• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Outfit of the day thread :)

Oops, I believe I misunderstood :oops: You were probably talking about the gap in Korean socks to separate the big toe from the others lol.
And I thought I've found another being with funny feet :D

No, I have normal feet, thank goodness. I was talking about the Korean socks being shaped like mittens - a section for the thumb or big toe and another section for the digits. My daughters sometimes cringe when they see me. I am so uncool! And don't really care! But I do dress nicely when I have to be in public.

For you @MaryTerry
SmartSelect_20220201-125534_Chrome.jpg

No, I have normal feet, thank goodness. I was talking about the Korean socks being shaped like mittens - a section for the thumb or big toe and another section for the digits. My daughters sometimes cringe when they see me. I am so uncool! And don't really care! But I do dress nicely when I have to be in public.

This is what I'm talking about btw. It also comes with an advantage: I can hold a pen with my toes. My toe writing is not so good though. But it doesn't look too bad lol.
Actually, an orthopedist told me that this is what a naturally developed foot should look like and that this 'malalignment' can only be found among indigenous people who have walked barefoot all their lifes. Our shoes are like a corset for feet, they squeeze our toes together as they grow.
And I'm walking barefoot most of the year, wherever it's not considered improper.
According to my doctor, an unuasally large gap can also be a softmarker to diagnose trisomy 21. It is also linked to autism (but that is only the result of one study).
So, I don't really know whether this is genetic or an acquired trait.
IMG_20220201_205103177_MP~2.jpg

This is what I'm talking about btw. It also comes with an advantage: I can hold a pen with my toes. My toe writing is not so good though. But it doesn't look too bad lol.
Actually, an orthopedist told me that this is what a naturally developed foot should look like and that this 'malalignment' can only be found among indigenous people who have walked barefoot all their lifes. Our shoes are like a corset for feet, they squeeze our toes together as they grow.
And I'm walking barefoot most of the year, wherever it's not considered improper.
According to my doctor, an unuasally large gap can also be a softmarker to diagnose trisomy 21. It is also linked to autism (but that is only the result of one study).
So, I don't really know whether this is genetic or an acquired trait.
View attachment 75008

I assumed everyone's feet are that way, with a noticeably larger gap between the big toe and the next one? Mine are like you show in the picture. Unlike yours though, my next biggest toe is longer than my big toe on both feet.

@Aneka - Hmmmm. I guess I do have a gap between my big toes and the others. I thought everyone had a gap. Your feet look fine and perfectly normal to me. I can hold a pen and semi-write with my feet, too. I used to able to pick up marbles with my toes when I younger and drop them in a container when the kids were young and left them on the floor. I probably could still do it.

I agree with you about going barefoot. Shoes are instruments of torture. I grew up going barefoot most of the time so maybe that's why we can use our toes and feet the way the muscles are intended to be used?! People develop bunions from wearing tight shoes that push the big toe over toward the other toes.

Have you ever watched the movie called "My Left Foot" about an artist who painted with his foot? Amazing true story.

I go barefoot or wear flip flops so long as it's not snowing. There is little gap between my toes but I can pickup objects big and small, cross my toes, and make a mark with a pen. But I have no practice writing my name. I don't think the toe gap matters. I think it is because we go barefoot and our feet stay limber that we have monkey feet. A large toe gap would suggest genetics.

Wool cap, dark green
Wire eyeglasses
White oxford shirt
Maroon knit tie
Houndstooth trousers & waistcoat, wool,
Harris tweed jacket
Black knee high wool socks
Brown leather shoes
1940s camel's hair long overcoat

I wear a lot of the same kind of clothes... boring and 80 years out of date, but the extra pockets are heavenly.

My first shipment of new clothes arrived today!!! :)
Way faster than expected too!

Blue hoodie and gray sweatshirt are from Ellesse

Fluffy brown hoodie is Forever Young brand and is from Amazon

Salty Crew hoodie is from Poshmark

As you can see, I like “neutrals” :) You will see me wearing a big mix of male/female/gender neutral clothes.

A19156B7-C9B8-40FA-A86B-ABA9C6718164.jpeg

Wool and a case of 24 hour bed head sums up how I look most day. Not a huge fan of Amazon or having a very large wardrobe really--too much decision making.

So everything's from the thrift store--pants & waistcoat from about 1949. I have the matching jacket for those but decided to go with a different jacket today. Once again Harris tweed and once again baggy. (I do my dry-cleaning by burying clothes in a snowbank & leaving them overnight, then digging them up the next day & throwing them over the pipes in the boiler room to dry. About the only thing that boiler's good for--it's blue cold in the house at night.)

Overcoat dated on union label to 1949. Expensive back in its time but though fashion changes, cold weather doesn't, so it is always nice to have. I'm too lazy to keep coming up with "outfits" so I just make do by layering.

IMG_20220202_152823.jpg

IMG_20220202_140550.jpg

Last edited:
For today, just hanging around the apartment, khaki shorts (don't know the brand) and a grey tank with navy trim (I think the brand is Bella+Canvas, I got it, and a bunch of other colors, on Amazon.)

New Threads

Top Bottom