• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random ideas, thoughts, post them here.

Mia

V.I.P Member
Random thought for today:

While watching a horse jumping championship, had the idea that animals with jobs should be given part of the income that would have been earned in their lifetimes toward their retirements. Sled dogs, greyhounds, service dogs, drug dogs, horses that earn their owners money, whether through stud fees or jumping or racing.
Elephants in India that take tourists out, monkeys and birds and rabbits used in scientific experimentation, animals in general should not be used over and over and then put down when they are old. They earned their keep, and someone else benefited. They deserve better treatment than that.

Last edited:
What an amazing thought, Mia and sooooo true! Something I do not think about because I rarely watch these things and not really into animals, but my mind screamed YES when I read your thread.

Unfortunately that is this life, Mia that animals are used for human pleasures and to benefit themselves.

I am guilty myself because we have animals due to hubby wanting them and yet, to be blunt, they annoy the heck out of me and it is such a relief when they are out of the house and yet, despite this, they help me to keep waste to a minimum and it does prick at me that hey, you moan about them, but you do not have to throw away food. I do reiterate that I do not in any way abuse our animals.

We have chickens and it shocks me how the French treat these creatures ( I live in France) I cannot go to the market place and see all these poor chickens bundled together and some in a dreadful state!

I hate how human's have turned the animal world in to some sort of social status.

We have a pure bred sausage dog and a mixed race dog and I tell you, everyone who comes to our home, pets the sausage dog so much and completely ignores the other one! My husband related how when he was at work, Archy ( the sausage dog) disappeared and his client actually got in her CAR and drove around looking for him! She would not have done the same for Bunkle. Some also laugh rather ironically when I ask them to not ignore Bunkle because he attacks Archy in the morning!

In every area of life, there is a status symbol!

Companies are responsible for emitting big portions of the light that brightens the night. It's at their bill, and they don't do it for our convenience, but for their advertisement.

My thought, but not researched. How dark would a city look, or a small town, even with only street lights.
Where I live, people at their houses keep atleast one sort of light bulb on. And I'm thinkin, what a waste... when there are street lights.

I used to live in a desert area which while crowded with lots of houses close together, had no street-lights at all. It was dark, starry, and lovely walking at night there. Hardly anyone else walked at night, so it was safe. (During the day it was way too hot.)

Last edited:
Suppose there was an ordinance that for one hour every night, all the lights in the city (barring headlights from cars) had to be turned off?

When I was a kid, a greater number of cars seemed to have an ash tray/very small receptacle for sweet wrappers in the car doors. I can't remember the last time I saw one of these.

auntie0613_LargeWide.jpg

When I was a kid, a greater number of cars seemed to have an ash tray/very small receptacle for sweet wrappers in the car doors. I can't remember the last time I saw one of these.
When I was younger all cars had an ashtray,but none of them came equipped with seat belts :D

Is Area 51 the 51st state of America?..........................................:rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::eek::rocket:

No, the US government wants everybody to think Area 51 doesn't exist, but everyone thinks it might do but they're not certain, some believe in it, some don't.

No, the US government wants everybody to think Area 51 doesn't exist, but everyone thinks it might do but they're not certain, some believe in it, some don't.

Well....actually the existence of the Lockheed Skunkworks at Groom Lake is no secret and hasn't been for years. People still try to get as close to the complex as they can...and government is still there to shoo them away. But the entire area is so well publicized, I doubt anything with the highest degree of secrecy is being conducted on the premises any more. But it is still technically a functional DOD R&D facility.

Much like the existence of the Greenbrier Hotel in West Virginia. Once the center of operations for the US government in the event of a nuclear holocaust. Rendered worthless as the media published its location and purpose.

I wonder....If vegetarians only eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Employing Aspies as undercover spies would be intelligent, as we are usually undercover in some way out in public. Don't know if they would want to leave home though, that might be a problem.

Employing Aspies as undercover spies would be intelligent, as we are usually undercover in some way out in public. Don't know if they would want to leave home though, that might be a problem.

Interesting. I suppose that depends upon the nature and duration of any charade we're attempting.

I do know that much of operational spying involves emotionally manipulating people. To develop, blackmail or compromise "assets" who will do most of the "dirty work" for you at minimal risk to everyone except the asset in question, who is ultimately expendable. Whether they understand the real consequences or not.

Such considerations strike me as requiring an elevated sense of communication skills that I for one, do not possess. But ask me to sift through a mountain of data to arrive at a conclusion....yeah. I can do that.

Last edited:
Was thinking Judge more the 'shadowing' types, not the people controllers. People who follow, eavesdrop, electronically listen in, sifts through mountains of data looking for a clue, those sorts of people:)

Was thinking Judge more the 'shadowing' types, not the people controllers. People who follow, eavesdrop, electronically listen in, sifts through mountains of data looking for a clue, those sorts of people:)

In other words, those occupied in mostly non-operational capacities. Technicians & analysts. Gotcha.

Although the interview and screening process may prove to be a bit uh...."uncomfortable" for some Aspies. Then again such skills are usually obtained in the military to begin with. Not the private sector. I went to college with an acquaintance who was being formally "groomed" for such a job. He was an Air Force officer. But then he got a few years of practical experience in dealing with our enemies as a POW.

Last edited:
Think the military might be a good 'fit' for some. Rules, order, clear instructions and understood parameters. I would have thrived in the military if I'd been male. Many of the things I became involved in were run within rigid parameters, girl guides, convent school even tae kwon do, each thing had know factors, ways to behave, practice and clear ways that things were to be done. Although I would probably balk at such rigidity now, I liked and enjoyed it when younger.

Think the military might be a good 'fit' for some. Rules, order, clear instructions and understood parameters. I would have thrived in the military if I'd been male. Many of the things I became involved in were run within rigid parameters, girl guides, convent school even tae kwon do, each thing had know factors, ways to behave, practice and clear ways that things were to be done. Although I would probably balk at such rigidity now, I liked and enjoyed it when younger.

It's complicated. My parents were at complete odds over this regarding their youngest son.

Me. I liked that rigidity as well back then. :eek:

Of course neither were ever cognizant that I might be autistic. My father was a career military officer. But to my knowledge autism remains a complicated and ominous condition to report as an enlistee into our armed forces.

But plenty of Aspies have made it through the system nevertheless. :cool:

Although you can get such employment as a civilian. It happens. Sometimes it helps to have the right transcript in substitution of a resume.

Last edited:
Wonder if we might have a 'cooler head' than some when following orders. Yet, under certain circumstances might have 'meltdowns' in stressful and or noisy environments. Have a tendency to stress afterwards, but not during these situations.

Wonder if we might have a 'cooler head' than some when following orders. Yet, under certain circumstances might have 'meltdowns' in stressful and or noisy environments. Have a tendency to stress afterwards, but not during these situations.

Interesting question. Under conditions of strict discipline, I like to think in most cases I can persevere. Just not sure where my autism might show up. Probably just in simple living conditions surrounded by recruits. I don't think that part of it I'd handle well. But I really don't know.

My Neurotypical brother was quite the opposite of me. Yet it was he who went into the service.

And hated it. But then his choices were somewhat limited. Join the Navy and see the world, or join the Army and go straight to Viet Nam.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom