• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random ideas, thoughts, post them here.

if im not stressed i can retain the lesson ive been memorising- but i think thats because (now im going to be very northern english) 'me mam' studied english literature and just devoured books' so i was brainwashed by language
Theres a bbc podcast. Micheal rosen? On language. One episode centres on this aspect. How english developed... from viking invasions

To the norman invasion,who were vikings originaire, then how it all mixed together.

I like all that stuff.
The tower of babel was a book which was all tge languages since the start.
Cant learn them but like to learn about them :)

I posted the bit that I somewhat agree with. The conclusion sucked.

Yes, there's a brilliant article there, but it strayed off. It would take too long to do it better.. even if i could.
They are 'empowered' but still defining themselves (or defined as such) by buying product.

Yes, there's a brilliant article there, but it strayed off.
I likely would have taken it's premise 'the marketing of feminism and empowerment' along another route. Yet, it's one area where feminism does have some clout. It veers from the true roots of feminism which postulate equal rights.

I likely would have taken it's premise 'the marketing of feminism and empowerment' along another route. Yet, it's one area where feminism does have some clout. It veers from the true roots of feminism which postulate equal rights.
If you excel in the social world ie a world that has defined your behaviour within a limited set of parameters does any way you define yourself fall into their pre defined remit?
Ie will feminism also be defined within those social terms?
The social world,the media world now 'allows feminism' but also defines it in their own biased way.
I sometimes think of perhaps, the feminism of germain greer, those times, versus the feminism of today. I wonder if nowadays they are 'buying the t shirt' literally and buying into the slogan feminism is good but still not necessarily being a feminist. In terms of this board - an NT feminist may explain it a bit better.

My thinking is confused on this at the moment :)

The social world,the media world now 'allows feminism' but also defines it in their own biased way.
I sometimes think of perhaps, the feminism of germain greer, those times, versus the feminism of today. I wonder if nowadays they are 'buying the t shirt' literally and buying into the slogan feminism is good but still not necessarily being a feminist.

Certainly marketing does 'use' manipulable young women and gender specific targets to sell product. It defines and marginalizes them. In the same manner as wearing red lipstick in the 1930's was thought to imply 'freedom' from the social mores of the day, and females who used it were thought of as brave and radical.

Again, it is a marketing ploy, sometimes by females who sold to other females. Insecurities are still a formidable weapon against the masses in a 'dog eat dog' market economy. Ethically, this is a false, yet well-used device.

And to answer your question, I do know of women who style themselves feminist who would buy the t-shirt, and believe themselves radical for doing so. If, it leads them down the path toward self-realization, perhaps they will out of curiosity peruse 'The Female Eunuch' somewhere along the way. And begin to comprehend it's ramifications.

Last edited:
If you ask for a 'rolex' in uganda they're really cheap.

But.

You'll get a 'roll-eggs'

An egg roll,popular street food in uganda.

Rest in Peace: Gord Downie of the Tragically Hip.

Courage
The Tragically Hip
Watch the band through a bunch of dancers
Quickly, follow the unknown with something more familiar.
Quickly something familiar
Courage, my word it didn't come it doesn't matter
Sleepwalk, so fast asleep in a motel
That has the lay of home and piss on all of your
Background and piss on all your surroundings
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter
Courage, it couldn't come at a worse time
So there's no simple explanation
For anything important any of us do
And yeah the human tragedy
Consists in the necessity
Of living with the consequences
Under pressure, under pressure.
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter,
Courage, it couldn't come at a worse time.

Who invented drinking straws, and why?

How does a petrol/fuel pump actually draw the fuel from the underground tanks? What force is in use when the trigger is depressed to squirt the fuel out like that? It has to travel upwards and doesn't exactly trickle from the nozzle?.

How much money does a person actually need?

Get the licence for a drug that can make a real difference to those experiencing the effects of cancer and rather than help all those affected, charge offensive amounts of money for those that can afford it.

Are billions necessary for a feeling of security?
Can a person spend such a sum in a life time?

How much money does a person actually need?

Get the licence for a drug that can make a real difference to those experiencing the effects of cancer and rather than help all those affected, charge offensive amounts of money for those that can afford it.

Are billions necessary for a feeling of security?
Can a person spend such a sum in a life time?

The most someone could need is, as far as I can calculate, about five million dollars.

Someone wants some ivory backscratchers, as far as I can tell.

c48acc25892ea652d331340279ca9a3b.jpg

This was kinda funny but also made me wonder. I've always been a night owl, had insomnia for a long while and just a terrible time getting to sleep. It's since gotten better but I still have an awful time trying to get up in the morning. So, I would love this to be true. Although, I guess a person's body clock wouldn't change just because they're living in a different location. Any thoughts?

The Canadian national anthem was ripped off from Mozart's March of the Priests, from the magic flute. Which makes me sad and angry.

New Threads

Top Bottom