• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

Mushroom poisoning in Switzerland has increased by 25% in 2022 compared to 2021.
I can guess why. People think that all mushrooms are safe so go and pick those they see in the forests. Unless you have carefully studied which ones are actually safe you're slightly doomed.

As teenagers we used to crawl through misty forests in winter looking for mushrooms and we knew exactly what sorts to pick, Australia has two common species of very entertaining mushrooms.

A lot of foreigners get tricked by some of our mushrooms here, we have one species that looks exactly the same as a common field mushroom but they're deadly poisonous. The only way you can tell them apart is by smell.

Last edited:
As teenagers we used to crawl through misty forests in winter looking for mushrooms and we knew exactly what sorts to pick, Australia has two common species of very entertaining mushrooms.

A lot of foreigners get tricked by some of our mushrooms here, we have on species that looks exactly the same as a common field mushroom but they're deadly poisonous. The only way you can tell them apart is by smell.

At a certain time in late summer here you will see people, usually young people, crawling around like they are searching for something. In fields, old pastures, parks and those narrrow strips of grass that sometimes separate sidewalks from roads. That always makes me laugh a little because they are trying to be low-key and invisible, because they are picking Liberty Caps. It's not legal to pick those but that has never stopped anyone.

We get them only in the coldest part of winter, which isn't cold at all by your standards. The two most common sought out by some people are Gold Tops and Blue Meanies. The blue meanies are tiny compared to the gold tops but they pack as much punch as their larger cousins.

Mycotopia.jpg

7384793220_a9c0d9b31b_b.jpg

Mushroom poisoning in Switzerland has increased by 25% in 2022 compared to 2021.

I can guess why. People think that all mushrooms are safe so go and pick those they see in the forests. Unless you have carefully studied which ones are actually safe you're slightly doomed.

Yes, apparently it became a very popular hobby during lockdown and people don’t know what to identify what is safe.

Apparently it's a huge problem in Poland too. Especially with young people.
Didn't anyone's parents teach them to not go around picking up things in the forest and putting them in their mouths?

I thought I locked Enzo's crate, but I guess I didn't. He got out of his crate, jumped into my bed, and got under the covers.
I guess I'm sleeping on the couch tonight lol

Only in Australia....
They finally found it, just lying on the side of the road.

Tiny-but-deadly-radioactive-capsule-missing-in-Western-Australia-has.jpg

I think whoever was responsible for packing it so badly it fell out is going to get fired.
When the state government looked in to pressing charges it turns out that our laws are quite outdated, the maximum penalty is $1000. I think that's about to change quite dramatically.

I fail to understand how such a tiny and dangerous thing wasn't in secure and shielded packaging. I have a funny idea that the truckie's unions will be demanding answers to that same question. :)

Regarding keyboards the one I'm using is a full mechanical with red switches. I've fitted double o-rings under the keys. Works well with nice, light keys. Some people prefer the other kinds of switch but this one works well for me. Probably done a couple of thousand pages of typing on it. Still working well.

New Threads

Top Bottom