• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People diagnosed with autism only

Sand

I need to interact with Autistic people.

If you have been diagnosed with only autism and no comorbid things like adhd or something message me I want to be freinds. And you need to be sure you don't have any comorbid things, don't message me if you're suspecting other things.

I have a lot of interests so

That is a tall order.
Most ASD1s have some co-morbids that do not radically impair our functioning level, like
  • prosopagnosia [face-blindness] (me),
  • ADHD,
  • hyperacusis [sound sensitivity], etc.
In ASD1s, they are just more manageable than the severe co-morbids of ASD2 & 3.

Welcome to the forum.

If you have been diagnosed with only autism and no comorbid things like adhd or something message me I want to be freinds. And you need to be sure you don't have any comorbid things, don't message me if you're suspecting other things.
Since we are a help and support forum, I offer the perspective to you that this may not be the best approach to making friends. Perhaps you could consider being more open-minded and you may meet some interesting people.

That is a tall order.
Most ASD1s have some co-morbids that do not radically impair our functioning level, like
  • ADHD,
I know a woman that has hyperacusis. She often wears headphones (very similar to noise cancelling headphones an autistic person may wear to reduce sensory overload) when at home and out and about because she has an increased sensitivity to sound.

One of my coworkers (female) is a questioning autistic (waiting for an official diagnosis, self-suspecting at the moment) that has tics (not Tourette’s syndrome, Tourette’s syndrome tics usually begin in early childhood and need to be going on for a year before diagnosis).

Hey, what gives, us Aspies with co-morbids not good enough for ya? (ONLY JOKING!)
:laughing::laughing:
Don't worry, it's cool. I'm more ADHD than autistic, but there are a lot of autistic autistics here who will PM you. Welcome to the site. :)

Last edited:
I'm an ASD2 with no comorbities. I have strong social skills and a very old fashioned sense of honour and responsibility. One of my main interests is anthropology, sociology, political theory and law.

I agree with Rodafina's sentiment that your approach will be alienating to many people on this forum. I'm also very suspicious of anyone that wants to talk in private conversations only. Why? What are you hiding?

Hello.

Perhaps you would like to tell us more about yourself or your interests perhaps?

I can't speak for others, but my experiences with people who want to be friends right away hasn't been very good, and I've found that some of my better friends and acquaintances are those whom I've simply gotten to know over time.

Quite often, it's only with the passage of time that one can build connections, and sometimes these connections are with people are quite different from ourselves, and whom I wouldn't have expected to find a connection with, but yet we have.

Definitely agree with the low incidence of non-comorbidities. In some places, it's almost impossible to not end up with a diagnosis of ADHD (or similar disorders) long before getting one for ASD.

Many people on this forum cannot get access to a diagnosis for autism because it can be expensive and hard to find. There’s rarely places that have diagnosis for only adults. I also think it’s impossible to be diagnosed with only autism because we are unique individuals. We all come in different shapes and sizes.

I’d be interested to know figures on how many of us are self-diagnosed. That percentage would be disqualified for not having a diagnosis, I’m guessing. Looks like we’re after a pretty thin slice.

As Autism is a neurological disorder, it's a guaranteed that there will be comorbids. Anything from Ehlers Danlos to Clinical Depression, and beyond.

The Autism Spectrum runs from ADHD to Schizophrenia.

Although we can relate with each other quite well, nearly everyone here is in a different spot on that line.

I personally have at least a half dozen comorbids.

That being said, I'd totally like to be your friend, as would most people here.

