• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People don't believe or appreciate honesty

I'm quite capable of being dishonest, as long as I believe that being dishonest is O.K. in the particular situation. But, most of the time I feel very squeamish about being deceitful.

I think a lot of Neurotypical have much more "ability?" to live in a world of illusion.

I have a great imagination, but I don't cross the streams. I know what is reality and what is not.

But I have worked with and known soooo maaaaany people who just believe what they want to believe. No matter how much actual trouble that causes them.

I just can't do that. When I encounter an inconvenient fact, I can't push it away for more than a few days, much less build a life on it.

I think a lot of Neurotypical have much more "ability?" to live in a world of illusion.

I have a great imagination, but I don't cross the streams. I know what is reality and what is not.

But I have worked with and known soooo maaaaany people who just believe what they want to believe. No matter how much actual trouble that causes them.

I just can't do that. When I encounter an inconvenient fact, I can't push it away for more than a few days, much less build a life on it.

I have wondered about the NT ability to deceive. My husband can do it pretty much effortlessly. Thankfully, he does not want to that often, but he's much more capable than I.

My take is that he is just more comfortable with it. He doesn't get that bad feeling in the pit of his stomach as easily as I do. In other words, I wonder if we have more of a conscience?

I have wondered about the NT ability to deceive. My husband can do it pretty much effortlessly. Thankfully, he does not want to that often, but he's much more capable than I.

My take is that he is just more comfortable with it. He doesn't get that bad feeling in the pit of his stomach as easily as I do. In other words, I wonder if we have more of a conscience?

Reality has to fit their ego or fit round current emotional status.

(Avoiding uncomfortable thoughts,forming social groups with same goal)

For most,the cart is always before the horse.

Yes ... I see where you're coming from ... they don't see things the same way we do. They are seeing things in a way that is being flavored by their feelings. But, isn't that just the difference between a thinker and a feeler?

They are seeing things in a way that is being flavored by their feelings. But, isn't that just the difference between a thinker and a feeler?

1 foundation same based on thoughts, feelings
2 thinks but feels more
3 feels but thinks more

4 asd - different foundation .

Different degrees and complexities .

Hodge-podgey,farrago,mugwumpy muddlesque

I think our brains leaning toward organization, systemization, and making things "fit together" is part of it. We cannot ignore our conscience as readily as others, because we actually strive to be a holistic person, not one of parts.

1 foundation same based on thoughts, feelings
2 thinks but feels more
3 feels but thinks more

4 asd - different foundation .

Different degrees and complexities .

Hodge-podgey,farrago,mugwumpy muddlesque

So ... ASD individuals don't have the same personality parameters as NT's? They are not thinkers or feelers, but something else?

Also, it isn't 'thinks, but feels more' or vice versa. A person who is a feeler will use their intuitive feelings more often when making decisions and a person who is a thinker will use analysis to make decisions. One is not superior to the other, just different ways of coming at the same problem.

I think our brains leaning toward organization, systemization, and making things "fit together" is part of it. We cannot ignore our conscience as readily as others, because we actually strive to be a holistic person, not one of parts.

Do you think others are ignoring their conscience or is it not as 'well developed'?

So ... ASD individuals don't have the same personality parameters as NT's? They are not thinkers or feelers, but something else?

A foundation stone of ASD.

Foundation stone of NT.

Similar,thinking feeling variations built upon it. Different foundation.
Leading to different perspectives. Misunderstanding

If a white heron stands in the snow,does it have a different color?

A foundation stone of ASD.

Foundation stone of NT.

Similar,thinking feeling variations built upon it. Different foundation.
Leading to different perspectives. Misunderstanding

If a white heron stands in the snow,does it have a different color?

So you are saying that because the wiring is different in ASD's vs NT's, then the way that personality is built within that atypical wiring is so different that the Meyers-Briggs or Big Five personality parameters just do not apply to ASD individuals?

As for your riddle ... How color is perceived is fluid and individual. That is because color does not exist outside of the brain and, therefore, is completely dependent on the individual perception of the particular light waves lengths entering the retina.

So you are saying that because the wiring is different in ASD's vs NT's, then the way that personality is built within that atypical wiring is so different that the Meyers-Briggs or Big Five personality parameters just do not apply to ASD individuals?

As for your riddle ... How color is perceived is fluid and individual. That is because color does not exist outside of the brain and, therefore, is completely dependent on the individual perception of the particular light waves lengths entering the retina.

1st question. No.
It's not all or nothing.

Riddle was to represent the difference.

Same heron.

First statement ... Then what is it?

Why not speak plainly rather than in riddles? It's as if you are either intentionally being vague or are trying to show how clever you can be. It's really very non-aspie.

First statement ... Then what is it?

Why not speak plainly rather than in riddles? It's as if you are either intentionally being vague or are trying to show how clever you can be. It's really very non-aspie.

Because speaking plainly doesn't work.
It wasn't a riddle but a representation to illustrate the difference of what I'm trying to say.

"It's really very non-aspie"

Nice positive sentence to end this.

I'm out.

New Threads

Top Bottom