• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please is my dizziness a result of my asperger syndrome

Please I always feel dizzy after I talk for a long time (20 minutes or more). Is that also a symptom. This kind of feeling also comes when I stay in a place with high temperature and it makes my head to be literally hot sometimes.

Maybe your dizziness is a result of too much sensory overload or being around too many people. Does it get better if you go into a quiet room?

Maybe your dizziness is a result of too much sensory overload or being around too many people. Does it get better if you go into a quiet room?
I always feel like i should just put my head in front of the air conditioner to cool it down for a while anytime i have a long talk with people. It also happens when I use a head phone. If i dont rest my head very well after such moments, it may lead to a seizure.

Hello & welcome, @Okechukwu Chukwu.

What you are describing sounds like it is independent of whether you have autism or not. It is not regularly associated with autism.
Please is there anything it is likely associated with? I feel the same way or even worse when i use a headphone. After such moments, if i dont rest my hea very well, it may lead to me having a seizure before it would be finally okay

It could maybe be anxiety related. It used to freak me out, but I confronted my demons and am a teacher right now.

Like a sweat pouring down my body and heart ready to explode feeling. No dizziness thankfully. Through exposure it got better.

I get dizziness a lot from stress. Just make sure you're eating and drinking enough to rule out blood sugar issues. But if you get stressed a lot, it's quite a common symptom. I know that does little to improve matters. But if you remind yourself regularly that you'll be ok - it won't have such a hold of you compared to if you fear the symptom. A symptom born of stress will only last longer, or feel more intense if you react to it with more stress.

Ed

Have you seen a doctor?

I don't get dizzy, but certainly do feel overwhelmed after chatting for a long time, but that is due to not being myself at the time.

I tend to get hot and panicky with dread, when something goes wrong.

I've never seen that listed in any medical literature as a symptom of autism. I would think it most likely has another cause, perhaps a medical condition.

It’s cause your not breathing. If your just talking then you are not breathing during that time. This will make you dizzy. Just like holding your breath will do the same.

Of course I could be wrong, or right.

Welcome! I also concur that it's not likely related to AS but you may wish to seek medical advice if it's a recurring issue.

This is not a known symptom of autism. As other suggested, it could be due to stress/anxiety, or not breathing properly when you are speaking.

However, you should definitely see a doctor about this to rule out other causes. It could be something relatively harmless, or it could be something serious.

New Threads

Top Bottom