• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People's Names

The head of the UFC is named Dana White. I always think of Vanna White from Wheel of Fortune.
I think Sasha is a short version of Alexander in Russia. How do you ge
t Sasha from Alexander? Those wacky Russians!

I've only seen the UK version of wheel of fortune, the assistant Carol Smilie is my favourite assistant, I have a crush on her.

I used to think Benji was only a dog's name then I heard a character on the movie 'Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol' named Benji, so then I knew it was also a man's name.

My biggest celebrity crush is Penny Smith, some would notice the age gap, she is older than me, but I like a lot of women in her age group

I find Bronwyn to be strange because it is hard for me to say, it doesn’t roll off the tongue easily.
As for crushes, hmm, probably Armaund Gamache of the Louise Penney books, and Heathcliff Lennox of the Karen Menuhin books.

I think names that describe people's ancestors' trade or occupation are interesting such as Miller, Cooper, Smith, Sawyer, Hunter, Harper, Carter, Wright, etc.
Maybe its because I'm from England not interesting

Last edited:
I find Bronwyn to be strange because it is hard for me to say, it doesn’t roll off the tongue easily.
As for crushes, hmm, probably Armaund Gamache of the Louise Penney books, and Heathcliff Lennox of the Karen Menuhin books.
Phonetically Br on(say on in your throat not your nose, deeply but lightly but join it on to the end of br again ) win

The head of the UFC is named Dana White. I always think of Vanna White from Wheel of Fortune.

I think Sasha is a short version of Alexander in Russia. How do you get Sasha from Alexander? Those wacky Russians!
I think phonetically Day ne ,not Va na

Maybe its because I'm from England not interesting

That's unfortunate, but to each his own. These names, indicative of ancestors' past occupations, are extremely common in the USA. I must know 50 people named "Smith" within a 10 miles radius of my home.

And, of course, every language around the world likely has names indicative of ancestral occupations. Spanish and French certainly do. My Austrian/Germanic ancestral family name means plum tree or cherry tree. I assume someone had an orchard long ago and lot of children to carry that name into the future.

That's unfortunate, but to each his own. These names, indicative of ancestors' past occupations, are extremely common in the USA. I must know 50 people named "Smith" within a 10 miles radius of my home.

It's kind of amusing to me. Reminds me of the Welsh...with so many common names occupying a relatively small space. But I can see how much of anyone in the UK would be indifferent about such things taken for granted there.

And, of course, every language around the world likely has names indicative of ancestral occupations. Spanish and French certainly do. My Austrian/Germanic ancestral family name means plum tree or cherry tree. I assume someone had an orchard long ago and lot of children to carry that name into the future.
Nope that's my belief I care about suffering of beings who never deserve any of it humans surnames are almost worthless to me

Nope that's my belief I care about suffering of beings who never deserve any of it humans surnames are almost worthless to me
I don't follow.
Why would "suffering" & "surnames" be mutually exclusive...?
full

New Threads

Top Bottom