• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Optical Illusion reveals if your Brain is Male or Female

What do you believe is your Brain's dominant processing style?

• ♀ Feminine

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • ♂ Masculine

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • ⚥ Combined

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

Slim Jim

has glasses,shirt,hair, just need jim charisma now
1.jpg

Do you see the man running towards or away from you in this optical illusion?

Illusion shows if you have female or male brain & what you see first says a lot

If you saw the runner approaching, this means you have a more male brain.

If you saw the figure hightailing it away from you, it means you have a more female brain.

Some parts of the picture are bit "off" if he's running towards you.
I think it's actually just measuring if you start at the head and look down, or center of mass and look up.

Last edited:
It's basically about your first impression. Every time I glance, it's running at me. Of course, if you stop and stare, you can switch to seeing the figure running away. I can. But it's about the initial processing. What is your brain's default mode of perceiving. And with me, without fail, every time, it's male. I see it running at me. Like the ending of those batman movies. :laughing:

E.G.
hqdefault.jpg

@Slim Jim

Do you always scan from the top down? AFAIK that's "human normal" for bodies, and when I do it, the runner is usually moving towards me. For me the perspective lines and shading gradient encourage that too.

If I start center (i.e. treat it as "any image", rather than a centered image of a human), the shape of the arm/ hand on the left side of the picture flips it to running away.
(BTW I know why this works for me, but the arm/hand shape that sets the direction for me might not work for other people.

FWIW the batman one has inconsistent shadows. I can't make myself care about the direction ... and check out the LH shoe on the RH side figure :)

Yeah, I guess so. The head and shoulder contour is what I notice first.

I can make no determination about figure direction from a still.
If moving, it would depend on whether the figure was getting larger or smaller.

At very first glance it was running away. But looking at a second time I see both. Interesting.

1.jpg

If you saw the figure hightailing it away from you, it means you have a more female brain.
Yep, I've looked at the feet first because this part of the picture stands out more to me and it looked like the figure runs to me. Looking at the head, I had the reverse effect.

Some body parts stand out in unnatural angles. Looks like this poor guy got run over.

I saw both possibilities immediately, and then could not unsee either. I can flip them whichever way I want and hold them there. Just like the staircase illusion or the face-or-vase illusion are to me now, but with those I saw only one thing at first. With the runner I saw both. I think it's because now when I see the word illusion I immediately start to look for different perspectives.

Every time I look at it, I find myself focusing on the light in the distance and my mind automatically supposes the figure is running toward the light and not away from it. However, if I try hard enough, I can.... No I can't! What does that say about my brain even though I have never considered my brain to be either male or female, it just is what I have made of it!

These are considerations I must make whenever I create "counterfeit" images. Being able to analyze the light sources of one subject, relative to the background and surrounding of other subjects/objects. Where I must inevitably alter the light sources of whatever images I am combining to make the image appear real.

The light source centered in the background relative to a person running in the foreground- making them appear backlit. So I can only conclude that the shadows cast are directly behind them, and not in front of them. Meaning the person is running away and towards the light source on the horizon. The shape of the person's left and right feet correlate to this as well.

To reverse the shadows would require a light source greater than that we see in the background. Meaning the subject in question would no longer be completely backlit.

Male or female perspective? I just see such things in terms of graphics and photography. My bad. Or is the entire premise relative to gender based exclusively on the results of a quick, impulsive judgment rather than a more analytical assessment ? Or could the actual answer be that this is just tabloid fodder ? :p

Last edited:
Train about to hit stupid jogger.

;)
In that case...

If you see him running away from the train, you're a pessimist.
And if you see him running towards the train, you're an optimist.

:D

In that case...

If you see him running away from the train, you're a pessimist.
And if you see him running towards the train, you're an optimist.

:D

I see him frozen motionless in his ignosecond.

Ignosecond: 1) The moment of clarity just after a boneheaded act, but just before the point of no return, when you realize you've just done something stupid. (urban dictionary)

I think the optimist/pessimist thing would depend on whether I caught it on video.

;)

1.jpg

The arm on the viewer's left makes no sense. I suppose it could have flopped out that way. The arm on the viewer's right is too tight. That's what popped into my head when I saw the picture and I went about trying to figure out why the arms looked that way. Then I thought, He's not wearing obvious clothing. And then, It's not a photo, just a graphic, Being a graphic it is probably meant to be an optical illusion.

After all that, I couldn't decide which direction he was running and locked up in hysteresis, after which I decided it didn't matter.

New Threads

Top Bottom