• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Outfit of the day thread :)

Luca

V.I.P Member
I’ll give credit to @OkRad for this idea, although I thought of it as well :)

What is your outfit today?
You can post a picture if you want (but you don’t have to post a photo of yourself wearing it, I won’t usually, either.)

Fashion is one of my special interests (along with hairdressing and cosmetology) so I thought I’d share, and welcome others to share :)

This is today’s outfit for me:
- Shirt is brandless, I got it on Amazon
- Jacket is Southpole, I got it at Burlington Coat Factory
- Jeans are from Old Navy
- Sneakers are Nike Air Max
- Bag is Herschel brand, from Foot Locker

I’m typically a size L/XL mens and a 1x womens (you don’t have to say what size you are :) I’m just adding this detail in case anyone is interested in how these clothes would fit their size!)

C8291091-464D-4B26-90CE-3C9DD5850B4B.jpeg

I won't post a picture because my outfit looks like an olive drab raisin topped with dusty blue "mold". :p

I am being silly of course. But living on a boat we don't have much room for clothes so they all bet horribly wrinkled. When we are on the dock we do have an iron we can use but it is so inconvenient we will only pull it out for formal occassions. Instead we have a system where we keep a set of clothes for going to town but most of the time we hangout on the boat in rags. Boat life is really hard on clothes so we minimize what will get ruined or worn out quickly.

Yesterday though hubby and I had to go get showers at the marina bathroom. This means putting on clothes that are tidy in case we pass others. I realized that hubby and I were dressed alike. Olive green pants and blue, v-neck tshirt. We do that a lot. It's not conscious. It's just weird. Very "twinny". People also say we look alike. Which is even weirder gived that I am female, dark hair, 5 feet tall and hubby is male, blonde and 6 feet tall. o_O:p

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I prefer tight-fitting clothes, to me they're more comfortable. I especially can't stand any baggy trousers or long skirts. I've seen that most people on the forums are the contrary though.

Today I wear a tan turtle-neck sweater in rib knit and dark blue jeans, along with dark grey and brown sneakers and a winter jacket in sienna.

Without any budget for clothes growing up, my mother would shop the bargain basement. I would get pants so baggy that you could have marched a platoon in them. As a result I stopped thinking of fashion until I was out on my own and had sufficient money. The clothes that seem to be cut to fit me best are from Ralph Lauren and I'll wear a shirt of his with slim cut 514 Jeans. Plus, when motorcycling I love to wear my leathers, good American made from Schott or Fox Creek, though for my sport touring bike have a set of ballistic nylon high vis clothes.

I wear basically the same thing every day. Loose white t-shirt and lightweight chino type trousers and, fashion conscious stop reading now, socks and sandals.:eek:

I wear basically the same thing every day. Loose white t-shirt and lightweight chino type trousers and, fashion conscious stop reading now, socks and sandals.:eek:
Socks and sandals for young men are “in” now though!! :eek: I wear long socks with slides in the summer too :)

I don't know if I'll get a chance to participate in this thread. I only wear actual clothes to leave the house, otherwise, it's pajama city, baby. I dislike regular clothes so much, that within minutes of coming in the front door, I've ripped off my layers, and climbed into a new nightgown. It's like my lazy woman "Mister Rogers" routine, I suppose.
Hear hear!

From one Pajama mama to another...:cool:

long, loose, tannish tank top with warm sweater/hoodie over it and my flared jeans. Comfy slippers and an arm wrist band I made for a wrist protector when I'm on the computer - but it's also warming. :)

Today - yoga pants. Two layer tanks, polar fleece vest and a jacket over all that to pay bills. And faux ugg boots (walmart) black but so warm.

I have a new Blåkläder jacket, it`s a Swedish brand and they make the most durable clothes I have seen. You have to work hard and long to make a hole in this or rip a seam. Blåkläder means "Blue Clothes":

View attachment 74945
I have noticed that Europeans probably purchase quality and durability preferentially. In America, not so much. It was brought home when quite a while ago I purchased an asian leather jacket. It wore poorly and had substandard thread that started breaking down. Finally saved enough to get a Schott, Perfecto. Such excellent quality, and it is timeless.
118New_950x950.jpg

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom