• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

Since I love educating people about my special interests, particularly about specific dog breeds and why they are still important and necessary, here are my "rare breeds of the day!"

Clumber Spaniel

7394c245309dd458347b4139f82c4aab.jpg
clumber.PNG
Screenshot-2022-02-22-at-11.14.06.png

Here is my description:

Clumber Spaniels are amusing but dignified, and are the largest and heaviest of the Spaniel types.
They are sweet, easygoing, affectionate, trainable, and have a sense of humor!
They were developed in Nottinghamshire, England, and have been a favorite of British noblemen as well as game bird hunters.
They were popular subjects for artwork in the 1800s, and were among the first breeds recognized by both the British Kennel Club and the American Kennel Club.
Often referred to as the "aristocrat of Spaniels."

Official breed standard from the American Kennel Club:

"The Clumber Spaniel is a gentle, loyal and affectionate dog. He possesses an intrinsic desire to please. An intelligent and independent thinker, he displays determination and a strong sense of purpose while at work. A dog of dignity, the Clumber Spaniel may sometimes seem aloof with people unknown to him, but in time he will display his playful and loving nature. The Clumber Spaniel should never be hostile or aggressive; neither is acceptable and should not be condoned."

---

Swedish Vallhund

1200px-Västgötaspets_hane_5_år.jpg
image9.jpeg
uutisia_piitu_huhti2010.jpg

The Swedish Vallhund is among my personal favorite breeds, since they were one of the first breeds I competed with as a professional handler!
Swedish Vallhunds have been depicted in Viking legends, and are an intelligent and active cattle herding breed. They are cheerful and love life!
They are a distant relative of the Welsh Corgi, and have a similar build, since they originated for the same purpose (droving cattle, and being long and low to the ground so they wouldn't get stepped on!)
The breed's exact history is unknown, but they are thought to be a cross between Viking dogs and Welsh Corgis (side note, Corgis are thought to be some of the most ancient dog breeds!)

Excerpt from the official AKC breed standard:
"The breed is watchful, energetic, fearless, alert, intelligent, friendly, eager to
please, active, and steady, making a good herding and companion dog. Sound temperament,
neither vicious or shy."

Here's an amazing story - no one died. Only light injuries.

View attachment 96012

View attachment 96013

Wow!!!
They are so lucky. That has to be a miracle.

Plane crashes are my worst death fear aside from nuclear warfare and tornadoes.

Since I love educating people about my special interests, particularly about specific dog breeds and why they are still important and necessary, here are my "rare breeds of the day!"

Clumber Spaniel

View attachment 95994View attachment 95995View attachment 95996

Here is my description:

Clumber Spaniels are amusing but dignified, and are the largest and heaviest of the Spaniel types.
They are sweet, easygoing, affectionate, trainable, and have a sense of humor!
They were developed in Nottinghamshire, England, and have been a favorite of British noblemen as well as game bird hunters.
They were popular subjects for artwork in the 1800s, and were among the first breeds recognized by both the British Kennel Club and the American Kennel Club.
Often referred to as the "aristocrat of Spaniels."

Official breed standard from the American Kennel Club:

"The Clumber Spaniel is a gentle, loyal and affectionate dog. He possesses an intrinsic desire to please. An intelligent and independent thinker, he displays determination and a strong sense of purpose while at work. A dog of dignity, the Clumber Spaniel may sometimes seem aloof with people unknown to him, but in time he will display his playful and loving nature. The Clumber Spaniel should never be hostile or aggressive; neither is acceptable and should not be condoned."

---

Swedish Vallhund

View attachment 95997View attachment 95998View attachment 95999

The Swedish Vallhund is among my personal favorite breeds, since they were one of the first breeds I competed with as a professional handler!
Swedish Vallhunds have been depicted in Viking legends, and are an intelligent and active cattle herding breed. They are cheerful and love life!
They are a distant relative of the Welsh Corgi, and have a similar build, since they originated for the same purpose (droving cattle, and being long and low to the ground so they wouldn't get stepped on!)
The breed's exact history is unknown, but they are thought to be a cross between Viking dogs and Welsh Corgis (side note, Corgis are thought to be some of the most ancient dog breeds!)

Excerpt from the official AKC breed standard:
"The breed is watchful, energetic, fearless, alert, intelligent, friendly, eager to
please, active, and steady, making a good herding and companion dog. Sound temperament,
neither vicious or shy."

The Vallhund is adorable, look at those stubby little legs. The word "hund" means dog, so they really should be called Vall dog in English. Have you seen the Lundehund? A hundred years ago they existed only in a small isolated village on an island here. Very rare dogs and they have extra toes! :D Just like polydactyl cats. They need the extra toes for climbing rocks and difficult terrain.

iu

iu

Last edited:
The Vallhund is adorable, look at those stubby little legs. The word "hund" means dog, so they really should be called Vall dog in English. Have you seen the Lundehund? A hundred years ago they existed only in a small isolated village on an island here. Very rare dogs and they have extra toes! :D Just like polydactyl cats. They need the extra toes for climbing rocks and difficult terrain.

iu

iu
I love these guys!!! I actually wrote a research paper about Lundehund at one point.
They can also fold their ears and bend their front legs laterally.

Holy crap. Gravity stopped working and the wind pushed him up and he almost went past the entire landing area and just kept going,

Amazing to watch, but sort of also reminded me of these:

sugar-glider-matrix-nice-tail-jpg.88037

He was really doing all he could to land, you do not want to land on the flat part at the bottom, people break knees that way. In the slow motion vid you could see him think "oh no no no no!!!!" as the wind pushed him up.

The ball in a ballpoint pen is made of tungsten carbide, which is harder than most metals. So if you repeatedly draw a pattern with the pen even on steel, you can make an engraving.

New Threads

Top Bottom