• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a song you'd like to be able to preform.

Major Tom

Searching for ground control...
V.I.P Member
Recently I rediscovered this song and it got me back on the guitar. Really makes me want to get a Stratocaster with a high action and some thick strings. I've always admired Stevie Ray Vaughan, but this song is by far my favorite. No singing just straight up soul.

Post something you'd like to sing, play or dance to masterfully.

I dont sing, nor do I have any real interest in vocals of any sort.

But what I WOULD like to do is be able to play some of my favorite retro gaming tracks on the piano. I do have a piano but I dont know much about using it... have taken some lessons, but that was years ago and my arm completely gave out (again) and I had to stop entirely. But thanks to therapy I think I can get back to it now, so once I'm at the new house I'm gonna unbox that piano (it's an electric one, not a freaking grand piano) and maybe give this another go.

I have a couple of very specific tracks I'd love to start (?) with:

If I ever manage that last one, I'll have clearly turned into some sort of piano god. My hands hurt just pondering it. Give it a moment to get going and you'll see what I mean. Not an absolutely inaccessible goal, I can type a little faster than that, but typing and piano playing are wildly different beasts.

I just got a dulcimer to learn on, do play around with the harmonica and banjo. Not musically talented at all but sing all the time. Dogs don’t complain lol. Love music from Mozart to Bill Monroe. This is a very nice song below, always have liked her and this song. Google Allison Krouse and Robert Plant (Led Zepplin) they did some recent stuff and are great together! Favorite voice if I could request one would be Karen Carpenter - to me the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard.

I just got a dulcimer to learn on, do play around with the harmonica and banjo. Not musically talented at all but sing all the time. Dogs don’t complain lol. Love music from Mozart to Bill Monroe. This is a very nice song below, always have liked her and this song. Google Allison Krouse and Robert Plant (Led Zepplin) they did some recent stuff and are great together! Favorite voice if I could request one would be Karen Carpenter - to me the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard.

I got to see and hear Allison perform Gentle on my Mind about two years ago at The Outlaw Music Festival that put chills thru my entire body.

I have been teaching myself banjo. Now learning Tin Roof by Steve Martin. I have parts 1 and 2 down, and working on the finish.

Another song I enjoy the lyrics of and wish I could sing is by Blue Highway
Beautiful.

Music takes me many places in my mind.

Last edited:
Oh Alison Krause is such a talented artist with a beautiful voice.
I have always wanted to play some Arlo on my guitar, but never got good enough to pull it off

In 2019, I also got to see the Arlo Guthrie tour where we celebrated the 50th anniversary of his movie, "Alice's Restaurant"
The entire show was a fantastic night to remember, and instead of getting a tour shirt as a remembrance, I got these instead:
20191117_074828.jpg
I have always wanted to play some Arlo on my guitar, but never really got good enough to pull it off as well as he does.
The pin is a representation of the movie poster, and I think you can figure out what the papyrus is about :p

So I decided to give Lenny a try and the first chord is killing me but I got it. I'm flummoxed how to transition to the second haha. It's not as easy as people make it look. I can't imagine composing a song like this.

I may switch from the classical guitar to the electric and see if it makes any difference.

I would love to be able to perform and sing with the same charisma as Freddie Mercury. And have lots of groupies backstage, also like Freddie Mercury. And party like Freddie Mercury. Just as long as I don’t die like he died in the process.

I have a long list of songs that I would love to do drag performances of but haven’t yet because I have ideas for them that need time to get. Here are a few of my ideas.

I Know What Boys Like by The Waitresses- I want to walk out in a domatrix look with thigh boots and holding a whip for a sort of campy performance. Sort of a joke that guys want to be whipped by someone wearing leather.

True Colors by Cyndi Lauper- I would come out in what looks like a plain black dress with ruffles and sheer white long sleeves but as the song goes on, I slowly undo the ruffles to reveal colors of the pride flag before unhooking the sleeves and bringing my arms upward holding the ends and letting them fall down like angel wings to form the final layer of the dress reveal.

I Feel the Earth Move by Martika- I basically come out looking dirty with “dust, drywall,” and a fake bird and rat tangled in my wig and an outfit with holes burned in it and ripped and I act like I had just survived a disaster. I’d stumble around the floor like I’m trying to get my balance. During the song I’d pull out the bird and stare at it for a few seconds before tossing over my shoulder without a care. Sort of a campy literal take on the lyrics.

I Am What I Am by Gloria Gaynor- I come out in a long baggy dress or robe and at the end of the opening of the song, I suddenly pull off the cover and reveal something that I can dance in and covered in rhinestones. I’d also pull out a few playing cards during the song and toss them aside.

Room 335 by Larry Carlton, jazz/rock with an orchestra, is just brilliant. I've been learning it all my life, and I did perform it once at a jam night but I'm still learning it.

I am not religious, but old spirituals sure strike a chord with me!

New Threads

Top Bottom