. I do have to be careful not to tear up at times, though. Awareness is helpful, as with any issue of boundaries.

Colors can be jarring. I also hate busy in your face patterns. Reminds of small bathrooms with hideous huge wallpaper patterns that was so in vogue in upscale homes in the past. I am affected by colors and material textures. I don't like material with too much texture, it's to busy. I wish l saw colors on the days. I think l would assign smells to my days. Monday would be crisp, lemony. Tuesday would be lime green. Wednesday would be a pine tree green day. Thursday is beachy linen day. Friday is Sriracha red day. Sat is gray, salty. Sunday is a cinnamon day, in fact a Cinnabon day with a tab of expresso smell. Thank you for this post. I enjoyed reading descriptions of colors, and seeing voices by @tree. All interesting concepts.

Last edited:
It's so comforting to hear others have similar experiences with colors. Thanks for replying i learned a lot.
I love sea-green with pastel purple (sort of violet) together.
When i finally got to live on my own i painted my cupboards with these colors (stenciled) it made me so happy.

Yes. All letters, words, and numbers have specific colours and I judge them for it. Monday is dark dusty blue and therefore my favourite.

New Threads

Top Bottom