• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random ideas, thoughts, post them here.

Melitta Bentz:

The Melitta company was founded in 1908. Melitta Bentz grew tired of the bitterness and the grounds in her coffee. She made holes in a brass pot and used blotting paper to create the world's first coffee filter.

Sometimes I've wondered about producing paper cupcake holders with printed lines on the insides to note how much batter to fill them in, rather than rely on a nebulous sense of level tablespoon amounts.

Though I suppose to most bakers it wouldn't matter, given variables in time in the oven and the temperature, apart from altitude considerations. Oh well....

c48acc25892ea652d331340279ca9a3b.jpg

This was kinda funny but also made me wonder. I've always been a night owl, had insomnia for a long while and just a terrible time getting to sleep. It's since gotten better but I still have an awful time trying to get up in the morning. So, I would love this to be true. Although, I guess a person's body clock wouldn't change just because they're living in a different location. Any thoughts?
c48acc25892ea652d331340279ca9a3b.jpg

This was kinda funny but also made me wonder. I've always been a night owl, had insomnia for a long while and just a terrible time getting to sleep. It's since gotten better but I still have an awful time trying to get up in the morning. So, I would love this to be true. Although, I guess a person's body clock wouldn't change just because they're living in a different location. Any thoughts?
The more stressed you are the more you will become nocturnal in daylight you can be seen by a predator in the darkness you are safe to your panicked mind! so being an insomniac is sensible if you understand that theory The problem is panic cannot see or hear or feel anything apart from fear and if it controls your mind your life will be in danger

i've always hoped there would be a cake case fill up to this line !line! needless to say I am not a natural baker I have a packet mix of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookies I wonder what the result will be ! sadly Betty Crocker does not exist I am still disappointed by that .

i've always hoped there would be a cake case fill up to this line !line! needless to say I am not a natural baker I have a packet mix of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookies I wonder what the result will be ! sadly Betty Crocker does not exist I am still disappointed by that .

Oddly enough with cookie dough I am much better attuned to doling out the proper amount of dough per cookie onto a cookie tray. But spooning out liquified cake batter is another matter. Not to mention how messy it can be if you spill any where it doesn't belong when it comes to cupcakes.

But spooning out liquified cake batter is another matter. Not to mention how messy it can be if you spill any where it doesn't belong when it comes to cupcakes.

It is messy to fill them. Standard cupcake liners require 1/4 cup of batter, using either an ice cream scoop or a 1/4 cup measure and a rubber spatula. I've used a measuring cup with a spout if the batter is liquid enough.

In Canada there is (or certainly used to be) a law restricting the number of people able to enter a building to attend an event such as a concert. So if a band is popular, you have a situation where people are queuing up to get in, but in order to get in, they must wait for someone to come out, so as not to exceed that number.

In Canada there is (or certainly used to be) a law restricting the number of people able to enter a building to attend an event such as a concert. So if a band is popular, you have a situation where people are queuing up to get in, but in order to get in, they must wait for someone to come out, so as not to exceed that number.

I think that is a law in the US too. In Idaho, where I live, it is a law, but it is a state law. So it could vary state to state, but I think that there is some kind of maximum occupancy law in every state. Here, it is set and enforced by the state fire marshal.

I dreamt last night that i checked on my internet banking and it said I had nothing at all. So i woke up this morning in a panic, checked and it was just a dream. A very very real feeling dream. That was weird and random.

I also dreamt once that i was putting on a pair of tights. And if that wasn't a random thing to dream, i don't know what is!! It was also very very borrrrring!

2018-03-07-the-devens-literacy-test.jpg

The Devens Literacy Test
This test was administered to recruits at Fort Devens, Mass., during World War I. The idea is to measure reading comprehension,

Below 6: Illiterate
6 to 20: Primary
21 to 25: Grammar
26 to 30: Junior high school
31 to 35: Senior high school
36 to 42: College

The Devens Literacy Test - Futility Closet

Reminds me of the way I generally mis-remember that book title.
Where song clothes mist and dreams run free...
or some variation similar.

The actual title being:
Where mist clothes dream and song runs naked

So I heard an old-timey phrase today that I've heard before: Soda Jerk, as in the guy who used to serve you soda.

That got me thinking: What if there were a restaurant/bar that exclusively served every flavor of soda imaginable, but the kicker is that the employees (at least the "Soda Jerks") would serve you soda, but they'd be complete jerks about it. Like instead of friendly customer service, the "Soda Jerks" would go out of their way to be total jerks to you while serving you.

Maybe it would play with the hipster crowd, maybe not, but it's mostly for the pun anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom