• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Radio

Try the local public radio station or look for college radio stations in your area. They are more likely to have music that is interesting and fun. Online radio listening is not something I've done a whole lot of, but I do like FM radio, and used to really get a kick out of AM and shortwave listening. The FM stations around here are not great but public radio has been nice to discover new genres with.
One online station I do like very much is Radio Dismuke. It is all music from about 1925 to 1935, and it's all very good.

For old school longwave, mediumwave and shortwave AM stations, I use the multitude of online SDRs

For digital and FM stations that also stream online, you could try

or
(you can view by genre on radio.net)

Anyone know any good online radio stations with lots of different genres and variety? Trying to find some good music.
These are both Alberta stations but with websites, independent stations

Our local University station, they keep several weeks of each show archived - CJSW Radio – Calgary's only Campus & Community Radio Station - concerts mentioned are local of course, but there is still the music

And an Alberta publicly operated station with mostly independent music, and different genres, few if any Top 40 songs - Support CKUA Radio - their on demand link (on the site) archives one week of radio programs, once again any mention of concerts is local to Alberta

Try the local public radio station or look for college radio stations in your area. They are more likely to have music that is interesting and fun. Online radio listening is not something I've done a whole lot of, but I do like FM radio, and used to really get a kick out of AM and shortwave listening. The FM stations around here are not great but public radio has been nice to discover new genres with.

I'll second this. The local college and public stations have good variety. You may not like it all, but there's usually something different on. The ones near me play a lot of new artists, and also have fun theme days/weekends. Like having listeners vote on their favorite songs for every year of a decade and playing those all week.

It's so much better than most stations, with their rigid playlists. All the oldies stations here boast about their variety, but play the same three Bon Jovi songs. And three Journey songs. And AC/DC, over and over and over. Yeah, that could be playing whatever they want, but when they play "Rain" by The Beatles as a "deep cut," it's kind of embarrassing.

New Threads

Top Bottom