• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People's Names

When I was a kid and everyone had phone books, some poor unfortunate was listed as "Crispy Critter". We used to make prank phone calls to him, pretending to be the gas company checking the lines, and ask him what the temperature was in his house. We didn't want him to get more crispy. Kids do stuff like that, LOL.

I've heard Campbell as a First name.
did I confuse you with my thought? Was saying the surname generation !not plain enough? what about saying the person naming that human must have a mental illness classified as a personality disorder !,Campbell is a family name, meaning more! than! one being ,no !mention of it as a first name only! surname!

In the Bible's New Testament, it means "God-loving."

It was the name of a man that Dr. Luke dedicated his two books (Luke and its sequel, Acts of the Apostles) to.

It is easier to see in the Attic/Homeric. Dii is the dative of Zeus so you can see it is: Beloved OF Zeus. With Theophilius, the O indicates dative as well, meaning beloved to God. If it were accusative, it would then be loving God. However, sources such as wiki say it could be God-loving (but again, who is doing the loving?) I believe it is God doing the loving. IMHO :) But I love that we are discussing this, either way!!

There are indeed some unfortunate names around. One of the most unfortunate ones I have ever heard was Richard Head.

There's a TV presenter called Harry Potter. That's unfortunate, too. Or perhaps just annoying.

[Shinji]
Host's last name is Dyhouse which they've always found pretty strange as people hardly ever manage to spell it right when it's pronounced.

The strangest name I came across in the Netherlands was Koedood (dead cow in english), however how the Dutch got their surname explains their choice to some extent
Yeah. I love surnames. I see hundreds of patients file a day and I never get tired of looking at their surnames. People of noble lineage often have great names, but the Dutch tradition of combining surnames when marrying makes for beautiful or hilarious combinations.

Reminds me of when tv personality Paige Davis got married. To man whose last name was "Page". :confused:

But then singer Philip Phillips probably wouldn't have minded. Small wonder that Paige Davis continued to use her maiden name professionally. :p

My family shares names. I got all of mine from relatives. Interesting being named after dead people.:eek:
Not sure about the meaning.
Had I had a sister. The name would have been Sherri Shyane.

I have a few younger cousins with last names for first names; there's Grant, Grayson, Garrett, and Everett. I also have a nephew named after a book in the bible (Ezekiel), another cousin named Trevor (which is almost like Robert backwards, but change the third letter; Robert is a VERY common name in my family), and my stepdad's middle name is Lin.

There's a pro snooker player named Robbie Williams.
Pro snooker player? Does that mean there are anti snooker players?
... oh, you meant "professional", that makes a lot more sense.

On the subject of names, I knew someone whose name was Dana, but it was pronounced like "Donna", and he was a guy.

On the subject of names, I knew someone whose name was Dana, but it was pronounced like "Donna", and he was a guy.
I have seen two of my daughters' names, Jubilee & Maranatha, used as boys' names. "Jubal" is usually the male form of "Jubilee."

New Threads

Top Bottom