• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

This is Brigadier Sir Nils Olav III. He is the mascot and colonel-in-chief of the Norwegian King's Guard. And I'm talking about the penguin and it's not a joke. :) This is a real thing. He was honoured with a Knighthood in 2008. He was the first penguin to receive such an honour in the Norwegian Army. :D

View attachment 87192

View attachment 87193

View attachment 87194
This is Brigadier Sir Nils Olav III. He is the mascot and colonel-in-chief of the Norwegian King's Guard. And I'm talking about the penguin and it's not a joke. :) This is a real thing. He was honoured with a Knighthood in 2008. He was the first penguin to receive such an honour in the Norwegian Army. :D

View attachment 87192

View attachment 87193

View attachment 87194
:sob:

20221022_210857.jpg

American Dad and mum got me a way to hang with my Ocean Buddy. Smoke shop was actually out of flower but they had the next best thing, got lucky!

202210R37.jpg

One of the many wonderful (and playable) antique arcade games at Musée Mécanique, located at San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf.

I'm sorry, the penguin doesn't actually live on a military base or anything like that. He lives in Scotland with other penguins and he is well cared for.
It surprised me that they didn't use a native animal as a mascot.

As far as I know penguins only exist in the wild in the southern hemisphere. Mind you, parts of Britain now have troubles with feral wallabies and I heard that Germany has troubles with feral lorikeets so I wouldn't be too surprised if there's wild populations of penguins in the north now too.

In Minneapolis there is actually a Norwegian church and our Queen Sonja visited it yesterday. :) I think that's a little weird, a church in the US where they speak Norwegian and have done so for a hundred years. I like it. Those Americans really have everything over there, even Norwegian churches.

The website wouldn’t let me read the article, but I was able to see your lovely Queen and her traditional dress. Beautiful.

I was trying to remember why so many Norwegian immigrants came to Minnesota (rather than other locations) - apparently it had something to do with available land - and learned that Minnesota is the unofficial Norwegian capital of the US.

The website wouldn’t let me read the article, but I was able to see your lovely Queen and her traditional dress. Beautiful.

I was trying to remember why so many Norwegian immigrants came to Minnesota (rather than other locations) - apparently it had something to do with available land - and learned that Minnesota is the unofficial Norwegian capital of the US.

Yeah Minnesota is the state with the most Norwegians. At one point 20% of the states population was Norwegians. That's where the "Minnesota nice" comes from. ;) I actually have family there.

New Threads

Top Bottom