• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

My mom's friend posted this image on Facebook featuring a very hangry cat. Not only is this true of this friend, but it's true of my stepdad. I said this, plus I pointed out that the cat looked like an old calico cat of hers who was almost as big as this cat is. Her name was Olivia.

Today, my mom asked me how I remembered Olivia. Honestly, the fact that I appreciate cats more than other people pretty much explains it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-192139_kindlephoto-358088707.png
    Screenshot_20220818-192139_kindlephoto-358088707.png
    276.8 KB · Views: 47
Forgot the fluffy cows (Bison) that have gored 4 people this year for approaching too closely. Just the other day a shoe with the remains of a foot inside was found in a hot spring. Think phosphoric and sulfuric acids at 140 F. The rest of the body was probably already digested.

Forgot the fluffy cows (Bison) that have gored 4 people this year for approaching too closely. Just the other day a shoe with the remains of a foot inside was found in a hot spring. Think phosphoric and sulfuric acids at 140 F. The rest of the body was probably already digested.
This is one of the problems with wildlife parks. People seem unable to comprehend just how dangerous wild animals are when they feel threatened.

Situational Awareness.jpg

Regards the shoe... the owner was probably taking a selfie when they fell in. I think this has happened before?

This is one of the problems with wildlife parks. People seem unable to comprehend just how dangerous wild animals are when they feel threatened.

View attachment 84006

Regards the shoe... the owner was probably taking a selfie when they fell in. I think this has happened before?
Yes it has, though one person died when they deliberately got into a pool in the Norris Geyser basin. Nothing left of the body except an oily sheen on the surface. People do not realize that the sides of these pools are very slick with mineral deposits and nearly impossible to get out of. We have hiked in grizzly country and are situationally aware, if not hyper aware. I've carried a 20g with barrel cut to 18-1/2 inches with two rounds of rubber slugs containing bear repellant followed by two rounds of rifle slugs if the hint is not taken. Never had to use it, even in Glacier or Denali.

New Threads

Top Bottom