• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random ideas, thoughts, post them here.

Ok so I drank a bit because i wanted to have a spiritual experience and i thought. I have no anxiery right now and can do anythign even talk to people no problem so i was thinking wtf how can we be easier to get along with when we are intoxicated rather than when we are not, this is stupid. what species evolves like this what possible advantage can it be to experience anxierty when not drung like wtd

So I went for a walk tonight and you know what i learned. we're losers. when was the last time we had fun. we come to this forum and mope about poeple and stupid stuff while they are out there livign and enjoying life. there was laughter ouit there they loved one oan aother. when was the last time we were in love. fick resposiobiliyuy what it the point of lige if you never have fun. we ar not machnes. we need to goe valls and try. waht do we have to lose we are already dead, we have only life to gain. we are made for one another how coudl we ever wthing we can rebell against our core nature. can a rock stop bei a rock. thearrogance. the stupidity, where is your manhood and bravery did you lose it in uniersity. there is nore sence in my drunken drivel than in al lthe comments i made so far. take it as wou will.

I wonder if many of our "symphtoms" are reactions that any NTs would have to desperation and incomprehension. If it was in my hands, I'd put an NT in a city full of aspies, take note of everything that happens to him, extract his symphtoms, and then show them all to his face, both good and bad.
And hell I'd enjoy what would he reply :D

So when I was younger I genuinely enjoyed spending time with many people. That is no longer the case. The closest thing to that feeling was begin in philosophy classes and discussing a paper we had just read. I did enjoy discussing the same kind of topics with certain people outside of class. But I think there is slim chance I will enjoy spending time with the majority of people unless we find a topic we both like. Many of the well educated people are too appropriate. I'll tell you what's appropriate, not being mean to anyone. Much of the rest is fair game. Many of them too are only educated in technical fields and have little intellectual inclination.

We do need to have fun, that is very important. We should identify things that we find enjoyable and go after them rather than allow laziness to hold us back. We need to be more spontaneous. But we cannot expect to like things just because everyone else likes them.

So I went for a walk tonight and you know what i learned. we're losers. when was the last time we had fun. we come to this forum and mope about poeple and stupid stuff while they are out there livign and enjoying life. there was laughter ouit there they loved one oan aother. when was the last time we were in love. fick resposiobiliyuy what it the point of lige if you never have fun. we ar not machnes. we need to goe valls and try. waht do we have to lose we are already dead, we have only life to gain. we are made for one another how coudl we ever wthing we can rebell against our core nature. can a rock stop bei a rock. thearrogance. the stupidity, where is your manhood and bravery did you lose it in uniersity. there is nore sence in my drunken drivel than in al lthe comments i made so far. take it as wou will.
Sorry to hear you are feeling down. For me personally I don't need other people to have fun.

I just scratched my dad's car for second time in like week and half :(
The garage in my house is a little tricky, is uphill and when you just cross the door you have to turn completely right to park the car but at the same time you don't have much space, on the left there are the stairs to the main door but if you move to the right there's this column which supports the ceiling. You have to learn to use the clutch, gears and gas very well. In 7 years since I got my license I've never been this troublesome, idk why. Well...being honest the last week scrtch wasn't all my fault, someone left a sewer concrete box (around a feet per side) on the stairs and I wasn't aware of it so when I entered the from bumper pushed it.

Today's stratch I assume all the responsability, I went too far to the right and I touched the column from the ceiling. It's not su bad only a scratch, my father probably will not be mad about it but for me is very hard to accept it, I take it very serious when something like that happends, I mean my parents trust me their vehicle and I'm (or try my best) to very very careful and responsible with it, I think about how hard they have worked for their stuff and thaat I'm still studying without giving much to home.

I just scratched my dad's car for second time in like week and half :(
The garage in my house is a little tricky, is uphill and when you just cross the door you have to turn completely right to park the car but at the same time you don't have much space, on the left there are the stairs to the main door but if you move to the right there's this column which supports the ceiling. You have to learn to use the clutch, gears and gas very well. In 7 years since I got my license I've never been this troublesome, idk why. Well...being honest the last week scrtch wasn't all my fault, someone left a sewer concrete box (around a feet per side) on the stairs and I wasn't aware of it so when I entered the from bumper pushed it.

Today's stratch I assume all the responsability, I went too far to the right and I touched the column from the ceiling. It's not su bad only a scratch, my father probably will not be mad about it but for me is very hard to accept it, I take it very serious when something like that happends, I mean my parents trust me their vehicle and I'm (or try my best) to very very careful and responsible with it, I think about how hard they have worked for their stuff and thaat I'm still studying without giving much to home.
If you are having trouble getting up the hill, maybe you can park the car at the bottom of the hill and someone else can drive it into the garage?

If you are having trouble getting up the hill, maybe you can park the car at the bottom of the hill and someone else can drive it into the garage?
Mmm, I don't think that would be the correct approach, evade it just doesn't work for me and I've only had those incidents with the garage in 7 years. Btw, today my father saw the "scratch" lucky for me and well, for both of us, he waxed the car and it wasn't really scratched, the car's paint was fine, the "scratch" was paint from the rocksheet column and the wax removed it.

Not my idea, but one I agree with:

Much like conscious capitalism, which seeks to reassure first-world consumers that the products they buy are somehow improving the world, empowerment feminism is a movement driven primarily by guilt. Thinking of every purchase as a radical act is a way of absolving yourself of criticism — buying a $15 “FEMINIST” T-shirt from H&M is empowering, even if the shirt itself was made by a woman in a sweatshop. The excuse of “empowerment” can turn even the least ethical purchase into a form of activism.

“Empowering” my ass

Not my idea, but one I agree with:

Much like conscious capitalism, which seeks to reassure first-world consumers that the products they buy are somehow improving the world, empowerment feminism is a movement driven primarily by guilt. Thinking of every purchase as a radical act is a way of absolving yourself of criticism — buying a $15 “FEMINIST” T-shirt from H&M is empowering, even if the shirt itself was made by a woman in a sweatshop. The excuse of “empowerment” can turn even the least ethical purchase into a form of activism.

“Empowering” my ass

I think they added the wrong conclusion to the article, or didn't quite nail it.
I'm empowered by keeping the money in my pocket.

they would be for a lot of northern english people in their early thirties and younger old- english and gaelic are dying languages
for instance arse is old english but their are barely any words used. Now its trade english designed for the industrial revolution

Cuddy is a donkey. In the pit days, i thought, a cuddy wifter was someone ( a child, 14 year old usually in england) who had to walk on the wrong side of the donkey as they were leading it up the shaft with the coal. So i was told from someone whose job it was

they would be for a lot of northern english people in their early thirties and younger old- english and gaelic are dying languages
for instance arse is old english but their are barely any words used. Now its trade english designed for the industrial revolution

Old norse, a lot of it. The swear words survive :)

its amazing its old english high german german then old norse then german after that

Theres a bbc podcast. Micheal rosen? On language. One episode centres on this aspect. How english developed... from viking invasions

To the norman invasion,who were vikings originaire, then how it all mixed together.

I like all that stuff.
The tower of babel was a book which was all tge languages since the start.
Cant learn them but like to learn about them :)

New Threads

Top Bottom