• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Optical Illusion reveals if your Brain is Male or Female

What do you believe is your Brain's dominant processing style?

• ♀ Feminine

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • ♂ Masculine

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • ⚥ Combined

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
I can perceive both and can switch between the two. So, that makes me...what, a hybrid? I voted "combined" because of that.

My first impression was the guy running towards the light though, so going by that I guess that means a female brain.

Last edited:
First impression without analysis is usually what these illusions are made for.
I always thought this one was cool.

Sexual dimorphism, doesn't just stop at the brain. The question, is whether how much of these perceived gender differences is a result of software versus hardware.

The anatomy of the brain. (Hardware.)
Personality and behavioral traits. (Software.)

Neural circuits and consciousness, the interplay of hormones , all play a role, in producing, certain perceptual styles, characterized and labeled either male or female.

I don't say we have different brains, anatomically, there are negligible differences, physically, but the way our brains are arranged, at least on a observational level, culturally, there does seem to be a duality. Like many things in nature. Yin/yang. There are evolutionary reasons for this also.

Great posts, really enjoying and laughing lots! :yum:

@Au Naturel, one possible reason for the strange angle of the arm is that the person is being attacked by a bee and running away from that, whichever direction away is. And if the person is naked that would make even more sense. :innocent:

Every time I look at it, I find myself focusing on the light in the distance and my mind automatically supposes the figure is running toward the light and not away from it. However, if I try hard enough, I can.... No I can't! What does that say about my brain even though I have never considered my brain to be either male or female, it just is what I have made of it!

In biology terms, you therefore think the figure is positively phototropic. ;)

A lot of insects are positively phototropic in their tendency to move towards light. But when trying to hide they may become negatively phototropic. :grimacing:

I wonder if your brain is seeing that running towards the light thing symbolically as well.

...another thought: it's a vampire who is returning home a tad later than he should have! :tonguewink:

And I have a bad case of boy brain.

So if there's a boy brain in a girl, does that technically make the brain a girl brain because she is providing the dwelling for the brain? :innocent:

In other words, I suppose - does the body own the brain, or the brain the body, or is it another relationship altogether? :innocent:

Cue 50 pages of convoluted philosophical discussion! :tonguewink:

So if there's a boy brain in a girl, does that technically make the brain a girl brain because she is providing the dwelling for the brain? :innocent:

In other words, I suppose - does the body own the brain, or the brain the body, or is it another relationship altogether? :innocent:

Cue 50 pages of convoluted philosophical discussion! :tonguewink:

Probably the answer is very simple: the entire premise is untrue. There are no girl or boy brains.

Our brain is a receiver not an originator. It is our soul or higher mind that is the real you. Our brains can change through neuroplasticity, based on many factors throughout our life experience. I equate my feeling of having a predominantly female like brain to a kind of sensitivity that makes if far easier to be in the company of women, which does not translate physically into being attracted to men. It is all just a way of saying something that is not easy to say. I don't think who we are is who we seem to be, or have become through nature and nurture, and peer pressured influence, etc.

Probably the answer is very simple: the entire premise is untrue. There are no girl or boy brains.

Oh, come on! ;) :innocent: Did you have to spoil all the fun by pointing out the problematic nature of the entire premise, when we could have played ping-pong with the peripherals? Waah! :sob: :tonguewink:

How about this then! :smilingimp:

female-brain-male-brain.jpg

Yeah, the antenna theory of brain activity. I've heard of that.

It's not about "boy" and "girl" brain, that's a surface level thing, the split is more along the lines of analytical modes of thought, and more emphatic modes of thought.

"In a 2014 study, University of Pennsylvania researchers imaged the brains of 428 male and 521 female youths — an uncharacteristically huge sample — and found that the females' brains consistently showed more strongly coordinated activity between hemispheres, while the males' brain activity was more tightly coordinated within local brain regions."

I have always felt that my "higher mind" was not a part of my brain. My brain is a collection of connections that have been built or modified over a very long time. I love to think that my mind is similar to a user connected to a piece of equipment by virtue of natures wi-fi (hey, ex software engineer * giggle *). I have always felt that who I am exists outside the physical shell I wear, which may be why I have such interesting dreams (my last actual nightmare was pre-teen -lucky me-).

Having spent a fair bit of time altering my brain chemistry at various times over the years, I may have a bit of a skewed view. I once ran a post I did on here through a site that purported to be able to tell the gender of the writer. The result gave me two weighted scores, one for informal and one for formal. My results were weak male for informal and weak female for formal. Is that measure any more meaningful than the visual test? I think we need to realize, hormones aside, that we are more alike on some levels than we would like to admit.

New Threads

Top Bottom