• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old-fashioned Advertisements

image.png

Old adverts might have been creative, but not entirely ethical:

I would never stick my hands in any kind of dishwashing liquid because I cannot stand the feel of it.
But I remember my mom buying pale green bars of Palmolive soap to wash with in the bathtub.

I looked up Palmolive-Colgate products on Wiki and learned they used to sell a snack in the mid-70s called Bambeanos. They were whole roasted and flavored soybeans. They soon discontinued it after it rapidly gained a reputation for causing excessive flatulence.:oops:

I remember this one from my childhood when we recorded Mary Poppins off the TV one Christmas - with this been one of the adverts. I might see if I can find some of the others later:

Disneyland Paris - "My Grandpa"

Per Sam's Club, bacon is $3.82/lb ($11.47 for a package) and 10 lbs of Russet potatoes is $5.76.
Everything used to be so much cheaper back then. Nothing will ever be that affordable again. I once found a news story where a gas station manager in California was fired after mistakenly setting gas prices at .69/gallon. Reminds me of how affordable items were back then

New Threads

Top Bottom