Last edited:
Face-blindness and sound sensitivity are both symptoms of Autism though, ADHD is something else. I see a lot of people talk about having cormorbid things now but I used to see people who only had Autism so I am looking for them
That is a tall order.
  • ADHD,

HI and Welcome @Sand
Do hang out here a bit and get to know us. You might find that there are some people you resonate with or whose posts you particularly appreciate reading

Hey, what gives, us Aspies with co-morbids not good enough for ya? (ONLY JOKING!)
:laughing::laughing:
Don't worry, it's cool. I'm more ADHD than autistic, but there are a lot of autistic autistics here who will PM you. Welcome to the site.
It's complicated sorry, but thank you, it's nice to meet you

I'm an ASD2 with no comorbities. I have strong social skills and a very old fashioned sense of honour and responsibility. One of my main interests is anthropology, sociology, political theory and law.

I agree with Rodafina's sentiment that your approach will be alienating to many people on this forum. I'm also very suspicious of anyone that wants to talk in private conversations only. Why? What are you hiding?
I am open-minded, I know my post was not worded properly. It's nice to meet you, I am interested in Law and like hearing about the other three things listed, although I have some opinions on some parts of sociology. I don't have to talk in private conversations only, I'm used to using message me I didn't word my post properly so I understand.

I don't have very good social skills, but I like honour and responibility. What did you mean by it being old fashioned?
I know I'm filtering a lot of people, it's complicated and I don't think I'll go into detail but I have to right now, but maybe I can be freinds with them in the future

Hello.

Perhaps you would like to tell us more about yourself or your interests perhaps?

I can't speak for others, but my experiences with people who want to be friends right away hasn't been very good, and I've found that some of my better friends and acquaintances are those whom I've simply gotten to know over time.

Quite often, it's only with the passage of time that one can build connections, and sometimes these connections are with people are quite different from ourselves, and whom I wouldn't have expected to find a connection with, but yet we have.
I like video games and Anime and Manga. I was disgnosed with Autism at 19. I'm learning Japanese. I need to interact with people who only have diagnosed Autism and aren't suspecting any comorbid other things that they may have.

I'm interested in MBTI, Harry Potter, woodworking, swimming, books/reading, programming, psychology, music, drawing, biological engineering, learning languages, philosophy, autism, japanese culture, and a lot of other things.
I’d be interested to know figures on how many of us are self-diagnosed. That percentage would be disqualified for not having a diagnosis, I’m guessing. Looks like we’re after a pretty thin slice.

Yes sorry. I understand you likely do have it despite the self diagnoses, but I have to be %100 sure right now.

As Autism is a neurological disorder, it's a guaranteed that there will be comorbids. Anything from Ehlers Danlos to Clinical Depression, and beyond.

The Autism Spectrum runs from ADHD to Schizophrenia.

Although we can relate with each other quite well, nearly everyone here is in a different spot on that line.

I personally have at least a half dozen comorbids.

That being said, I'd totally like to be your friend, as would most people here.

No, there can be symptoms that look the same or things that are similar or seemingly overlapping, but when you really get to know them and the reasons why they are different. Some ADHD symptoms and Autism symptoms can overlap or look the same, but you can have one with out the other, or it can look like you have something but you don't. ADHD and Schizophrenia are two seperate diagnosis and are also seperate from Autism.

I can't be your freind right now but it could change in a year or two so if your still around and I am too then we can be freinds that would be cool

There may have been some polls about this here, but I don't remember any specifically. I've thought that it seems there are a fair number of self-diagnosed (i'm one). If I had to guess I would say 65/35 diagnosed to self diagnosed. But it's just a guess.

I need to interact with Autistic people.

I have a lot of interests so

As others have mentioned it's extremely common for people to have co-morbids. Maybe there is some difference in what you consider co-morbids? Right now things like Anxiety and Depression are apparently considered co-morbids by medical professionals but personnally I think of them as just natural developments of autism.

I'm guessing perhaps you have had difficulties with someone(s) with another diagnosis and need to shield yourself from that for a while. I totally get that. Whatever the reason I don't think it wrong to do what you need to do to protect your mental health. I sometimes filter out certain personality types here (with the ignor function) because it causes mental turbulance for me and I like this place to remain a positive experience. I sometimes add them back in when I am in a better place mentally.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom