• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please check out my YouTube video about life with Aspergers!

Maddiexo

Hello I was talking about doing a YouTube video on what life is like as a teenage girl with Aspergers, well I’ve done it so please check it out and show some love as I’m really nervous! Thank you

What more can i say then i SO admire youre strenth & self determination Maddie and i regognice so many of youre sad history . and i can without dought say WELL SPOKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im honestly compleatly takend emotionally and need to calm down

And last as i fealt from the beginning you will do JUST fine in the future Maddie i have NO dought whatsover as you have the inner mental strenth and youre like me a wariror & just giving up is never an option to us

What more can i say then i SO admire youre strenth & self determination Maddie and i regognice so many of youre sad history . and i can without dought say WELL SPOKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im honestly compleatly takend emotionally and need to calm down

And last as i fealt from the beginning you will do JUST fine in the future Maddie i have NO dought whatsover as you have the inner mental strenth and youre like me a wariror & just giving up is never an option to us
Thank you sm for your love and support, I’m means a lot and I am thankful you can see what I have been through! :)

You really did great, explaining things and in a nice and lovely way. Sorry you were bullied by others, and have tough times. I bet many relate here relate to your experiences. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you sm for your love and support, I’m means a lot and I am thankful you can see what I have been through! :)

Like i said been there done that and you remind ALLOT of my self back in youre age (incl the tearing down the class room and i mean taking it apart compleatly and the teacher standing and yelling and felow class mates stand aside dont dare to step in) same with sucidal from little , missunderstood by teacher etc........

Like i said been there done that and you remind ALLOT of my self back in youre age (incl the tearing down the class room and i mean taking it apart compleatly and the teacher standing and yelling and felow class mates stand aside dont dare to step in) same with sucidal from little , missunderstood by teacher etc........
I’m so glad you can relate, I think all these things happen to only make us stronger!

I’m so glad you can relate, I think all these things happen to only make us stronger!

Oh its in many cases like youre talking about my life from birth and up to youre age now Maddie

Its no dought that as we both have sufferd and lived thru it we have both also grown stronger mentaly so yes i agree

Oh its in many cases like youre talking about my life from birth and up to youre age now Maddie

Its no dought that as we both have sufferd and lived thru it we have both also grown stronger mentaly so yes i agree
Definitely, thank you for supporting me :)

Definitely, thank you for supporting me :)

Any time Maddie and if there is anything you want to know about me just read my profile and DONT be afraid to ask & NEVER feel alone again because im right here if you need to talk my young friend :)

Really that was quite good for a first video in both content and delivery. A good brain, you have. I did have one tiny suggestion. Including a scene of a dinosaur chasing plastic green army men always adds just the right dose of drama and pathos to any story. I figured you couldn't add it this time due to budgetary concerns. But maybe it still isn't too late to schedule a pickup shoot and add it to the extended version.

;)

dino.jpg

Really that was quite good for a first video in both content and delivery. A good brain, you have. I did have one tiny suggestion. Including a scene of a dinosaur chasing plastic green army men always adds just the right dose of drama and pathos to any story. I figured you couldn't add it this time due to budgetary concerns. But maybe it still isn't too late to schedule a pickup shoot and add it to the extended version.

;)

View attachment 58496
Aha thank you! Maybe next time ;)

Nicely done Maddie. It never fails to sadden and amaze me that in the 35 years since I was your age things have become no easier for autistic people in UK schools.

A friend of mine, Siena, is just about to have her survival guide for teenage autistic girls published. There's undoubtedly a lot in her book that you'll relate to. She's 17 and the amount of similar tales she and I have about our school experiences is uncanny.

Thanks for telling your story so honestly and with such passion. The more of us out there relating our tales and trying to educate the world, the better :)

Nicely done Maddie. It never fails to sadden and amaze me that in the 35 years since I was your age things have become no easier for autistic people in UK schools.

A friend of mine, Siena, is just about to have her survival guide for teenage autistic girls published. There's undoubtedly a lot in her book that you'll relate to. She's 17 and the amount of similar tales she and I have about our school experiences is uncanny.

Thanks for telling your story so honestly and with such passion. The more of us out there relating our tales and trying to educate the world, the better :)
Thank you so much for taking your time to watch! And I think the more people who tell their story to the world then people will start to listen :)

I agree.

And i thought that growing up in the 70 `s over here ( Sweden) with MY diagnosis (and similar) was a living nightmare but over there it seems it still is and it saddens me emensly to have to read and hear /see this on the Video that its still as bad as before. :(

I was stupid enogh to belive things had gotten better as more and more have been discovered in this field since mien and the time before me :(

There's far more awareness than in our youth Sarah, but we've still a long way to go to achieve acceptance and parity with the non-autistic population. In some ways the greater awareness of autism now creates it's own problems for the young people of today. When I was diagnosed at 13 years old barely anybody had heard of autism and Asperger's wasn't a recognised diagnosis, so I was treated as naughty/disruptive because they knew no better.
Now there's a whole bunch of (often inaccurate) preconceptions about autism which put people like Maddie in the same position as we were because they don't fit the mould they expect.
Net result - same treatment.
The more people like Maddie, myself, Siena that I mentioned above and the thousands of other advocates around the world keep doing our best to communicate the truth, the closer we will get to being recognised for what we are, rather than compartmentalised as societal burdens and treated unfairly.

Things HAVE got better in some respects, but we still have a long, long way to go.

I can’t even describe the level of disgust and outrage I feel at the way you were treated not only by your classmates but by your teachers as well. Parents are expected to send their children to school despite that kids are not guaranteed safety there. Not even close. When you’re different, schools are basically torture chambers full of poisonous, merciless snakes. I am so glad you’ve finally found a little peace and harmony in your life.

Your video is awesome. Truly. I hardly ever use the word “awesome,” but it’s more than appropriate here. You’re an astonishingly intelligent young woman, and I hope you continue creating videos. It’s the best one I’ve ever seen from an autistic person. It’s so raw and honest. Well done!

New Threads

Top Bottom