• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a picture you have taken.

Prototype CNC machined stamping die for Burt's Bees mini soap bar logos.
These were done for the hotel sized bars and stamped with a pneumatic press we retrofitted for the intended purpose.
IMG_1491.JPG

I was also involved in the design and manufacture of the polyethylene bulk soap pour moulds and the piano wire cutting harps used to portion their line of "hand made" soaps.
When I find some pix of those, I will put them up

View attachment 47223
Test cut for CNC machined size 8 aluminum thoroughbred race horse shoes.
These were cut from 3/8" x 8" 6061-T6 flat stock that were calculated by size to minimize drops (wasted material) that the workers followed in order to save money. they were nested in order to maximize the material usage. Most of the material used to make 4 shoes ended up in the scrap bin.

The shoes were delivered to a plant that free poured polyurethane into a mold that bonded a kevlar cloth to them.
The kevlar is then bonded to the hoof because nails can split a hoof making them lame and the urethane acted as a cushion.
There is no expense spared on high dollar horses.

The toes of the shoes were radiused so instead of biting into the track surface, they rolled which gained about a 1/4 inch at the nose each time all four hooves hit the ground.
That helps make a difference during a photo finish ;)

A Haas vertical machining center ran full shifts with only a 20 minute run time per full operation with fixturing that was set up so that anyone that walked past it could unload finished parts, reload material, close the door on the machine and push the start button to begin the next cycle.

You gotta love an automated process than pours cash into the checking account with very little interaction :p

For some strange reason, they were ordered in lots of 50 :D

I took this in Barcelona Spain many years ago. This guy was a busker in the street. The whole outfit was a tree complete with trunk and was about 3 or 4 metres high. I've always loved it!
Tree Man 3.jpg

full

Blue Jay that was in our Backyard; took this in ~ Mid February

Shot with my Canon Powershot SX420 IS (same Camera that I'm using in my Profile picture), using Auto Settings

I took this picture one winter after we had some ice fog. After the fog cleared it left everything covered in ice for a few hours.
Ice1.jpg

Most my recent ones are Hurricane related. Here is a funny one.Of all the shelves, the wine shelf was the one more stripped. I can tell you there are going to be a lot of people riding out the storm tipsy.

wineshelf.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom