• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Private messaging features

annO

️©
V.I.P Member
I would like to request 2 feature additions. 1 to the private messaging system and 1 to the status update. Or 2 to the private messaging system. Maybe other users will find it useful.

1. Save as draft

2. Ability to privately post on my own status OR ability to message myself.

My opening statement:
I can't speak for anyone but myself and I don't mean to sound selfish but I believe that others may relate. Also, the first feature requested may already exist and I can't find it. In that case, disregard.

My case:
Private status update or ability to private message oneself.

Simply put, I have to send myself references in a private and accessible manner. I cannot rely on watching threads that are particularly interesting to me even though I may not have a desire to engage as they get lost in a mix of other watched threads.

I also need to send thoughts to myself in a private manner. Use a notepad app?? No. I need the thoughts to stay in the contextually relevant place where they were originally thought, especially along my journey mental stability. I have not identified the button that enables private posting to my status and I am not permitted to send myself a private message.

I want to use this site as a place to learn and grow. Part of that is for me to keep record of my raw unfiltered self as I go through whatever my process is but I don't necessarily want others to see every detail and so far the details are scattered around in experimental places. I understand that the blog system has a private option but the blog system doesn't quite meet my needs as I have to provide a title and an image in order to post a handful of words that I want to remember later because they are relevant to something bigger.

Thank you for reading all that.

Last edited:
I forgot to speak on the "save as draft"

I basically have to edit messages several times before I send them. This post is an example of what happens when I don't do enough edits the first time. I can't close the app and have the message still exist when I open it again.

Simply put, I have to send myself references in a private and accessible manner. I cannot rely on watching threads that are particularly interesting to me even though I may not have a desire to engage as they get lost in a mix of other watched threads.

If you click on the small "square with a divot in its underside" symbol next to the number in the top right corner of posts, you can bookmark them, and thus keep all relevant or interesting threads in one easily accessible place. What's more, you can even organize your bookmarks by adding a note and a label so that you can easily find them and know why you saved them. They are stored on your profile page under "bookmarks".

the first feature requested may already exist and I can't find it.
That is indeed the case. Next to the page with a magnifying glass in the top right of the messaging box are three vertical dots. If you click on them, you can see a floppy disk icon at the right end of a second, lower bar. By clicking on it, you can save a draft of your comment.

I have not identified the button that enables private posting to my status and I am not permitted to send myself a private message.
I have an idea. I can try sending you a private message, and then leave the conversation. You might be able to keep the "conversation" going without me. I won't be able to access it again unless you specifically invite me (which there is no reason for you to do). We can at least see if it works.

Otherwise the blogs are probably the closest approach you have. I haven't used blogs myself, but I'm pretty sure sending a picture with each post isn't required. At least I remember seeing some blog posts which were very short. I think you can even organize them into their own series or "journals" to keep better track of your thoughts. You can just name the posts "1" "2" "3" etc., or the date you make them so you can keep better track of them.

I hope this helps!

The conversation thing sounds ideal. I can send links to the posts I want to collect. It will automatically chronicle the order in which everything happens so that I can quickly see which posts inspired thoughts. Thank you!

Last edited:
you can do a private blog - it allows drafts and edits for later. Nobody but you has to see it. Except for the mods, who have all access, but they won't unless you write something super inflammatory or something, probably not even then. So long as it is private, but still try to keep to the rules I guess?

you can do a private blog - it allows drafts and edits for later. Nobody but you has to see it. Except for the mods, who have all access, but they won't unless you write something super inflammatory or something, probably not even then. So long as it is private, but still try to keep to the rules I guess?
Thanks. I did try to use the blog and I briefly explained how blogs aren't going to fully meet my needs. I'm sure that the blog will meet my needs for blogging if I ever feel like doing that. Stuttermabolur started a private conversation with me and then left the conversation and now I have one simple, private place that will have everything in chronological order which is more important that labeling and categorizing for what I'm trying to do.

Having a save draft feature is for when drafting thoughtful replies to comments in threads. I need to write and rewrite a lot, especially when I'm going in depth. If I have to stop what I'm doing, like when my brain hurts or when the doc finally calls me in, and I have to redirect my attention and can't finish my thought, it's the end my thoughts are lost.
I've already forgotten and given up on responses I've started. My usage is limited to the app, so it's not like I can keep tabs open. Plus I hate more than 3 or 4 tabs and I currently have 41 open tabs on my mobileweb browser. I do not own a working laptop.

New Threads

Top Bottom