• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

please, someone engage a conversation with me.

OK. Can you tell me something about yourself that you would like people to know about?

I am a 70 year old autist who did not find out about my autism until I was 64. It's been quite a learning curve, but for me, it was great. Finally there was an explanation that fit all the weird things in my life.

Hey, how is it going? Have you read any posts here? Lots of great members from all walks of life. Sending you virtual chocolate chip cookies

Hey, how is it going? Have you read any posts here? Lots of great members from all walks of life. Sending you virtual chocolate chip cookies
well, thanks, But i have trouble focusing on things, and I also seem to have GAD as well.
What kind of cookies btw, They better be Chewy chips ahoy.

I like to envision characters
Also, I want to create a positive community.
Like making characters and making them relatable to real lfe /my life in a way.
Wanna see them?
they are really cute.

That's always welcomed here. We have a few artists here. And we always enjoy looking seeing artwork presented on this forum.

Yes, please show us some of your artwork. There are other artists here who post their work from time to time. I like your comment about creating a positive community!

Yes, please show us some of your artwork. There are other artists here who post their work from time to time. I like your comment about creating a positive community!
let me link my community (This is NOT my artwork, these are artworks I had created for the community by artists I wanna support.)
It's a community I'm trying really hard to make grow. - https://www.reddit.com/r/EternityAllianceArt/

Here is my art page (Instagram) ©私と一緒に夢を見る™ (@eternity_dreamers_studio) • Instagram photos and videos

Wow, l am gobsmacked. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing. How long does it take from start to finish? What inspires you?

Last edited:
let me link my community (This is NOT my artwork, these are artworks I had created for the community by artists I wanna support.)
It's a community I'm trying really hard to make grow. - https://www.reddit.com/r/EternityAllianceArt/

Here is my art page (Instagram) ©私と一緒に夢を見る™ (@eternity_dreamers_studio) • Instagram photos and videos
So, a fan of anime? Or manga? The last two anime I saw (based on manga) were;
Your Name. Some of the photorealistic scenes by Shinkai are stunning, and I like the music by Radwimps.
A Silent Voice. This affected me greatly. Bullying, isolation, self hate, and redemption. I felt the isolation so very palpably, as I was isolated at that age.

Last edited:
Art is strange sometimes. There are different styles and they shift from generation to generation as well as different subjects becoming popular.

The modern animated style, I don't even know what to call it properly (Anime?) feels like a asian perhaps Japanese style running alongside the comic book/super hero type.

I can find it interesting but it doesn't move me like other older styles. Maybe its just a matter of what you were exposed to early on.

One of my favorites

john_william_waterhouse_the_lady_of_shalott.jpg

I believe this style is called Romanticism.

P.S Your work is very well done.

I have always drawn and painted but at some point realized I was a lot better at sculpting then I would ever be at 2D work.

Art is strange sometimes. There are different styles and they shift from generation to generation as well as different subjects becoming popular.

The modern animated style, I don't even know what to call it properly (Anime?) feels like a asian perhaps Japanese style running alongside the comic book/super hero type.

I can find it interesting but it doesn't move me like other older styles. Maybe its just a matter of what you were exposed to early on.

One of my favorites

View attachment 126526

I have always drawn and painted but at some point realized I was a lot better at sculpting then I would ever be at 2D work.
This painting is magnificent. It seems like the woman has left suddenly and in a hurry. She appears to be looking around with suspended concern, perhaps also hope. The image conveys an almost ethereal beauty to me, along with feelings of melancholy and bewilderment. Yet, there's also a sense of elegance and beauty amidst the disorder and spontaneity. Upon closer inspection, it appears as if she's hiding a growing belly. This raises questions: Is she pregnant? Is she fleeing from a love she thought was reciprocated? Is she seeking refuge for herself and her future unborn child? Away from those who wouldn't welcome the presence of a woman who succumbed to carnal instinct before marriage?
I enjoy imagining stories; it's like “connecting”with the painting.

Last edited:

One of my favorites

View attachment 126526

Everyone has their choice.

Would something like this be more of your thing then?

Warrior style?

This painting is magnificent. It seems like the woman has left suddenly and in a hurry. She appears to be looking around with suspended concern, perhaps also hope. The image conveys an almost ethereal beauty to me, along with feelings of melancholy and bewilderment. Yet, there's also a sense of elegance and beauty amidst the disorder and spontaneity. Upon closer inspection, it appears as if she's hiding a growing belly. This raises questions: Is she pregnant? Is she fleeing from a love she thought was reciprocated? Is she seeking refuge for herself and her future unborn child? Away from those who wouldn't welcome the presence of a woman who succumbed to carnal instinct before marriage?
I enjoy imagining stories; it's like “connecting”with the painting.

Yes, the painting draws mw in too, and to linger as it raises the question 'What is going on here?' A beautiful lady in a boat of high craftmanship... a gorgeous quilt. But something is very wrong. There is powerfull religious iconography. The crucifix, candles, and what is she holding? Rosary Beads? The idea of pregnancy hadn't occurred to me. I saw the swelling but attributed it to an earlier time when actual body shapes were not considered bad and editted out in favor of current ideals.

The painting is titled 'The Lady of Shalott' by John Waterhouse (c1888) and touches on a subject of Arthurian Legends. It is primarily based on a poem of the same name by Alfred Lord Tennyson which was based on an medieval work:

"The Lady of Shalott" is a lyrical ballad by the 19th-century English poet Alfred Tennyson and one of his best-known works. Inspired by the 13th-century Italian short prose text Donna di Scalotta, the poem tells the tragic story of Elaine of Astolat, a young noblewoman stranded in a tower up the river from Camelot." (wiki)

I am not sure but think she was in love with Lancelot Du Lac.

New Threads

Top Bottom