• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random ideas, thoughts, post them here.

LOL. Took that test. :p

Your score is:

Of all the weird test takers:

weird_bar.php

11% are more weird,
3% are just as weird, and
86% are more normal than you!

Painting my kitchen cupboards this colour after agonizing over it for a long time:

b3ae2168be73409ec6977c7ca76f8023.jpg
Middle yellow colour

Last edited:
How much the province I live in likes hockey, they changed the Montreal airport signage. Playoff season starting this week.

a-roports-de-montr-al-the-montr-al-at-trudeau-airport-dis.jpeg

Last edited:
How much the province I live in likes hockey, they changed the Montreal airport signage. Season starting this week.

The Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto Maple Leafs. Always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling as I once owned one of those old mechanical hockey games a kid. I so loved playing it. One of my favorite toys. :)

I don't know what my I.Q. is I test weird with the dyslexia and certain disabilities...but Iseem to see everything everyone else misses...easily!
In fact the world is beginning to bore me!
I am running out of impossible patterns to unravel.
God is about all that is left now!
I am searching for the Key to bend his heart!
I love solving the impossible patterns.
The Government, and Nuclear stuff was childs play...bored!

I read something interesting today. A newly discovered species of shrimp has a bright pink claw that can make a noise loud enough to kill small fish. Researchers from Oxford University discovered these shrimp on Panama's Pacific coast. They named the new species "Pink Floyd". The scientific name is "Synalpheuspinkfloydi".

The rock band was given a similar honor in 2015 when a new species of damselfly was named "Ummagumma" after the 1969 Pink Floyd album of the same name.

I think that this article probably caught my eye because Pink Floyd is, by far, my favorite band.

I read something about it yesterday but didn't put much attention =/. I'm still waiting for the new heavy metal discovered (in labs) to be named Lemmium in honor of Lemmy Kilmister hehehe.

Well, I did it, wednesday I went for a bike ride, I made about 10miles. For having passed like 4 years since I rode a bike and maybe 5 more since I did regularly I guess 1h20min in total isn't bad. This last couple of days I have rested because being in a catholic country and small town in holy week) many of the stores are closed, families are reunited (at least the most conservative, others are at the beach lol) so even when I'm not a very religious guy I didn't went out.

I plan to ride again tomorrow, besides the physical benefits I started to feel less anxious, stressed and more focus while studying.

From a child psychiatrist's notebook;

"....however autistic people, do not tend towards violence or crime despite their inability to empathize and recognize, for example that ignoring someone might be hurtful to others. Their lack of empathy is conceptual. Autistic people may often be insensitive to the feeling and needs of others, but this is because they cannot fully perceive these feelings, not because they wish to cause harm or to be unkind.

They have the capacity to love and feel emotional pain, but not the wiring that allows them to fully understand how to interact and have relationships...They do not lack sympathy for other people's experiences when they become aware of them."

A childhood friend of mine passed away yesterday.
We were neighbors as kids,and became neighbors again after I moved to the 'ville.
He was crippled up to the extent that he could no longer walk.
The next 15 years or so was spent in an alcoholic fog.
A few years ago,he fell and broke his back. After the repairs were done,he spent time in rehab where they dried him out.

He set his alcohol down and picked up a pain pill habit.
Then he was diagnosed with cancer in his mouth.
I spent the holidays the year before with him as he prepared for his surgery. He went against the hospital's advice and returned to his home because he knew they wouldn't let him smoke there.

The fool smoked three more cigarettes on his way home from the hospital inside of 30 minutes and refused to follow his doctor's advice to place the thickeners in anything that was injected into his feeding tube.

In a pilled up rage one afternoon in January 2016,he told me off and said things to me that were very hurtful at a time when I could have used some positive words.
Sick or not,I didn't think it was any way to treat another human being that had made a point to check in on him twice a day for several years.

I got word of his passing yesterday and saw both the local law and the coroner's van as they came to pick up his body.
Last night was spent in mourning,followed by anger today as I reflected on his life and how he wasted so very much of it.

