• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

573674.jpg

Randomly a weird collection of junk has arrived here.

My wife rolled her eyes, not appreciating the exquisite possibilities of mechanical movement in this box of parts.

So....I took my box out into the autumn sunshine, on it's way to the work shed .
20221020_163455.jpg

My wife rolled her eyes, not appreciating the exquisite possibilities of mechanical movement in this box of parts.

So....I took my box out into the autumn sunshine, on it's way to the work shed .View attachment 87200
You wouldn't believe how much of that Dad bought for me at boot sales in the late eighties to early nineties!

So....I took my box out into the autumn sunshine, on it's way to the work shed .View attachment 87200

That photo really brings back memories. Starting about 70 years ago, I spent a lot of time building with my erector set. Best toy that I ever had.

I already have parts of a Meccano yellow Mamod ( steam engine) clg114, so it will be put back to how it should be (a car that powers along)

Also some parts will be used on a homemade steam engine aaannnddd.....

There's another box due to turn up soon :D

Thought some of you might find my desktop icons amusing, lol
Google Chrome is "Big Brother" and the recycle bin is "Oops Garbage."
Also, "Office" is not Microsoft Word. Lol

The name of my wifi is "The Internet"

And as you can see, my desktop computer is solely an editing machine... the only things I use it for are photography, art, video editing, and music production.

desktop.png

download.jpeg

I'm making sort of a slightly-embarassed confession, and I am actually more worried people will think I'm weird for this... The reason I designed Aloe's "primary" form -- ergo a long, flow-y serpentine sea dragon with an amethyst stone in her third eye -- to be able to coil me in some of the fics you guys see me write is because I have a very high sensitivity, but it's a good one, to feelings of being held all the way around. When I was really young, my cousin used to babysit me because both my parents would be out of the house at their jobs. One thing she would do when I was having an anxiety attack or a meltdown, which unfortunately was very common because my birth father used to fight with my mother (and sometimes my grandma) all the time; anyway, one thing she'd do to calm me down is get one of those puffy comforter blankets and a thinner, fluffy one and roll them together, and she'd spin me into it, and she'd sit with me on the couch and out a movie on or something, (she was the "playful" kind of teenager back then) and every time she did this I always noticed it didn't take very long for me to stop howling in anger/scattering in panic and slow down until I was just sitting there, breathing one-two-in and out and just looking at whatever she had me watching. Sometimes it would even turn out a little wholesome cause most times like if I had a cold or something i'd end up falling over and dozing off because there was just fluffiness on all sides.

So... When the day of my first telehealth appointment came and my therapist helped me design a comfort character, I chose a dragon with a serpentine body and ocean affinity who took an "approachable" form as a betty fish because I always wanted to have a friend that had no problem providing tactile sensory support. Then I wrote her to be an expert at rec-hypnosis and guided meditation because I got to thinking, well, I already made her to calm youths down with noodlehugs so I might as well make her a therapist as well! Hence the picture you see, I got it from Google Images, and I put it here to provide a visual example of what me relaxing with Aloe is supposed to look like.

New Threads

Top Bottom