• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People's Names

Aspergers_Aspie

Are there any people's names you find strange? Here is a contestant on UK tv quiz show 'Weakest Link' called 'B'.

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_191417.jpg
    IMG_20210329_191417.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 151
I used to work with a lot of immigrants, including Africans... I think that continent has some of the most interesting first names I've ever seen, and some are tongue twisters...

Is that Greek?

Yes. in the Iliad, there is a term: "διΐ φίλος," (pronounced di-i philos ) which is "dear to Zeus" (God) and later (i.e. koine), it became, "θεόφιλος" (Theophilus)

If I have a son, I will name him Terry Aki. If I have a daughter, I will name her Brock Ali.

Then I will turn myself in to CPS over those names.

"Paige" for a girl.
Also, there's an actor whose first name is my surname. That's weird.

Last edited:
Yes. in the Iliad, there is a term: "διΐ φίλος," (pronounced di-i philos ) which is "dear to Zeus" (God) and later (i.e. koine), it became, "θεόφιλος" (Theophilus)
In the Bible's New Testament, it means "God-loving."

It was the name of a man that Dr. Luke dedicated his two books (Luke and its sequel, Acts of the Apostles) to.

I used to represent many people from Viet Nam as clients of my law firm. They were all named Nguyen which is pronounced like "when". We had to track them and maintain client files by social security numbers because they all had the same name.

New Threads

Top Bottom