• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

please, someone engage a conversation with me.

Everyone has their choice.

Would something like this be more of your thing then?

Warrior style?

Not really, but it is better to my liking, perhaps as it comes closer to realisim. Some of the current style reminds me of the "Big Eyed Girl' trend that was very popular in the 60's which also incorporated the Harlequin theme. These things were everywhere on people's walls and maybe they weren't bad as decoration, but didn't draw me in at all.

big eye.jpg

What I wonder is what do you like about the current style and why do you like working in it?

Not really, but it is better to my liking, perhaps as it comes closer to realisim. Some of the current style reminds me of the "Big Eyed Girl' trend that was very popular in the 60's which also incorporated the Harlequin theme. These things were everywhere on people's walls and maybe they weren't bad as decoration, but didn't draw me in at all.

View attachment 126543

What I wonder is what do you like about the current style and why do you like working in it?
I've always loved how vivid and vibrant Anime style art is.

This painting is magnificent. It seems like the woman has left suddenly and in a hurry. She appears to be looking around with suspended concern, perhaps also hope. The image conveys an almost ethereal beauty to me, along with feelings of melancholy and bewilderment. Yet, there's also a sense of elegance and beauty amidst the disorder and spontaneity. Upon closer inspection, it appears as if she's hiding a growing belly. This raises questions: Is she pregnant? Is she fleeing from a love she thought was reciprocated? Is she seeking refuge for herself and her future unborn child? Away from those who wouldn't welcome the presence of a woman who succumbed to carnal instinct before marriage?
I enjoy imagining stories; it's like “connecting”with the painting.
Seems she has already had her baby, and is in the anguish of setting it adrift in the basket, as she herself has lit candles to see herself down to the ocean’s edge, where she will paddle to oblivion. If the stars should smile on her baby…

New Threads

Top Bottom