• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a picture you have taken.

Sometimes mistakes in photography can be interesting too. Especially while on a paranormal investigation in an old hotel in Truckee, California.

View attachment 49283

Image stabilization goes only so far! :p

Not just that, you need to focus a bit more with the camera, all the faces are blurred out in the shot.

Not just that, you need to focus a bit more with the camera, all the faces are blurred out in the shot.

Actually there's quite a story to this from a perspective of the dynamics of digital photography. Especially in dealing with autofocus and shutter speed apart from uncontrolled movement. I was just being facetious about image stabilization. In reality it only goes so far. Here's why:

I was in a moving line of people both in front and behind me, so there was never a chance for me to actually stop long enough to turn the autofocus off and switch from aperture priority to shutter priority to shoot at a minimum of 1/125 of a second with the proper F Stop and wider aperture. And the use of fill-in flash against a mirror wasn't an option apart from so many people in close proximity.

Unfortunately the EXIF data showed the shot was taken with aperture priority at F 5.6 at 1/4 a second. Way too slow a shutter speed to avoid blurring. But then at that instant, F 5.6 was as low as I could go for the widest aperture against a flat background- a mirror. And mirrors can also potentially confuse a digital camera's AI and autofocus. Turning off the autofocus to go manual might have helped, however I simply had no time to do so in that instant. Normally such changes can be easily accomplished with more time, but not when I'm forced to move along with people moving all around me at the same time in low light. Ultimately this was more about shutter speed and depth-of-field than merely focus.

So in reality I never had a chance to seriously get a reasonable picture. But then that's part of the fun of digital photography. No film to waste in the development process. I had nothing to lose, and for whatever reason the camera's AI didn't stop me from taking the shot at 1600 ISO. And on rare occasion you might just catch something in a reflected image that isn't so apparent to the naked eye. :cool:

Last edited:
Here's a picture of my boyfriend and I driving through thick fog.

20180410_131316.jpg

And then the fog when we stopped by a lake.

20180410_131026.jpg

MPF_1143.JPG

Not a classic 63 Vette, but rather a 2016 Lingenfelter Corvette. Old design on a newer version.

But I'd still rather have the original. :cool:

MPF_0518.JPG

This amused me no end in the local Aldi yesterday. Check out the red discount sign. Mrs Autistamatic can be seen in the background in the top of the picture identified by her luxuriously long blonde hair :)

Attachments

• IMG_20181204_110749.jpg
    IMG_20181204_110749.jpg
    649.2 KB · Views: 0
Full Moon over Corn Maze.jpg

Full moon over a corn maze. Taken just a bit before Halloween. Taken with the crappy camera on my phone.

This is a photo of my first *boy* LOL Surprise doll that I got. He is called Punk Boi. My cat Mischief is hogging the background, as usual.:smileycat:
20180906_170622 (1).jpg

SAM_0800.JPG
These would make great jigsaw puzzles. I'd love to camp there. Every year, my husband takes a picture of someplace we have been and has a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle made for my birthday present. Here's one:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom