• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

FireChief.jpg
FireChief RQ.jpg

The funniest part about this is that she was also purchasing Midol...
I wonder what her husband did lol

facebook_1670470851262_7006462573334811707.jpg

She is going camping.
One day, a woman walked into a general store/gas bar near a National park. The friendly proprietress asked her how her vacation had been.
"How do you know I'm not just arriving?" asked the customer.
"Your clothes are dirty, your hair's a mess, you're sunburned, bug-bit, and you smell like campfire smoke." replied the woman who did not rely on repeat business.

Over in NA, the first low-slung ute was the Ford Ranchero. Ford had noticed that farmers with too much money had been making Cadillacs into crude pickup trucks, and found a new market. It is strange that open truck beds are rare in Europe and northern Asia.

Ford made our first ute too, at the request of a farm wife. She wanted something that could take her to church on Sunday and pigs to market on Monday. That's the sort of design we stuck with ever since, or if you needed to carry heavy stuff you'd have beefed up suspension and an aluminium tray like this one.

36814cb056fe9c8150f9b9b45f70d9a8.jpg

In my town, big white pickup trucks are ubiquitous. One lady drove the wrong one home, and had it for a week before her husband came home and noticed. Nobody had noticed the similar truck not moving from a nearby spot.

Mum had us kids already in the back of the car and was halfway through loading the shopping in to the boot when a man came running over screaming at her. Our car was in the next row in the car park. One key used to fit most of them back then.

I forgot to mention, the Toyota utes were extremely popular here too, especially the 4WDs. People prefer the pre 1990 models for reliability though.

[Edit] I just thought of a way to rationalise the different cultural styles. In the northern Americas you have a pickup Truck, in Australia we have a pickup Car. In fact Car is the concept our maufacturers used too, when a new model came out you could have it as a ute, a van, a 2 door coupe, a 4 door sedan, and a station wagon. All the one model and all looking the same.

Holden-HG-Panel-Van-HERO.jpg

1970-holden-hg-monaro.jpg

Last edited:
OK. Back to weird, but still on utes.

With Toyota utes and 4wds there's a built in cheat for farm workers. They don't want the "bong bong bong" when they open a door or if they don't have their seat belt on, especially if they're stop starting all the time like checking fences.

Do not get in to the car, put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on but do not start the engine. Then reach in and do up the driver's seatbelt and unplug it again about 5 or 6 times until you hear a chime on the dash. That's the very last time it will make any noises at you.

Some Christmas weirdness from Iceland:

The Icelandic Yule Cat

The Yule Cat, known as Jólakötturinn, is a huge and vicious cat who is described as lurking about the snowy countryside during Christmas time and eating people who have not received any new clothes to wear before Christmas. He is the house pet of Grýla and her sons.

Though referred to as an ancient tradition, written accounts of the Yule Cat have only been located as recently as the 19th century. The threat of being eaten by the Yule Cat was used by farmers as an incentive for their workers to finish processing the autumn wool before Christmas. The ones who took part in the work would be rewarded with new clothes, but those who did not would get nothing and thus be preyed upon by the monstrous cat. The cat has alternatively been described as merely eating away the food of ones without new clothes during Christmas feasts. The perception of the Yule Cat as a man-eating beast was partly popularized by poems of Jóhannes úr Kötlum as with the rest of the folklore.

1670511063487.png

Such a warm and happy Icelandic Christmas story. :D

OK. Back to weird, but still on utes.

With Toyota utes and 4wds there's a built in cheat for farm workers. They don't want the "bong bong bong" when they open a door or if they don't have their seat belt on, especially if they're stop starting all the time like checking fences.

Do not get in to the car, put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on but do not start the engine. Then reach in and do up the driver's seatbelt and unplug it again about 5 or 6 times until you hear a chime on the dash. That's the very last time it will make any noises at you.
I’ve got to see if that will work on our trucks. We have a mile or so of shell track and that dinging is annoying. Not the length of a station fence :) but still annoying.

I bought this cute water bottle purse (it’s supposed to look like a popsicle) but the list of things you can put in it is highly questionable…

Milk? Beer and wine?

This thing is clearly designed to be carried around all day, probably in the heat, so the idea of putting milk or alcohol or coffee in there is pretty disgusting to me lol
The only things I would put in that would be water, or like a sports drink, y’know, something that doesn’t spoil… :neutral:

9AB81BFC-38FC-4E3D-9BE1-91777B2F61DE.jpeg

Drinking warm beer that has been carried around and shaken up? Hhmmm. Maybe drink it through a straw while you're at it? :)

Pervasive smell.

I have a full head of very bushy hair and I haven’t cut it in over 12 months. I’m constantly brushing huge swathes of hair out of my face. Just a few minutes ago I was having a couple of pipes, just as I put flame to pipe a swath of hair dropped down in front of my face.

Whoosh! I went up like Michael Jackson in a Pepsi advert. Left a big streak of soot up my glasses too. :)
Time to invest in one of those Bilbo Baggins pipes! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom