• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old-fashioned Advertisements

We called it the Trash-80. Using Azimov as a spokesperson was brilliant.
That particular TRS-80 was a re-badged Sharp. It had a quirky but compact dialect of BASIC, in which I had a few dreams.
One time, a troop of nerds went over to a conference in Japan, and the party favours were palm-top computers like those, but in Japanese. Oriental inscrutability level ten.

Screenshot_20231020-112601_Chrome.jpg

I want one!

Is that the one that had low-level radioactive material?
Yep. I researched it because I thought it was a hoax. It was quite real. It was removed from the market not for safety reasons, but because at $50, most families back then couldn't afford to buy one for Jr., so they didn't sell well.

My parents often tell me about adivertisments shown on TV in former Yugoslavia, but I'm not very interested in them.
But they were likely better than modern.

Dear me! The gun is a little strong! :smilecat:
Personally, the one that makes my jaw drop is the one where he's dressed in fencing gear when asking if Wontkins wants Wilkins coffee. When Wontkins doesn't want any, the next scene is Wilkins cleaning what looks like blood off his sword with the words "Some learn, some don't".
The implication that he killed Wontkins for not wanting coffee (in that advert at least) is pretty messed up.

New Threads

Top Bottom