Looking back on it all,I should have been an inspiration to him for how far I returned after my accident,but instead,I was only a witness to him alienating the last few people who gave a damned about him.

Rest in peace Stephen...I'll see you on the other side

'...When people (experience) traumatic stress, their brains become "sensitized" to future stressors, and it takes smaller and smaller amounts of stress to set the system off and prompt a full-blow stress response....'

From a psychiatrist's notebook, Bruce Perry

Well, I gave my first "class" today, Advanced Calculus and $8 per hour, not bad. It definetly could have been better but the guy I teached told me yesterday and I wasn't as prepared as I would like. Next lesson will definetly be better.

New Blue:

Crayola is also inviting North America to help name the new blue crayon.

blue-powder.jpg

The inspiration for the crayon colour comes from chemist Mas Subramanian and his team at Oregon State University.

In 2009, Subramanian’s team were heating manganese oxide to explore its electronic property when a brilliant bright blue compound emerged from the furnace. The “serendipitous discovery”, although not quite the new, high-efficiency electronic material they were hoping for was, nevertheless, a research breakthrough.

The vibrant pigment is YInMn Blue and contains the elements Yttrium, Indium, Manganese, and Oxygen.

This colour blue reminds me of Cyan blue. What would you call it?

@Mia
Probably Yinmin.

That's easier to say than "Yinmn."
Otherwise, "Minny." :)

Just playing around with the letters that stand for the elements.
Mildly radioactive/glow in the dark Minny Yinmin.

Minnie Yinmin. :)

Yinmin Blue

No short posts allowed?
What?
That's how I speak.

"Short posts add nothing to the discussion."
Well excuse me for having trouble with sentences.

+1

@Mia
Probably Yinmin.

That's easier to say than "Yinmn."
Otherwise, "Minny." :)

Just playing around with the letters that stand for the elements.
Mildly radioactive/glow in the dark Minny Yinmin.

Minnie Yinmin. :)

Yinmin Blue
Ninny Blue? :rolleyes:

Hegemony
theory of cultural hegemony, associated particularly with Antonio Gramsci, is the idea that the ruling class can manipulate the value system and mores of a society, so that their view becomes the world view. Terry Eagleton's words, "Gramsci normally uses the word hegemony to mean the ways in which a governing power wins consent to its rule from those it subjugates".[9] In contrast to authoritarian rule, cultural hegemony "is hegemonic only if those affected by it also consent to and struggle over its common sense".[10]

In cultural imperialism, the leader state dictates the internal politics and the societal character of the subordinate states that constitute the hegemonic sphere of influence, either by an internal, sponsored government or by an external, installed government.

Autocracy
power of one

Hegemony
theory of cultural hegemony, associated particularly with Antonio Gramsci, is the idea that the ruling class can manipulate the value system and mores of a society, so that their view becomes the world view. Terry Eagleton's words, "Gramsci normally uses the word hegemony to mean the ways in which a governing power wins consent to its rule from those it subjugates".[9] In contrast to authoritarian rule, cultural hegemony "is hegemonic only if those affected by it also consent to and struggle over its common sense".[10]

In cultural imperialism, the leader state dictates the internal politics and the societal character of the subordinate states that constitute the hegemonic sphere of influence, either by an internal, sponsored government or by an external, installed government.

Autocracy
power of one
All societies have a cultural order system...even a anti order system is just a different system.
The question is are people trying to order their society in a fair healthy lawful manner for all, or is it allowed to to degenerate into bad things and bad people using power to get away with taking advantage of others.

The people at the top often talk about the need for Law and order while running a second hidden Lawless system of bribed judges, bribed prosecutors, bribed police chiefs, and bribed government officials.
Translation we little people get to go to jail...and they don't.
We have to do everything they say...but they don't do anything they say.
Basically they think they are the popular kids they get to punch the other kids and steal their lunches and push them in the dirt...because they are popular?:rolleyes:

Nasty mean kids grow up to be Nasty mean Adults... nothing ever really changes....to survive you have to chase the bad kids off somehow.

Too many Bad kids running the show presently...they need to be sent packing.

New Threads

Top Bottom